Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Coaches Association Player of Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to:

MACIE GIBSON (Owsley Co.)
Congrats..
Congrats... Great player.

I'll go with Proffitt though. Soon enough, everyone will agree. The girl is putting in the work. She will be a completely different player next year.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Congrats... Great player.

I'll go with Proffitt though. Soon enough, everyone will agree. The girl is putting in the work. She will be a completely different player next year.

Can you not just say congratulations to this young lady and go on? Profit is a great player and a great young lady but comments like these are what causes decention. It's fine to be supportive and proud but this is an earned honor by Gibson and let her enjoy it. Make a thread about profit and praise her she deserves it.
If I think Proffitt is the best player in the 14th I'm going to say it. I do congratulate Gibson for winning the award.She is a great player. All thing considered I think Proffitt's is the better player and if that causes a disagreement so be it. You don't have to agree with my opinion but you can't stop me from expressing it
Big Hammer Wrote:If I think Proffitt is the best player in the 14th I'm going to say it. I do congratulate Gibson for winning the award.She is a great player. All thing considered I think Proffitt's is the better player and if that causes a disagreement so be it. You don't have to agree with my opinion but you can't stop me from expressing it

Your right we can't stop you from expressing your opinion however Thankfully your opinion doesn't matter. The opinion (fact) here is that the coaches voted and they decided Gibson was best player in this region this year. Congratulate her and let it go at that. There should be mention of any other player here. Reason being Gibson won the award, that won't change. And to be clear Gibson is the best player in this region. Come watch next year and you'll find out.
Streetoutlaw Wrote:Your right we can't stop you from expressing your opinion however Thankfully your opinion doesn't matter. The opinion (fact) here is that the coaches voted and they decided Gibson was best player in this region this year. Congratulate her and let it go at that. There should be mention of any other player here. Reason being Gibson won the award, that won't change. And to be clear Gibson is the best player in this region. Come watch next year and you'll find out.

I really hope they get to play against each other once more before graduation. I think they have only played against each other twice. Once when Proffitt was at jbs and in all-star game last year. Proffitt was clearly the better player in both games. As long as the coaches in this region vote though, Proffitt doesn't stand a chance. They all feel Napier recruited her and hold it against the girl. That's fine though, I've seen her workouts and she will remove all doubt soon enough. over and out.
Proffitt is the best player in the 14th region. I love Macie Gibson and her game she should be really proud of being picked by the coaches as player of the year. Congratulations. Unlike the coaches I think Proffitt is the best player in the region better than Gibson or Waugh or Higgins or Kash. Now my opinion might not matter to anyone but me but it's still my opinion
Amazing.......
Lol
I'll leave it at this. This thread was created to congratulate a young lady on a tremendous honor being the player chosen by the coaches as player of year. There should be no mention of anyone else. Adults should grow up a little congratulate a fine young lady that works her tail off and go on. If you want to discuss the best player make a new thread and we can discuss it as long as you like. For anyone to get any respect from me going forward I would like to see an apology and congrats to Macie.
I'll get it started. Congratulations to Macie Gibson for all the long hours of hard work paying off. We are proud of you down in Owl country.
If you will read back you'll see I congratulated Macie also said she is a great player and she is. I wouldn't feel right apologizing for the fact I think Proffitt is the better player. Put yourself in my position is there any person or group of people that could convince you Proffitt is better because it's their opinion? We don't have to agree who is better and I'm sure we never will
Big Hammer Wrote:If you will read back you'll see I congratulated Macie also said she is a great player and she is. I wouldn't feel right apologizing for the fact I think Proffitt is the better player. Put yourself in my position is there any person or group of people that could convince you Proffitt is better because it's their opinion? We don't have to agree who is better and I'm sure we never will

Not asking you to apologize for thinking that. Your entitled to your opinion. Just think wrong thread to be expressing it.
Don't want an apology for your opinion. Everyone is entitled to theirs. Just feel like you should not express it on a thread meant to congratulate a high school player on a wonderful honor. Just my opinion.
Any posts that are off topic, derogatory to another poster, baiting other posters or anything outside the rules will result in immediate and permenant suspension.

This is directed straight to Big Hammer, Ballerfromtheholler and Maroons.
Granny Bear Wrote:Any posts that are off topic, derogatory to another poster, baiting other posters or anything outside the rules will result in immediate and permenant suspension.

Thank you
Congrats to Gibson.
Congrats to Macie Gibson. She deserves this award because she is the best player in the region. She has more D-1 upside than any other 14th region player, and that's why she will be playing on one of the Kentucky Premier AAU teams this summer that's designated for D-1 prospects. Her team will be playing in Lexington, Indianapolis, Bowling Green, Nashville, and Atlanta. There may be a few more that I'm not aware of.

As far as the comparisons with Proffit, it's really difficult to compare players who play different positions. Proffit is a shooting 2 guard and Gibson plays the 3,4 or 5 positions. Proffit did have an advantage in the past season of playing with more experienced players than Gibson. They both averaged around the same points per game but Gibson did it while playing with three 8th grade and one 10th grade starters. She basically had to carry the entire team on her back because of their youth and inexperience, and by district tournament time improved enough to win the 56th from a 4 seed spot.
Gibson was well deserved. Super talented girl with tons of upside.
Any word on what schools are taking interest? Curious what position they are recruiting her for.. I think she's a 3-4 combo but at a smaller school I guess she could play the 5..Can score with back to basket and step out and hit 3..
This was a great selection. Well deserved.
Passtheball Wrote:Any word on what schools are taking interest? Curious what position they are recruiting her for.. I think she's a 3-4 combo but at a smaller school I guess she could play the 5..Can score with back to basket and step out and hit 3..

I don't know specifics but she can play 3/4 at division one level. Her ball handling and outside shot are much better than most think. I think she could be a matchup problem. Play her small and she can post, play her with a big she can step out. She is the total package and will make a college coach very happy one day.
Granny Bear Wrote:Any posts that are off topic, derogatory to another poster, baiting other posters or anything outside the rules will result in immediate and permenant suspension.

That's so funny