Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Ranked #3 in the State according to MaxPreps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just seen this, and not having seen Pikeville play this year, I was wondering how accurate this was?
Prolly a little unreasonable. I could see them being in the 20-25 range. They are undefeated and beat some teams from some bigger areas while in Myrtle Beach. Johnson Central is still the top dog in the 15th tho due to top level pitching. After that there's prolly 4 or 5 teams that are very close ( Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Magoffin, Lawrence). It wouldn't surprise me to see Johnson Central lose a game inside the 15th, because each of those 4 teams mentioned has the pitching to get a win on a given night, but overall the region is JC's to lose in my honest opinion. Sheldon Clark has a dandy pitcher, Shelby Valley is a much improved team. Also if Belfry can get their number 1 healthy they could stir the pot some. Pike Central has a solid coach and could win a game that maybe no one would think they should. Sorry didn't mean to go off on a tangent. To answer your question, no not likely accurate, but they are a solid ball club.
Not accurate. Maxpreps is unreliable on stuff like that. But agree with poster above, we have a very solid ball club. It's too early in the year to worry about this stuff. But I've been impressed with what I see.
Max preps is not a very good source to by
This is probably the best Pikeville team since the late 90s but not #3 in the state.
PHSFAN Wrote:This is probably the best Pikeville team since the late 90s but not #3 in the state.

Are you being serious? The 2010-12 team was OUTSTANDING. I remember watching them and Lawrence match up in the postseason in 2010 and 2011.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Are you being serious? The 2010-12 team was OUTSTANDING. I remember watching them and Lawrence match up in the postseason in 2010 and 2011.

Not only those teams, but the 2005 team as well as the 2002 team were in my opinion much better than this one.
The team that made it to the Final 4 is arguably the best team in school history...can't believe I forgot that team. Was that 2010? I can't remember which season it was but that was the deepest Pikeville has ever advanced in post-season play. It will be interesting too see if Pikeville can win another region title this year and if so how far they can advance.
Pikeville has a solid, veteran team that can win the region
PHSFAN Wrote:The team that made it to the Final 4 is arguably the best team in school history...can't believe I forgot that team. Was that 2010? I can't remember which season it was but that was the deepest Pikeville has ever advanced in post-season play. It will be interesting too see if Pikeville can win another region title this year and if so how far they can advance.

You also have the 2004 team with 30 wins and a Regional Runner Up, The 2005 team with 33 wins and a Regional Title, and 2011 Team with 35 wins and a Regional Runner up. It is a little early to put this team in that catagory, especially with only 4 30 win seasons in the history of Pikeville High. This team has the makings to be the next 30 win team with six seniors. Good luck and bring home another Championship.
Commanche Wrote:You also have the 2004 team with 30 wins and a Regional Runner Up, The 2005 team with 33 wins and a Regional Title, and 2011 Team with 35 wins and a Regional Runner up. It is a little early to put this team in that catagory, especially with only 4 30 win seasons in the history of Pikeville High. This team has the makings to be the next 30 win team with six seniors. Good luck and bring home another Championship.
Pretty sure either the 83-84 team or the 84-85 team had a 30 win season as well. Trying to find the old yearbooks to confirm.
PHSForever Wrote:Pretty sure either the 83-84 team or the 84-85 team had a 30 win season as well. Trying to find the old yearbooks to confirm.

There was another in the 80's or 90's for sure.