Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Another Calipari choke job.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Such a disgusting game.
Screwed by refs in the first half.
Then horrible coaching down the stretch just like every other year.

Bye to the 14 players leaving.
Let's start again with 14 new 18 year olds that will lose in the sweet 16.
This is what happens when you go and get one and done's and discourage kids staying for 3 or 4 years. All that talent in the NBA and only one title to show for it.
I usually agree with you RIUTG. But this time I believe you are wrong about Cal losing it for us in the second half. What exactly do you think he should have changed to win us the game?

And the part about losing players and replacing them, he's done this his entire career at U.K. And he's done pretty well with his system here.
Spud6 Wrote:I usually agree with you RIUTG. But this time I believe you are wrong about Cal losing it for us in the second half. What exactly do you think he should have changed to win us the game?

And the part about losing players and replacing them, he's done this his entire career at U.K. And he's done pretty well with his system here.

He had a senior led team the year he won the national championship. He hasn't been to the national championship game since then and honestly he probably won't be unless he stops with shoving the he great players out the door to the NBA. That's the one thing I hate about him.
Spud6 Wrote:I usually agree with you RIUTG. But this time I believe you are wrong about Cal losing it for us in the second half. What exactly do you think he should have changed to win us the game?

For the first time in his life, Humphries grew a pair. Been waiting for it all year.
He played phenomenal in that second half.
With him in we are up 6 or 7 with 6 minutes left. Cal puts back in Willis for Humphries and it cost us the game. Carolinas big cleared space for their guards and within two minutes we were down 6 or 7.
This nonsense of bullying your way into the paint isn't working. They aren't calling the fouls on it. Several times tonight Briscoe and Fox did that and it more or less resulted in a turnover.

I will admit that the officiating was horrid in the first half. With 3 starters in the bench we were lucky to be in the game the last 10 minutes of the first half, but I think that just goes to show how much better we actually were than UNCheat.

Either way, Cal got his title with a phenom and upperclassmen. I don't see him having it again.

It's ridicolous to ask, as the pundits say, but this is UK. A title once in 8 years while getting paid 8 million a year isn't enough IMO.
Strikeout King Wrote:He had a senior led team the year he won the national championship. He hasn't been to the national championship game since then and honestly he probably won't be unless he stops with shoving the he great players out the door to the NBA. That's the one thing I hate about him.

He did go to the title game in 14 against uconn in what should have been a cake game but as we all know, Cal can't game plan a defense. He let kemba walker do the same thing to us that he did to every team. He didn't force someone else to beat us
I understand it is an NBA rule, but Cal has lived and died on the one and done. Maybe it is time to try stay and play.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I understand it is an NBA rule, but Cal has lived and died on the one and done. Maybe it is time to try stay and play.

That Is where the conundrum comes into play.

It would be stupid not to go after the best players, especially when you can get them. EVERYBODY recruits the guys were getting.
The problem always has been the NBAPA. The players are too greedy.

The solution that would benefit UK the most would be for the rules to change from 1 year to 3 years. We'd still get the best of the best but theyd be forced to stay.

Unfortunately I believe all of this is for nothing in the near future. Players like the hayes kid at Wisconsin don't understand theyre already getting paid to play and I think they'll eventually win there cases against the NCAA for pay.
I cant understand how these kids don't understand that theyre essentially getting paid 100k for going to college. That scholarship is extremely valuable.
On the flip side of that, I have no problem with each player getting 5k to 10k a year to live off of, but I have a feeling this is going to explode in the next year or two.
Bam Adebayo has the worst set of "hands" in history of UK basketball! I have watched him fumble post entry passes all season! If he had just average "hands" he would have averaged 3 more rebounds a game!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Such a disgusting game.
Screwed by refs in the first half.
Then horrible coaching down the stretch just like every other year.

Bye to the 14 players leaving.
Let's start again with 14 new 18 year olds that will lose in the sweet 16.
I agree. This is going to be UK basketball for the foreseeable future. Hanging those sweet 16 and elite 8 banners is getting old. Yeah that may seem greedy too say but with the talent that's came through this school over the last 5-7 years this is ridiculous. I also agree without an upperclassmen heavy team this will just continue. I've been slammed for saying this but I guess people are satisfied with these finishes. Refs was bad, but his in game coaching has people scratching their heads also
Cal has been to four final fours and two national championships where won one of those. How do we complain about that? Other programs are lucky enough to make the elite eight.

And also during that stretch where UNC took a nice run and got the lead, did Bam not have a missed catch that would have resulted in a dunk or at least foul opportunity.
Until they get rid of the the ones and dones UK won't get another championship
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That Is where the conundrum comes into play.

It would be stupid not to go after the best players, especially when you can get them. EVERYBODY recruits the guys were getting.
The problem always has been the NBAPA. The players are too greedy.

The solution that would benefit UK the most would be for the rules to change from 1 year to 3 years. We'd still get the best of the best but theyd be forced to stay.

Unfortunately I believe all of this is for nothing in the near future. Players like the hayes kid at Wisconsin don't understand theyre already getting paid to play and I think they'll eventually win there cases against the NCAA for pay.
I cant understand how these kids don't understand that theyre essentially getting paid 100k for going to college. That scholarship is extremely valuable.
On the flip side of that, I have no problem with each player getting 5k to 10k a year to live off of, but I have a feeling this is going to explode in the next year or two.

That solution you are proposing is selfish for us as spectators. Let's say your child has the opportunity to play at U.K., Duke, or UNC knowing he will be a one and done. Would you want him to be forced to stay three years with the chance of having a career ending injury when he could've made millions and took care of himself and possibly the whole family doing something he loves?
I completely disagree with most of the freezing cold takes I'm seeing here, but I'm also not surprised to see them. The majority of the fan base disappears during the good times, but comes crawling out of the depths to let their voices be heard in the hard times. (Even though, this isn't hard times)

Coach Cal has put Kentucky in position to win a title in 6/8 years. With the exception of 2013 & 2016 Kentucky has been to at least the Elite 8 in 6 years out of 8. We have been to the Final Four in half of the years he has been here. That is incredible, and something that no other team is doing.

There is a lot of parity in college basketball. Coach K has won 5 titles in 40 years. That's 1 every 8 years. Dean Smith won 2 titles in nearly 40 years at UNC. Pitino has won 2 titles in his entire career. Adolph Rupp won 4 titles in 42 years at Kentucky. Contrary to BGR opinion, winning a title is hard. Ridiculous and quite frankly stupid to say 1 title in 8 years isn't enough.

We lost on a last second shot to a #1 seed full of players that were hungry for redemption from a loss to us earlier this season and to Villanova in the title game last year.

If this is going to be Kentucky Basketball for the foreseeable future, then I'm ok with that, along with the majority of the fan base. You're not going to go to the Final Four half the time with any other coach. Don't like it? Move along. Coach Cal and Kentucky don't owe you anything more than what you're getting, and he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not sure where this entitlement came from when we've only won 8 titles since 1948.

And why do you all keep saying the 2012 team was full of Seniors/Upperclassmen? There was 1 senior contributor (Miller who was the 6th leading scorer). The team started 3 freshmen, and the top 5 scorers on the team were freshmen/sophomores.
Spud6 Wrote:That solution you are proposing is selfish for us as spectators. Let's say your child has the opportunity to play at U.K., Duke, or UNC knowing he will be a one and done. Would you want him to be forced to stay three years with the chance of having a career ending injury when he could've made millions and took care of himself and possibly the whole family doing something he loves?

They don't care. They think Kentucky Basketball owes them something, even though the majority of them have never attended UK or given a dime to the University.
Demarcus ware Wrote:I agree. This is going to be UK basketball for the foreseeable future. Hanging those sweet 16 and elite 8 banners is getting old. Yeah that may seem greedy too say but with the talent that's came through this school over the last 5-7 years this is ridiculous. I also agree without an upperclassmen heavy team this will just continue. I've been slammed for saying this but I guess people are satisfied with these finishes. Refs was bad, but his in game coaching has people scratching their heads also

Demarcus,

Kentucky doesn't hang banners for Sweet 16 and Elite 8. Only Final Fours and above.
I thought there were a lot of stupid threads in the football forum, but this one now ranks #1.
Strikeout King Wrote:He had a senior led team the year he won the national championship. He hasn't been to the national championship game since then and honestly he probably won't be unless he stops with shoving the he great players out the door to the NBA. That's the one thing I hate about him.

Please name all those Seniors that helped win the title in 2012. It won't take long. There was 1.
Motley Wrote:They don't care. They think Kentucky Basketball owes them something, even though the majority of them have never attended UK or given a dime to the University.

Are you saying the players don't care? If you honestly think that, go watch Bam and Fox's interviews after the game.
Motley Wrote:I completely disagree with most of the freezing cold takes I'm seeing here, but I'm also not surprised to see them. The majority of the fan base disappears during the good times, but comes crawling out of the depths to let their voices be heard in the hard times. (Even though, this isn't hard times)

Coach Cal has put Kentucky in position to win a title in 6/8 years. With the exception of 2013 & 2016 Kentucky has been to at least the Elite 8 in 6 years out of 8. We have been to the Final Four in half of the years he has been here. That is incredible, and something that no other team is doing.

There is a lot of parity in college basketball. Coach K has won 5 titles in 40 years. That's 1 every 8 years. Dean Smith won 2 titles in nearly 40 years at UNC. Pitino has won 2 titles in his entire career. Adolph Rupp won 4 titles in 42 years at Kentucky. Contrary to BGR opinion, winning a title is hard. Ridiculous and quite frankly stupid to say 1 title in 8 years isn't enough.

We lost on a last second shot to a #1 seed full of players that were hungry for redemption from a loss to us earlier this season and to Villanova in the title game last year.

If this is going to be Kentucky Basketball for the foreseeable future, then I'm ok with that, along with the majority of the fan base. You're not going to go to the Final Four half the time with any other coach. Don't like it? Move along. Coach Cal and Kentucky don't owe you anything more than what you're getting, and he isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I'm not sure where this entitlement came from when we've only won 8 titles since 1948.

And why do you all keep saying the 2012 team was full of Seniors/Upperclassmen? There was 1 senior contributor (Miller who was the 6th leading scorer). The team started 3 freshmen, and the top 5 scorers on the team were freshmen/sophomores.

Thank you!
Spud6 Wrote:That solution you are proposing is selfish for us as spectators. Let's say your child has the opportunity to play at U.K., Duke, or UNC knowing he will be a one and done. Would you want him to be forced to stay three years with the chance of having a career ending injury when he could've made millions and took care of himself and possibly the whole family doing something he loves?

We're kentucky. We're never supposed to be satisfied. Like it or not, Cal has grossly underacheived.
Motley Wrote:They don't care. They think Kentucky Basketball owes them something, even though the majority of them have never attended UK or given a dime to the University.

We know we know. You wash caliparis and KSR's jockstrap.
Call us a fringe part of the fan base if you want, a quick look at all message boards and rivals will tell you the majority thinks Cal has underacheived.
Spud6 Wrote:Are you saying the players don't care? If you honestly think that, go watch Bam and Fox's interviews after the game.

He's talking about posters critical of cal.

As long as a public university that receives state dollars and pays a coach 8 million a year, we have every right to be critical of anything we want.
Axel Foley Wrote:Demarcus,

Kentucky doesn't hang banners for Sweet 16 and Elite 8. Only Final Fours and above.
Glad you caught the sarcasm :Shaking:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We know we know. You wash caliparis and KSR's jockstrap.
Call us a fringe part of the fan base if you want, a quick look at all message boards and rivals will tell you the majority thinks Cal has underacheived.
And all other previous UK coaches.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We know we know. You wash caliparis and KSR's jockstrap.

We know, we know. You're out of your league when it comes to talking basketball.

Trolls on message boards make up a small portion of the fan base. If you believe the psychos on Rupp Rafters represent the fan base then you're more delusional than I thought. You are the loud minority. Only a fool would think underachieving is going to a final four 50% of the time, and at least the Elite 8 6/8 years.

*By the way, I loathe KSR, and am blocked by Matt Jones on Twitter so I'm not sure where that nugget of information came from.
Motley Wrote:We know, we know. You're out of your league when it comes to talking basketball.

Trolls on message boards make up a small portion of the fan base. If you believe the psychos on Rupp Rafters represent the fan base then you're more delusional than I thought. You are the loud minority. Only a fool would think underachieving is going to a final four 50% of the time, and at least the Elite 8 6/8 years.

*By the way, I loathe KSR, and am blocked by Matt Jones on Twitter so I'm not sure where that nugget of information came from.

Should a coach that gets 3 sure fire lottery picks on a yearly basis not have more than one title in 8 years?
If you think the majority of UK fans think like you, then you are as delusional as when you kept telling me about Hillary and her polls :biglmao:

No need to explain yourself.
We all know UK and Cal never do anything wrong, every player is an all star, and you are the voice of reason.
We thank you for your service.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Should a coach that gets 3 sure fire lottery picks on a yearly basis not have more than one title in 8 years?
If you think the majority of UK fans think like you, then you are as delusional as when you kept telling me about Hillary and her polls :biglmao:

No need to explain yourself.
We all know UK and Cal never do anything wrong, every player is an all star, and you are the voice of reason.
We thank you for your service.

This coming from the person that said the following over Karl Towns, and has had the many other of the worst takes I've ever seen regarding college basketball. I can keep going if you want.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im really not getting the over hyping of Towns.
Hes a good player no doubt. Has the body to be an NBA player, but he hasn't been a top 5 player on this team going all the way back to the Bahamas.

He just hasn't shown me anything

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Dead serious. He looks soft. Almost Wiltjer like.

I know he has it in him, but you have to understand the hype surrounding this kid. Some are saying he should be a top 3 pick in the draft, and im not sure I would pick him over three players on this UK team.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im telling you right now, Towns does not look good. Im surprised your talking garbage after that horrible showing tonight.

I say start Lyles over Towns

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If I were the coach, he never would of made the first playoon anyways. I wouldn't have to bench him. The kid is overrated. I would have rather had the Duke kid

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would start Lyles over Townes. No question. Lyles can shoot it from anywhere. Townes struggles with put backs.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That's just it, I don't hate Towns. I hope he puts up 50 and 30 a game. Your confusing criticism for hating.
Lyles had an off night, but regardless he has shown more promise than Towns so far.

You do realize there saying Towns is a lottery pick right? Top 3 on most draft boards. How is that even possible? Explain that one to me. If you were an NBA exec would you even take Towns over WCS right now? I didn't think so.

The only fool I see is a guy named after a glamour hair band. And whats this football you speak of? UK has a football team?
Motley Wrote:This coming from the person that said the following over Karl Towns, and has had the many other of the worst takes I've ever seen regarding college basketball. I can keep going if you want.

Oh wise one please keep filling us up with your ultimate wisdom.
We are so blessed to be within your presence.
I know this is the 5th time you've brought up KAT whos been gone for 3 years, (and was playing like complete garbage when i posted that) but please master prognosticator, don't stop.
I can feel the warmth off of your aura.
Pages: 1 2 3