Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region JV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just saw another thread that said who won the 14th region JV tournament....So I just wanted to see what everyone thought about the 15th having one....I think these kids should have some kind of tournament at the end of the year....I mean they work as hard as the varsity kids and are actually the ones that go up against the varsity guys day in and day out....I think they should be rewarded with a little tournament at the end even if it is just a one or two day thing....They really have nothing to work towards because after the last game of the season they are just finished unless a couple see time in varsity action...I have never really thought about this but I think this would be great for the JV kids.
I think it would be a great thing to do for the JV teams in the 15th Region.I think the coaches should give this idea some serious thought.
It would be good for them. I know some of the 15th region teams have a "Freshmen League" they play in. There was a small article in the FCT in December which had their standings. I heard the JV (Freshmen) players at AC talking about a tourney the other night which had been postponed for the 3rd time this month.
Watched a good JV game between Prestonsburg & Paintsville last night. The jv Blackcats came out on top by 6 or 7.
I think a couple of years ago AC did host some sort of regional type tourney for freshmen and JV with most of the region teams participating but don't think it was an annual thing. I think a small tourny prior to districts would be a good learning experience for these young guys.
I think it would be an good idea
P-burg has a good JV team this year.
great idea, these kids need some exposure too. They work just as hard as the varsity, and some teams only play like 10 to 12 games
UnderArmour24 Wrote:P-burg has a good JV team this year.

P-burg is not that good. They have an excellent player in I believe #3 but it seems to me as though he has no help. If he had some help around him they would be pretty good! What is his name?
UK Fan14 Wrote:Watched a good JV game between Prestonsburg & Paintsville last night. The jv Blackcats came out on top by 6 or 7.

If they only beat Pville by 6 or 7 they aren't that good cause pville is horrible imo.
eaglehoops Wrote:If they only beat Pville by 6 or 7 they aren't that good cause pville is horrible imo.

The game was at Paintsville though so you know how that goes. They have also beat a good June Buchanan team away and a good Lawrence County team twice though.
I have to disagree. P-burg is a good JV team. They have beaten Lawrence County twice, JBS, Allen Central, and ect. This team will make a very good varsity team in a couple years. #3 is michael burchett and there are some other very good players on that team.
Pikeville has a very good JV team. They are basically the freshman team with two other players added.
Irish#1 Wrote:I have to disagree. P-burg is a good JV team. They have beaten Lawrence County twice, JBS, Allen Central, and ect. This team will make a very good varsity team in a couple years. #3 is michael burchett and there are some other very good players on that team.

Yeah they are a decent team. But that #3(thanks for the name) is an excellent player and a great shooter. Magoffin has beat them both games they have played though.
15thRegionX Wrote:Yeah they are a decent team. But that #3(thanks for the name) is an excellent player and a great shooter. Magoffin has beat them both games they have played though.

Pburg does have a pretty good JV and I thought Magoffin's JV played really good. They played hard and with a lot of desire. Not sure about Magoffin but Pburg's JV is all freshman and sophmores. Looks like both teams have a lot of talent to build on the next few years.
Johnny Fairplay Wrote:Pburg does have a pretty good JV and I thought Magoffin's JV played really good. They played hard and with a lot of desire. Not sure about Magoffin but Pburg's JV is all freshman and sophmores. Looks like both teams have a lot of talent to build on the next few years.

Magoffin's JV is pretty much Sophomores. Magoffin's sophomore class looks to be a great one when they all mature.
15thRegionX Wrote:Magoffin's JV is pretty much Sophomores. Magoffin's sophomore class looks to be a great one when they all mature.

I honestly think they will be a team to contend for the 57th crown.
Johnny Fairplay Wrote:I honestly think they will be a team to contend for the 57th crown.

When these sophomores are seniors look out for them. They have all the key ingredients. They have 4 or 5 good big men. 3 or 4 good Guards. If they all stick together lookout for them in a couple of years.
P-burg's JV team is all sophomores except #3 Burchett and Hall.
UnderArmour24 Wrote:The game was at Paintsville though so you know how that goes. They have also beat a good June Buchanan team away and a good Lawrence County team twice though.

I watchedthat game and it being at Paintsville had nothing to do with Pburg winning by 6-7, heck, they trailed til halfway through the 4th. Neither team is very good.
15thRegionX Wrote:When these sophomores are seniors look out for them. They have all the key ingredients. They have 4 or 5 good big men. 3 or 4 good Guards. If they all stick together lookout for them in a couple of years.

I agree Magoffins JV looks great this year!
Someone said Pikeville's JV finished unbeaten this year. WOW what a great season.
valley has a good jv team
AC defeated MC last night in JV.
gotcha2 Wrote:AC defeated MC last night in JV.

Magoffin's JV had to play a lot in Varsity. Their starting PG didn't even play and their best players were resting a lot saving their energy for varsity. AC does have a good JV team and it would have been an excellent game had Magoffin had all their players playing at 100%!
Magoffin's starting Point Guard did not play against AC.
eaglehoops Wrote:If they only beat Pville by 6 or 7 they aren't that good cause pville is horrible imo.
u got that right pville does not have a good JV team this year
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Pikeville has a very good JV team. They are basically the freshman team with two other players added.

I agree, very young and quick