Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Has Donald already Made America Great
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
With less than 2 months in office and 4 golf trips has Donald already Made America Great?
Donald now believes the unemployment numbers are real now Campaign Donald said they was a hoax
He said he inherited a mess
But he has now took his 4th golfing trip
A mess looks something like this

January 2009 – 818,000 jobs lost
February 2009 – 724,000 jobs lost
March 2009 – 799,000 jobs lost
April 2009 – 692,000 jobs lost
May 2009 – 361,000 jobs lost
June 2009 – 482,000 jobs lost
July 2009 – 339,000 jobs lost
August 2009 – 222,000 jobs lost
September 2009 – 199,000 jobs lost
October 2009 – 202,000 jobs lost[3]
November 2009 - 64,000 jobs created[4]
December 2009 - 109,000 jobs lost[4]

March 2009 Dow 6342 points
Jan 20th 2017 Dow 19732 points
vector Wrote:With less than 2 months in office and 4 golf trips has Donald already Made America Great?
Donald now believes the unemployment numbers are real now Campaign Donald said they was a hoax
He said he inherited a mess

No, he INHERITED millions of dollars from daddy.

We have ELECTED a mess.
^^ LOL, I guess there's a good reason why not just anybody could be a financial advisor.

On Friday Nov 4 preceding the demise of Hillary Clinton's Presidential aspirations, the Dow Jones average was 17,888. By the following Thursday morning the Dow Jones average OPENED at 18,668, nearly a 1,000 point gain for the first full day of trading following the election. And of course now we're bouncing off the 21,000 mark.

For some reason which escapes me, vector cites the abysmal financial data from the first year of the Obama Administration, evidently not realizing how dramatic an improvement DJT's numbers have been. And Gitback is high fiving with him about it. :hilarious:
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ LOL, I guess there's a good reason why not just anybody could be a financial advisor.

On Friday Nov 4 preceding the demise of Hillary Clinton's Presidential aspirations, the Dow Jones average was 17,888. By the following Thursday morning the Dow Jones average OPENED at 18,668, nearly a 1,000 point gain for the first full day of trading following the election. And of course now we're bouncing off the 21,000 mark.

For some reason which escapes me, vector cites the abysmal financial data from the first year of the Obama Administration, evidently not realizing how dramatic an improvement DJT's numbers have been. And Gitback is high fiving with him about it. :hilarious:

Are the numbers false ?
vector Wrote:Are the numbers false ?

The jobs loss numbers were from your hero's administration, or did you not realize Obama was President in 2009? But that is the kind of political dodge ball libs like to play, they want to stick Bush with all those job loss numbers even though they occurred on Obama's watch. Now after Obama is gone, you want to claim the 3,000 DJ rise for him even though it occurred after DJT was elected.

I'll give you 18,000 on the Dow Jones, but everything after that is attributable to DJT's election victory.
If the stock market is a good measure of the economy, then Obama did a bang up job with the economy. It isn't and he didn't. The stock market boomed under Obama, but the labor participation rate plunged, wage rates dropped, and the number of people working multiple part time jobs soared.

It is ridiculous to give credit or blame to Trump for changing the economy less than two months after he took office. So far, what Trump's election has done has been to restore confidence in our economy among business owners and working people.

If Trump and Ryan continue to push Obamacare-lite instead of repealing Obamacare, as he promised, and if Trump continues to attempt to bully conservatives into supporting Obamacare-lite, he will pay a heavy political price in 2018.

Trump had the votes and public support to repeal Obamacare and instead he is burning through political capital by pushing Obamacare reform for no good reason.
TheRealThing Wrote:The jobs loss numbers were from your hero's administration, or did you not realize Obama was President in 2009? But that is the kind of political dodge ball libs like to play, they want to stick Bush with all those job loss numbers even though they occurred on Obama's watch. Now after Obama is gone, you want to claim the 3,000 DJ rise for him even though it occurred after DJT was elected.

I'll give you 18,000 on the Dow Jones, but everything after that is attributable to DJT's election victory.

Lol did you even read the post or are so Hypocritical about Donald
Donald said he inherited a mess that's why I posted the job numbers that Under Obama's first year that's what I call a mess
Donald has probably inherited the best situation on the economy than any other president in my lifetime and I have been around since Kennedy
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If the stock market is a good measure of the economy, then Obama did a bang up job with the economy. It isn't and he didn't. The stock market boomed under Obama, but the labor participation rate plunged, wage rates dropped, and the number of people working multiple part time jobs soared.

It is ridiculous to give credit or blame to Trump for changing the economy less than two months after he took office. So far, what Trump's election has done has been to restore confidence in our economy among business owners and working people.

If Trump and Ryan continue to push Obamacare-lite instead of repealing Obamacare, as he promised, and if Trump continues to attempt to bully conservatives into supporting Obamacare-lite, he will pay a heavy political price in 2018.

Trump had the votes and public support to repeal Obamacare and instead he is burning through political capital by pushing Obamacare reform for no good reason.

I don't think you understand the people who benefited the most from Obamacare is Donald's voters and we are in Donald's territory Ky,Wv,Ohio,Indiana and Tennessee and all the south here a post from Donald

We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said.

“There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.” People covered under the law “can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better.”
– Excerpt from Washington Post interview with Donald Trump, published yesterday, Sunday the 15th of January, 2017.

Scott Pelley: Universal health care?

Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.

Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?

Donald Trump: They’re going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably–

Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

Donald Trump: –the government’s gonna pay for it.

But can you believe Donald?
vector Wrote:Lol did you even read the post or are so Hypocritical about Donald
Donald said he inherited a mess that's why I posted the job numbers that Under Obama's first year that's what I call a mess
Donald has probably inherited the best situation on the economy than any other president in my lifetime and I have been around since Kennedy

Doesn't change what I said one iota. Better than the economy Bill Clinton inherited? :please:

The US taxpayer owes 20 Trillion dollars. The total GNP for 2016 was 17.9 trillion dollars. You can call that good if you want, but if you try to run your household budget at a similar shortfall, (10%), you'll find yourself out on the curb in a few short years. Same thing is true for the national economy.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If the stock market is a good measure of the economy, then Obama did a bang up job with the economy. It isn't and he didn't. The stock market boomed under Obama, but the labor participation rate plunged, wage rates dropped, and the number of people working multiple part time jobs soared.

Thanks captain obvious, I was just keeping the conversation within the parameters vector set up.
TheRealThing Wrote:Doesn't change what I said one iota. Better than the economy Bill Clinton inherited? :please:

The US taxpayer owes 20 Trillion dollars. The total GNP for 2016 was 17.9 trillion dollars. You can call that good if you want, but if you try to run your household budget at a similar shortfall, (10%), you'll find yourself out on the curb in a few short years. Same thing is true for the national economy.

Donald's plan is to cut tax revenues by 25%
Build a multi billion dollar wall
Increase military spending 54 billion
Spend a trillion on infrastructure
And provide health care for everyone
All I got to say is I fill sorry for the next president who has to follow him
History does repeat itself
TheRealThing Wrote:Thanks captain obvious, I was just keeping the conversation within the parameters vector set up.

All I was saying about the stock market and jobs numbers was it wasn't that long ago Donald said the real unemployment was 30% and you know this is one of his favorite sayings I heard it from somewhere it was actually 40%
And I don't judge the stock market with the economy but all that aside I have made a small fortune the last 8 years in the market

And by the way it's been 8 days now and NO EVIDENCE OF OBAMAGATE
TheRealThing Wrote:Thanks captain obvious, I was just keeping the conversation within the parameters vector set up.
Still in the cult, I see. You and the Mexican Hat have driven most other users off of this forum with your constant exchange of childish insults. Have fun with your liberal debating buddy. You two deserve one another. Confusednicker:
vector Wrote:All I was saying about the stock market and jobs numbers was it wasn't that long ago Donald said the real unemployment was 30% and you know this is one of his favorite sayings I heard it from somewhere it was actually 40%
And I don't judge the stock market with the economy but all that aside I have made a small fortune the last 8 years in the market

And by the way it's been 8 days now and NO EVIDENCE OF OBAMAGATE
That insult was not intended for you. It was intended for a conservative.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Still in the cult, I see. You and the Mexican Hat have driven most other users off of this forum with your constant exchange of childish insults. Have fun with your liberal debating buddy. You two deserve one another. Confusednicker:

Well, what can I say, you got me that time. Whereas you on the other hand are the class of the site. You never cuss anybody out, or call anybody vulgar names, or call into question anybody's intellectual state. And everything you say comes to pass, it's incredible! I mean, who could ever forget the accuracy percentage of your many predictions about how badly Trump was screwing up and how badly he would lose the election? What is it now that the light of history has shed it's exposing rays on that percentage? Zero?

Still in all though, I'd rather suffer the incoming of your causticisms, than in getting mad and publicly leaving the site . Over and over again. :biggrin:
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, what can I say, you got me that time. Whereas you on the other hand are the class of the site. You never cuss anybody out, or call anybody vulgar names, or call into question anybody's intellectual state. And everything you say comes to pass, it's incredible! I mean, who could ever forget the accuracy percentage of your many predictions about how badly Trump was screwing up and how badly he would lose the election? What is it now that the light of history has shed it's exposing rays on that percentage? Zero?

Still in all though, I'd rather suffer the incoming of your causticisms, than in getting mad and publicly leaving the site . Over and over again. :biggrin:
Same old TRT. You've lost nearly all of your audience and you continue to insult the few people who still bother to visit this forum. Sad.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Same old TRT. You've lost nearly all of your audience and you continue to insult the few people who still bother to visit this forum. Sad.

Ouch, now that hurt! You know I hang on every word you write on here, you're going to have to take it easy on me. :biglmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Still in the cult, I see. You and the Mexican Hat have driven most other users off of this forum with your constant exchange of childish insults. Have fun with your liberal debating buddy. You two deserve one another. Confusednicker:

I would suggest, HG, that but a few posters were on here when I got here, and that, at least on my part, it is only in exchanges with TRT that I engage in insults, and we sort of tongue-in-cheek it, and nothing over-the-top horrendous.
TheRealThing Wrote:Doesn't change what I said one iota. Better than the economy Bill Clinton inherited? :please:.

Many observers have blamed Bush's defeat on his reneging on his 1988 campaign pledge to refrain from raising taxes. However, the most important factor in Bush's defeat was discontent with the state of the nation's economy. The sluggish recovery from the 1990-91 recession created an anti-incumbency mood that Bush proved unable to overcome. The importance of economic conditions in the 1992 presidential election was famously summed up by Clinton campaign adviser James Carville's quip that "it's the economy, stupid."
The recession of the early 1990s lasted from July 1990 to March 1991. It was the largest recession since that of the early 1980s and contributed to George H.W. Bush's re-election defeat in 1992. Although mainly attributable to the workings of the business cycle and restrictive monetary policy, the 1990-91 recession demonstrated the growing importance of financial markets to the American and world economies.

DESCRIPTION:

From November 1982 to July 1990 the U.S. economy experienced robust growth, modest unemployment, and low inflation. The "Reagan boom" rested on shaky foundations, however, and as the 1980s progressed signs of trouble began to mount. On October 19, 1987 stock markets around the world crashed. In the U.S. the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost over 22% of its value. Although the causes of "Black Monday" were complex, many saw the crash as a sign that investors were worried about the inflation that might result from large U.S. budget deficits. The American housing market presented another sign of weakness, as in the second half of the 1980s a large number of savings and loan associations (private banks that specialized in home mortgages) went bankrupt. The collapse of the S&L industry negatively impacted the welfare of many American households and precipitated a large government bailout that placed further strain on the budget.

Although the 1987 stock market crash and the S&L crisis were separate phenomena, they demonstrated the growing importance of financial markets—and associated public and private sector debt—to the workings of the American economy. Other causes of the early 1990s recession included moves by the U.S. Federal Reserve to raise interest rates in the late 1980s and Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in the summer of 1990. The latter drove up the world price of oil, decreased consumer confidence, and exacerbated the downturn that was already underway.

Yes Donald has inherited the best economy of any other president in my lifetime
9 days and still no proof of obamagate
vector Wrote:Many observers have blamed Bush's defeat on his reneging on his 1988 campaign pledge to refrain from raising taxes. However, the most important factor in Bush's defeat was discontent with the state of the nation's economy. The sluggish recovery from the 1990-91 recession created an anti-incumbency mood that Bush proved unable to overcome. The importance of economic conditions in the 1992 presidential election was famously summed up by Clinton campaign adviser James Carville's quip that "it's the economy, stupid."The recession of the early 1990s lasted from July 1990 to March 1991. It was the largest recession since that of the early 1980s and contributed to George H.W. Bush's re-election defeat in 1992. Although mainly attributable to the workings of the business cycle and restrictive monetary policy, the 1990-91 recession demonstrated the growing importance of financial markets to the American and world economies.

DESCRIPTION:

From November 1982 to July 1990 the U.S. economy experienced robust growth, modest unemployment, and low inflation. The "Reagan boom" rested on shaky foundations, however, and as the 1980s progressed signs of trouble began to mount. On October 19, 1987 stock markets around the world crashed. In the U.S. the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost over 22% of its value. Although the causes of "Black Monday" were complex, many saw the crash as a sign that investors were worried about the inflation that might result from large U.S. budget deficits. The American housing market presented another sign of weakness, as in the second half of the 1980s a large number of savings and loan associations (private banks that specialized in home mortgages) went bankrupt. The collapse of the S&L industry negatively impacted the welfare of many American households and precipitated a large government bailout that placed further strain on the budget.

Although the 1987 stock market crash and the S&L crisis were separate phenomena, they demonstrated the growing importance of financial markets—and associated public and private sector debt—to the workings of the American economy. Other causes of the early 1990s recession included moves by the U.S. Federal Reserve to raise interest rates in the late 1980s and Iraq's invasion of Kuwait in the summer of 1990. The latter drove up the world price of oil, decreased consumer confidence, and exacerbated the downturn that was already underway.

Yes Donald has inherited the best economy of any other president in my lifetime

vector Wrote:9 days and still no proof of obamagate

I hadn't finished reading the first sentence when I realized there was no way you wrote this^^

Here's what you did; You went to the following website (link provided) , "The Jivewired Journal" http://blog.jivewired.com/2014/11/friday...-1992.html and lifted the first part of your post which I highlighted (in purple)

Then you went to another website (link provided) , http://vm136.lib.berkeley.edu/BANC/ROHO/...ssion.html where you lifted the remainder of the blather you posted, at which point you made a crude and obvious attempt to piecemeal together something you plagiarized from two separate authors. Both websites are filled with the absurdly leftist ravings of Keynesian economic lunatics. The University of California, Berkeley uses this kind of drivel to indoctrinate their students to the liberal view, and Jivewired, is just a bunch of Rock n Roll groupies who like to think they are political pundits. But aside from the extreme bias of your sources, we're still left with the fact that not the first word of it is yours.

But you make my point when you say you've been around since Kennedy; And yet somehow though you lived through the Reagan Era, you choose to deny what you saw with your own two eyes. Bill Clinton is the one who inherited a strong economy from Ronald Reagan. Trump got what he said he got, a mess. But I know down there at the hall, they all hate Republicans and you're just not about to allow the facts or even the things you've lived through to sway your opinion. :Thumbs:
Dearest TRT, your lecturing a poster about biased sources is akin to Lindsey Lohan lecturing Kim Kardashian on moral purity.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Dearest TRT, your lecturing a poster about biased sources is akin to Lindsey Lohan lecturing Kim Kardashian on moral purity.

Can't vector speak for himself, or are you the self appointed lead for the 3 amigos, mr.fundamental, vector and sombrero?

My you do go on at times. Tell you what, you show me where he sourced anything, and I'll back up. The point wasn't about posting, it was about pasting. I know everything is relative there in Sombreroville, but did I miss something or is Janet Napolitano not the President of Berkeley? You remember don't you, that glorious example of higher learning through attempted arson and property damage? If she isn't a flaming lib I don't know who is, and UC Berkeley is liberal only and always.

The larger point for your reading pleasure, would have been as follows; For those who endeavor to think for themselves, it will take a lot more than a few chuckleheads out in La-La Land to talk us into believing their revisionist baloney, rather than what we saw with our own eyes.
TheRealThing Wrote:Can't vector speak for himself, or are you the self appointed lead for the 3 amigos, mr.fundamental, vector and sombrero?

My you do go on at times. Tell you what, you show me where he sourced anything, and I'll back up. The point wasn't about posting, it was about pasting. I know everything is relative there in Sombreroville, but did I miss something or is Janet Napolitano not the President of Berkeley? You remember don't you, that glorious example of higher learning through attempted arson and property damage? If she isn't a flaming lib I don't know who is, and UC Berkeley is liberal only and always.

The larger point for your reading pleasure, would have been as follows; For those who endeavor to think for themselves, it will take a lot more than a few chuckleheads out in La-La Land to talk us into believing their revisionist baloney, rather than what we saw with our own eyes.

That's just it, O stulted one, "our own eyes"... apparently, you believe you see from the perspective of truth, and, therefore, "your eyes" are unbiased. What the economy was when Reagan left depended on the vantage point from which you looked. An example: according to the CBO, if you are a highly paid, white collar executive, the GOP healthcare plan is nice, very nice. However, if you happen to be blue collar line worker who voted for President Trump, not so much. From the vantage point of white collar economic elites, truth is one thing. From the vantage point of a married couple working at Walmart, or a father working on the floor in manufacturing at a paint factory, it is another.

If you are suggesting that trickle down economics is and was a rising tide that lifted and lifts all boats, I reject that suggestion out of hand.

The funniest part of this is socialist like Vector and Bernie whine about the rich getting richer, which is exactly what happened under Obama.
Hell, he even bailed them out.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Same old TRT. You've lost nearly all of your audience and you continue to insult the few people who still bother to visit this forum. Sad.

Or it could be that weve all gone to work making America great again.
Sadly, the Trump haters will also benefit and reap the rewards of this administration.
TheRealThing Wrote:I hadn't finished reading the first sentence when I realized there was no way you wrote this^^

Here's what you did; You went to the following website (link provided) , "The Jivewired Journal" http://blog.jivewired.com/2014/11/friday...-1992.html and lifted the first part of your post which I highlighted (in purple)

Then you went to another website (link provided) , http://vm136.lib.berkeley.edu/BANC/ROHO/...ssion.html where you lifted the remainder of the blather you posted, at which point you made a crude and obvious attempt to piecemeal together something you plagiarized from two separate authors. Both websites are filled with the absurdly leftist ravings of Keynesian economic lunatics. The University of California, Berkeley uses this kind of drivel to indoctrinate their students to the liberal view, and Jivewired, is just a bunch of Rock n Roll groupies who like to think they are political pundits. But aside from the extreme bias of your sources, we're still left with the fact that not the first word of it is yours.

But you make my point when you say you've been around since Kennedy; And yet somehow though you lived through the Reagan Era, you choose to deny what you saw with your own two eyes. Bill Clinton is the one who inherited a strong economy from Ronald Reagan. Trump got what he said he got, a mess. But I know down there at the hall, they all hate Republicans and you're just not about to allow the facts or even the things you've lived through to sway your opinion. :Thumbs:
t

All the stuff I posted come off one website
And by your reply they are wrong because if Reagan was responsible for Bill Clinton biggest jobs gain than any other president then how in the hell did he beat Bush ?
You do know Bush was president for four years before Clinton?
Or did Bush do away with Reagans economy plans when he took office and put them back in place before he left so Bill would get the credit?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The funniest part of this is socialist like Vector and Bernie whine about the rich getting richer, which is exactly what happened under Obama.

First you need to know a little what really happened bailing the rich out

program of the United States government to purchase toxic assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bushon October 3, 2008. It was a component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis.

The TARP program originally authorized expenditures of $700 billion. Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 created the TARP program. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, signed into law in 2010, reduced the amount authorized to $475 billion. By October 11, 2012, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) stated that total disbursements would be $431 billion, and estimated the total cost, including grants for mortgage programs that have not yet been made, would be $24 billion.[1] On December 19, 2014, the U.S. Treasury sold its remaining holdings of Ally Financial, essentially ending the program. TARP revenue has totaled $441.7 billion on $426.4 billion invested.[2]

And Bush even started the GM bailout
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Or it could be that weve all gone to work making America great again.
Sadly, the Trump haters will also benefit and reap the rewards of this administration.

Now so much for the war on coal the republicans have RUNNED there campaign on

This is what your republicans have done in Frankfort

MARCH 2, 2016 0 COMMENTS

Kentucky Senate approves nuclear power bill
FRANKFORT—A bill that would lift a long-standing moratorium on nuclear power plants in the state, was approved today by the Kentucky Senate.

Senate Bill 89 would amend Kentucky Revised Statutes to change the requirement that facilities have means of permanent disposal of nuclear waste. Instead they would only be required to have a plan for its safe storage, and that the plans be approved by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.

It would also eliminate several other obstacles to the construction and maintenance of nuclear facilities.

The bill is sponsored by Sen. Danny Carroll, R-Paducah.

“Lifting the nuclear moratorium in Kentucky is no longer a regional issue. It is, without question, a statewide issue,” said Carroll, the latest to introduce the bill – it has passed a Senate vote several times in recent years.

With 99 reactors running in 30 states and a handful being built, Carroll said Kentucky is surrounded by states taking advantage of advances in nuclear energy.

“It has never been more important that we start looking to diversify the energy portfolio in our state,” Carroll said.

“When you run a business, you look for varied funding streams. You don’t put all your eggs in one basket… That’s what we’re doing in our state. Out of fear of nuclear energy, out of efforts to protect the coal industry, whatever the case may be, we are putting all our eggs in one basket.”

“We will left behind if we don’t take action. Soon,” he added.

Other changes proposed with the bill include giving the Public Service Commission authority to hire consultants to perform duties relating to nuclear facility certification.

The bill, in earlier iterations, has received significant attention in the western part of the state where many were out of work when the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant closed in 2013. The facility produced enriched uranium for the U.S. Department of Energy for 50 years before closing.

SB 89 now heads to the House for consideration.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The funniest part of this is socialist like Vector and Bernie whine about the rich getting richer, which is exactly what happened under Obama.
I agree. Sadly, Bush and the RINOS did the same thing. There are very few conservatives left in Washington, and Trump wants to replace them with more hand-picked RINOs in 2018.
Pages: 1 2 3 4