Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How far will Shelby Valley go this season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have seen valley play every game this season. and i was jus wonderin how far does everyone feel that they will go this season
The bus will break down before it gets to Rupp.
state but thats its first round
They have a good chance at winning the first game at state. The 16th is a good region, but nothing compared to Lex and Lou. Shelby Valley has the athleticism to beat the 16th representative.
venom93 Wrote:The bus will break down before it gets to Rupp.

C'mon man show a little less jealousy than that.
well theyre going to more and likely play russell so it will be a good game
Has anyone thought that they might not make it? Not taking anything away from Valley what so ever, they are the odds on favorites, but anything can happen and its been proven in recent past, and I have a feeling that something big will happen this year again.
alfus21 Wrote:C'mon man show a little less jealousy than that.

No jealousy. You dont even know who I represent. Just an opinion that you aren't as good as you think. The bus BREAKS down. You can beat on any given night by a decent 15th region team.
venom93 Wrote:No jealousy. You dont even know who I represent. Just an opinion that you aren't as good as you think. The bus BREAKS down. You can beat on any given night by a decent 15th region team.

I'm not as good as I think? Smile What are you talking about? Either way, it seems you always have something against Shelby Valley and their fans. Over half of your posts this season have been about Shelby Valley, either in their losses, and even criticizing their pep section.
sportsfreak22 Wrote:state but thats its first round

If they make it to state, they have a better chance of winning the 1st round than they have in the past few years. Elliot or Russel are the favorites out of the 16th. They will give them a great game, and could easily advance if they remove the satisfaction of only making it to Rupp that they have had the past years. I realize they were the underdogs against the Lex and Lou teams they played in the past, and they played like they were satisfied with only playing one game. They have to eliminate their "we got here, were done" mentality". This goes to every team from the 15th.

But like I said, they have to make it to Rupp first.
SV has a very good chance of winning the 15th, Paintsville a good chance, Belfry, JC (on a good night), and maybe a couple of others a so so chance.

If SV does win the Region, they most likely would have to play Russell (which could be upset in their Region easily). But assuming SV wins the 15th and Russell wins the 16th, SV can play with Russell on a given night. But to beat Russell they would have to catch Russell on a bad night (which isn't as hard as it may sound). So I'll say best case scenario is 2nd round at Rupp. But they haven't even locked up the Region title yet though and so this is all just hypothetical.
For sure they are going to regionals! LOL!
alfus21 Wrote:I'm not as good as I think? Smile What are you talking about? Either way, it seems you always have something against Shelby Valley and their fans. Over half of your posts this season have been about Shelby Valley, either in their losses, and even criticizing their pep section.

You are a joke. All of your posts are for SV. You are the biggest 'homer" ever. SV WILL get beat in the region. Pep section doesn't win games. HO HO HO.
venom93 Wrote:You are a joke. All of your posts are for SV. You are the biggest 'homer" ever. SV WILL get beat in the region. Pep section doesn't win games. HO HO HO.

I do post about Shelby Valley, but I'm anything but a "homer". I post about other schools quite often and I never say "Shelby Valley will win region".

I'm glad you voiced your opinion and backed it up with your opinions on why other than "SV will get beat in region". Smile
I say second round of the region at most...They will draw a runner-up, beat them and someone will knock them off in the second round like Prestonsburg did a few years back when they were suppose to walk through the region...I dont think Paintsville will win either....The tournament is at a very very neutral site so I think we will be surprised when the champion is crowned....It will be someone unexpected
Region Finals. Then Paintsville ends the youngsters hopes and dreams.
"Region Finals. Then Paintsville ends the youngsters hopes and dreams."

Oooo... a lil harsh, don't ya think???
alfus21 Wrote:I do post about Shelby Valley, but I'm anything but a "homer". I post about other schools quite often and I never say "Shelby Valley will win region".

I'm glad you voiced your opinion and backed it up with your opinions on why other than "SV will get beat in region". Smile

I love how you laugh at other peoples opinions. I still stick to my opinion and say SV won't make it out if the region.
venom93 Wrote:I love how you laugh at other peoples opinions. I still stick to my opinion and say SV won't make it out if the region.

:thumpsup:
STATE 2ND ROUND -- The youngeters might not play all well at Rupp... That would be the only doubt that I have about them, if they get there... If JC plays hard, and gives it all they've got from here on out... They will be making it to the 2nd round. Mark my word, if they make it to state, they're going 2nd round.

IMO Paintsville won't get out of the region. They showed major weaknesses at the JC game.
venom93 Wrote:You are a joke. All of your posts are for SV. You are the biggest 'homer" ever. SV WILL get beat in the region. Pep section doesn't win games. HO HO HO.

Oh I guess your the guy who came up with basketball, since you think you know everything. You have no idea what your talking about so be quit cause ur embrassing yourself
But SV will more then likely make it to the 2nd round in rupp
Has the regional drawings been held yet? As of right now, no one knows if Shelby Valley will be the runner up or the winner in the 59th. I know they have the number 1 seed this year, but they also had the number 1 seed last year too. I personally think that the best draw will win the regional within reason. Shelby Valley has had a impressive season to date, but that doesnt mean they will win the regional tourney by far. When was the last time that the favorite to win the regions actually won it? The district this year should come down to Shelby Valley and Pikeville again. Once you get to the regionals, alot of it depends on the draw as to who will advance and who will go home.
venom93 Wrote:No jealousy. You dont even know who I represent. Just an opinion that you aren't as good as you think. The bus BREAKS down. You can beat on any given night by a decent 15th region team.

Looks like alot of jealousy to me.Your just mad becouse SV is BETTER than pikeville and if Sv will get beat out pikeville will get beat out before them considering that sv has beat pikeville every time they have faced each other this year.just grow up man.
SV could win the region.
If they win the region, or whoever wins the region they have a legit chance of winning a game or 2 at state.

I agree, anyone can get beat any given night. But funny thing to me is, that means Valley can win too. Seems you arent giving Valley any chance of winning.

I never said Valley was the best, but they have a better chance of winning region than any other team. Well them and Painstville. Im not saying no other team has a chance, Valley just has a better one. That is what sports is - you have the favorite and the underdog - most of the time the favorite wins, but sometimes the underdog wins. Valley could lose to David in the first round of district - its higly unprobable, but possible.

You spoke of people laughing at your opinion. Well I respect your opinion that Valley won't make it out of region. Maybe you should grow up and respect others' opinions as well.
i think SV will get to the end of their season.
fusion Wrote:I agree, anyone can get beat any given night. But funny thing to me is, that means Valley can win too. Seems you arent giving Valley any chance of winning.

I never said Valley was the best, but they have a better chance of winning region than any other team. Well them and Painstville. Im not saying no other team has a chance, Valley just has a better one. That is what sports is - you have the favorite and the underdog - most of the time the favorite wins, but sometimes the underdog wins. Valley could lose to David in the first round of district - its higly unprobable, but possible.

You spoke of people laughing at your opinion. Well I respect your opinion that Valley won't make it out of region. Maybe you should grow up and respect others' opinions as well.

nice post!
Buckeyex7x Wrote:i think SV will get to the end of their season.

:1:
Pages: 1 2