Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Has anone ever had an easier road to the final four than gonzaga?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This years tournament is ridiculous in the parity factor.
That entire side of the bracket was complete garbage.

Gonzagas run proves it.
They've beat a 16, 8, 4, and 11.

They will likely face a 4 or 7 seed in the final 4.

Meanwhile UK has to go threw an in stat school, a 30 win Wichita team, a UCLA team that had already beaten them at home, a North Carolina team they needed 47 from Monk in to win, and likely a Kansas team who is the best team in the country and already beat them.

The NCAA HAS to stop scheduling this tourneys based on regions. If your strength give you a 3 seed in the west bracket playing in Pheonix, then send Kentucky there. But stop with this garbage of being so greedy that you want the match ups that will generate the most viewers and most fans at the game.

Hopefully Fla/SCAR kill em.
I honestly believe that TV sets the brackets, they try to set matchups that will draw the biggest Rateings.
Yeah Loserville and they choked to Michigan
First...
16, 8, 4 is the hardest road any No. 1 seed can have in the first three rounds. That's not subjective, that's mathematics.

The two seed, Arizona, lost to Xavier giving them the first possibly "easier" game the entire tournament. But if Arizona would have won, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, because Gonzaga already beat them earlier in the year.

Once you get to the Sweet 16, you're either playing top-20 teams or teams that were capable of taking down a top team. No easy games from there on.

Gonzaga was leading UNC late in the championship game. They were as much a contender as ANYONE in the field.
I honestly think Gonzaga was one of the most well-rounded teams in college basketball. Great shooters, drivers, and big men. But tonight against UNC big fella from Poland just flat out laid an egg. Was never in a ryhthem all game and seemed like he didn't want the ball.

Just to add, this was the least I have ever enjoyed a national championship. The refs just totally took players out of rhythm all game long and it was a struggle to stay tuned into it.
zaga_fan Wrote:First...
16, 8, 4 is the hardest road any No. 1 seed can have in the first three rounds. That's not subjective, that's mathematics.

The two seed, Arizona, lost to Xavier giving them the first possibly "easier" game the entire tournament. But if Arizona would have won, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, because Gonzaga already beat them earlier in the year.

Once you get to the Sweet 16, you're either playing top-20 teams or teams that were capable of taking down a top team. No easy games from there on.

Gonzaga was leading UNC late in the championship game. They were as much a contender as ANYONE in the field.

This goes much further than seeding numbers.
The selection committee once again made this tourney a made for TV event.
As for them hanging with UNC, its as I said 3 weeks ago. Anybody can hang with anyone for one game. Gonzaga did not deserve to be there.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This goes much further than seeding numbers.
The selection committee once again made this tourney a made for TV event.
As for them hanging with UNC, its as I said 3 weeks ago. Anybody can hang with anyone for one game. Gonzaga did not deserve to be there.

Who do you think deserved to be there?
2011 Kansas
16, 9,12,11