Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bring Pitino home to the Big Blue Nation!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
we want rick:rockon:
never going to happen
Rick of 1996 maybe. Rick of 2007 not so much.

If this was home for him don't you think he would have stayed?

Not to mention there are a ton of coaches out there now that put Rick to shame that UK would take first.

Rick back to UK is the biggest joke ever. He's not coming back, no matter how bad some fans want him.
Simplest solution for this situation. (Love Rick, hate Tubby, don't like where UK is going)
BE A LOUISVILLE FAN.
Loyal Uk fans would never want to see that happen and neither would UofL fans.Louisville is in the process of building a new multi-million dollar state of the art basketball arena that will only increase their profit margin and fan base!!! I honestly think though that Rick would go back to Uk if the conditions were right and as Bob Barker says if "The price is Right".
rick would go back in a heartbeat but he wont have the chance
Do you think he has burned that bridge with the Uk administration or just the fan base?
cardsfan Wrote:Do you think he has burned that bridge with the Uk administration or just the fan base?

Both.
Given that the Wildcats are struggling so bad right now and Tubby can't or will not try to do better at recruiting what is going to happen after this season comes to a end?I know the Patterson kid has UK on his short list,but so is Duke and Florida.
no way...I agree that Pitino had the best thing going at the time. The '96 team was arguably the greatest team to ever step on the court. However, personally I have too much pride to bring him back here. I would rather him be here than Tubby, but given the circumstances that he left here, after lying to all the UK fans, leave him in Louisville. Personally I would love to see John Pelphrey at the helm. The KENTUCKY across the jersey means something to him. And I would bet the farm that if he is given the job, he'd stay there forever. And I believe that he would do an outstanding job there. No, UK gave Rick Pitino a great life, pretty much the keys to the state, and he threw us under a bunch of rocks so he could make a few million more(that he didnt need anyways) .... I truly think that Pelphrey is a born leader, and I believe these guys would bust their butts for him. He is a good recruiter, and would be a great fit in Lexington.
TidesHoss 32------I think Pelphrey would be a good choice. He is inexperienced compared to some--------but so was Donovan when he went to Florida. I definitely think he would stay LONG TERM! I also think he would be a better recruiter.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:TidesHoss 32------I think Pelphrey would be a good choice. He is inexperienced compared to some--------but so was Donovan when he went to Florida. I definitely think he would stay LONG TERM! I also think he would be a better recruiter.
:thumpsup:
No Pitino! Bring us MARK FEW!!!!!!
Im for Pelphry, he would make this team alot better than Tubby has tried to make them and players would play for Pelphry. I truly think thats the biggest problem with the current players, they dont like Tubbys style of play, hell who does, and thats why they arent playing the way they know they can. There are alot of coaches that have one way of playing and then they recruit players who play a different way and cant play any other way, i think coaches should compromise and try different styles of play. I know for sure that it happened at one school in east ky. I know I know, its a high school team im talking about and its a different level of play but that shouldnt matter. The coach always played a slow tempo style and they were decent with it, but when he got some certain player or players, he adapted a different style of play and the team flourished and had the best season the school has probably ever had, that I know of anyway.
How come nobody ever listens to me....ANDY KENNEDY!!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:no way...I agree that Pitino had the best thing going at the time. The '96 team was arguably the greatest team to ever step on the court. However, personally I have too much pride to bring him back here. I would rather him be here than Tubby, but given the circumstances that he left here, after lying to all the UK fans, leave him in Louisville. Personally I would love to see John Pelphrey at the helm. The KENTUCKY across the jersey means something to him. And I would bet the farm that if he is given the job, he'd stay there forever. And I believe that he would do an outstanding job there. No, UK gave Rick Pitino a great life, pretty much the keys to the state, and he threw us under a bunch of rocks so he could make a few million more(that he didnt need anyways) .... I truly think that Pelphrey is a born leader, and I believe these guys would bust their butts for him. He is a good recruiter, and would be a great fit in Lexington.

:Thumbs:
Few is a winner..I like somebody that has character, and that guy does.
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:No Pitino! Bring us MARK FEW!!!!!!
Hey TidesHoss32, check out this flash video that a friend of mine made about UK basketball. Great work and wishful thinking on his part. This guy is a UK grad and lives and dies with UK basketball, just like the rest of us in these parts, and up until last season was a huge Tubby supporter. Just glad the guy finally saw the light. This video is best viewed using DSL, but if you're using dial-up, let it load and then re-click the link to play again properly. It also has sound so turn up them speakers.
I loved the article that suggested that Pat Riley would be the new UK coach and bring in John Pelphrey as an assistant and groom him to take over when Riley left. Just think of it, Riley, who could get the top recruits in the nation, could rebuild the mess that Tubby created and maybe even be able to hang a banner or two and at the end of his 5 year contract have the program in excellent shape for Pelphrey to step in and take over. Makes perfect sense. Wish it could happen, and if not for the stubbornness in the UKAA, it could.
Kind of neat for you Tubby Bashers, but I didn't really understand the Barnhart being out part of it.
The guy made the video last fall...UK football was taking a beating after the Louisville game and fans were yelling for Brook's and Barnharts heads. Everything else about the current UK basketballmess is prognostication. I need to find out where he bought his crystal ball. He's good.
If Rick won't come, maybe there's another Pitino that would be glad to come and clean up the mess Tubby's created.
Yea this is never going to happen. I would be more than happy to bring him in though.
hey man that video is cool...hopefully the next one will have the "my head wasnt in the game" quote in it from Morris, lol
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Hey TidesHoss32, check out this flash video that a friend of mine made about UK basketball. Great work and wishful thinking on his part. This guy is a UK grad and lives and dies with UK basketball, just like the rest of us in these parts, and up until last season was a huge Tubby supporter. Just glad the guy finally saw the light. This video is best viewed using DSL, but if you're using dial-up, let it load and then re-click the link to play again properly. It also has sound so turn up them speakers.
I loved it!
That was awesome!!