Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brand Split - WrestleMania III through WrestleMania VIII
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1987-1992 is my favorite WWF era. The best PPV's, the best characters (not talent).... it was just better then. I really don't wanna have the discussion of what era is better or roster vs. roster... but I do want to discuss how awesome a Brand Split would have been for the talent on the 1987-1992 roster.

I get we would have to have Split TV programming for this to have worked, but IMO, it would have been possible for this time period. Having two of every champion would have been awesome. The PPV matches we could have saw would have been epic and several other deserving wrestlers would have a title reign. The wrestlers listed below (Face or Heel) are, IMO, would have been the best character for a title reign.

A Champion vs. Champion WrestleMania VIII Main Event... 'Face' Hogan vs. "Heel' Flair... Title for Title would be the biggest single 'Draw' on the Planet. That would have been the highest bought PPV ever and they would have needed a bigger arena than the Hoosier Dome.

Face Champions: Any Singles Belt
Hulk Hogan
Ultimate Warrior
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
Jim Duggan
Big Boss Man
Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat
Hillbilly Jim
JYD
Tito Santana
Dusty Rhodes
Koko B. Ware
Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake
The Texas Tornado

Heel Champions: Any Singles Belt
Andre 'The Giant'
Rick Rude
Ted DiBiase
The Undertaker
Mr. Perfect
The Mountie
Ric Flair
Sgt. Slaughter
Randy Savage
Honky Tonk Man
Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
Big John Studd
King Kong Bundy
Bam Bam Bigelow
Rick 'The Model' Martel
Akeem
Nikolai Volkoff

The Tag Team division, IMO, would have been hard to 'Book' because there wasn't as many true Tag Teams during this time, but we would have got to see The L.O.D. and Demolition as champions at the same time.

Legion of Doom
Demolition
The Killer B's
The Hart Foundation
The Nasty Boys
The Bushwhackers
The British Bulldogs
The Rockers
Strike Force
Power & Glory
Rhythm & Blues
Money Inc.

Only having 4 or 5 PPV's a year in this time period and building everything up on two weekly TV programs that pitted Brand v. Brand would have been unbelievable.