Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowling Green 67 Cooper 56 (Sweet 16 State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Purples vs. The Jaguars.... Region 4 vs. Region 9..... Bowling Green vs. NKY.

Cooper: 31-4
Bowling Green: 35-2

No matter who wins, we will have a first time State Champion.

Game will be @ 2:00Pm tomorrow at Rupp Arena.

#TheGreatestShowInHoops
Region 4's last state championship team - 2004; Warren Central.

Region 9's last state championship team - 2014; Covington Catholic.
If Bowling Green wins, they will have won the Class 5A state football championship and the Boys Sweet 16 State Championship in the same school year.
Is Cooper a recent consolidated school?
Should be a good one!
The Purples​ were lucky to get by a very good Scott team. The Ohmer kid is a stud. I think he​ will have several offers coming very soon. Cooper is playing their best basketball of the season right now. Very good defensive team. It should be a dogfight. I will take the Purples in a close one 58-55.
10-5, Bowling Green leads at the first media timeout in the 1st qtr.
I love the Public Address announcer for the Sweet 16.... GOAL BY ____________

He has the best voice, ever!!!!
End 1st qtr.

Bowling Green leads 16-11.
How's the crowd?
Score?
5:15 left in the 3rd qtr.

36-25, Bowling Green.
43-30, Bowling Green.

1 minute left in the 3rd qtr.
45-33, Bowling Green.

End of the 3rd qtr.
52-43, Bowling Green.

Around 4 minutes to go in the game.
54-43

2:57 left in the game.
60-43, Bowling Green.

1:46 left in the game.
Mass subs for both teams
65-52, Bowling Green. About 38 seconds left.
Final. 67-56

The Bowling Green Purples are your 2017 Boys Sweet 16 State Champions!!!!

Bowling Green finishes their season at 36-2.
The Class 5A state football championship and the Boys Sweet 16 State Tournament championship in the same season.... it's been a long time since a non-Louisville/non-Lexington, non-Private school has done that.
Great game by both teams. Bowling Green is in the middle of the greatest decade ever for Purple team sports. Looking forward to the next few years.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:How's the crowd?
The official attendance was 11,346.
I posted in Sweet Sixteen Preductions before it ever started. That Cooper would shock the world. And they came close. All I heard was talk of teams south of N Ky. So I guess Cooper settled that!!!
N Ky Scott had Bowling Green beat in semi-final. If that kid doesn't try to drive the ball. Rather than pull it out. And get the ball into their best players hands. Bowling Green had NO answer for him. They win. If Cooper pressured and attacked in the 1st half they did in the second half. They might have beat Bowling Green. Two N Ky tesms in final 4. Northern Kentucky basketball stands proud.
Congrats Purple.
Zion Harmon is a stud as an 8th grader. Bowling Green may have a couple more state championships in the next 4 years.
Bowling Green will be very good the next few years also.
Is it true the freshman for BG came from TN. because 8th graders can't play varsity in TN and he will be returning to Brentwood Academy TN after this year?
Yes it true he come from Tennessee. I say he go to oak hill after next couple years.
Pages: 1 2