Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Strongest mountain region?
After the first round of sweet 16, Kcc only mountain team that played an could have won there game.everyone else got ran out of the gym! Hats off to Kcc! Looks to like the 14th was well represented this year! An there was very little diff between the top teams in the 14th! A foul or two either way an someone else could have been down there! Pcc was up 12 when Burris went out with 3rd foul her most of the game killed Pcc. Lcc stayed in bad foul trouble there game an hurt there chances! But in the end luck does play into winning games sometimes. Kcc seniors as well as the rest of the seniors in the 14th! All of us fans appreciate all ur hard work an sacrifices! With all the hard work you have put into basketball whatever u choose to do when u graduate you all will be very sucessful ! Thank you all !!
You're comparing apples to oranges to make a claim like this. It could be simply one team got a better draw than the other. Way to many factors to consider to say one region better than the other on the first round game of a state tournament.
Who cares who the best team is in the mountains. If you cant win a game at the Sweet 16, who even cares. Get sick of everyone just being happy with going to the state tournament. Why not plan on winning the dang thing?
[quote=t4p3r8]You're comparing apples to oranges to make a claim like this. It could be simply one team got a better draw than the other. Way to many factors to consider to say one region better than the other on the first round game of a state tournament.[/QUOTE the biggest factor the mountain girls teams always struggle in the sweet 16
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Who cares who the best team is in the mountains. If you cant win a game at the Sweet 16, who even cares. Get sick of everyone just being happy with going to the state tournament. Why not plan on winning the dang thing?
no chance , even if we took the top five players in one of the mountain regions we would still lose!
Don't think so. Pick us a team from the 14th and play them together for a season and we could bring home the hardware
All about the draw and the matchup. Bottom line is the mountain teams need to step up and win some games against th better regions
The mountains are capable of winning but our best players split up after middle school. If SV can stop that from happening they have a chance within the next 4 years. PCC has the same opportunity. It's not impossible the year MCNapier won we had 2 mountain teams capable of winning it. The title was decided in the 14th regional tournament game between Napier and Whitesburg either team would have won that year.
Big Hammer Wrote:The mountains are capable of winning but our best players split up after middle school. If SV can stop that from happening they have a chance within the next 4 years. PCC has the same opportunity. It's not impossible the year MCNapier won we had 2 mountain teams capable of winning it. The title was decided in the 14th regional tournament game between Napier and Whitesburg either team would have won that year.

You must be old as the mountains to remember that
Hahaha I'm old but my mind is still sharp. Ahhhh maybe semi sharp
The 13th was the strongest mountain region by far. Harlan County beat up Knott and Breathitt in the WYMT tourney and North beat Perry.
I agree 13th was the strongest then 14th then 15th
Have to agree with 13th being strongest as a whole.
15th was stronger at the top than the 14th.
new o Wrote:15th was stronger at the top than the 14th.

Very questionable but as a whole 14th definitely stronger
That is a close one to call. Pretty close the top 3 from both regions but I would have to go with the 14th
13th and a close call between 14th and 15th. I did like paintsville a lot but it wasn't the talent that separated them as much as they seem to play at a much harder level than most. They had a good amount of talent but work ethic goes a long way separating girls often.
I would go with the 13th.
I watched
Harlan County embarrass Breathitt and Knott Co
South Laurel dominate Lee County
North Laurel beat Perry Central and Hazard
Harlan beat Leslie County at All A State
Corbin beat Hazard at Hazard
Lynn Camp beat Perry Central
14th- Knott, Perry, Leslie and the rest
15th- Paintsville, Shelby Valley, Johnson Central, Pikeville and the rest
new o Wrote:14th- Knott, Perry, Leslie and the rest
15th- Paintsville, Shelby Valley, Johnson Central, Pikeville and the rest

Pikeville is not ready to be put at the top
Pikeville beat Paintsville at Paintsville
I thought Johnson Central was playing their best basketball at tourney time. Injuries and losing Preston really hurt but they still played Paintsville really close in finals. I look for it to be Paintsville, Shelby Valley and Pikeville as top 3 next year. JC will be rebuilding but they'll still be in the mix come tourney time.
Johnson Central picked up Jarvis and return Sites, Castle, Fitch and Montgomery. No rebuilding at JC.
new o Wrote:Pikeville beat Paintsville at Paintsville

Pikeville lost leading scorer and leader this will hurt them
I agree with that but they return 8 of their top 10. 15th region returns a boatload of kids, very few seniors this year.
New o, forgot about Jarvis going to JC.. That top 4 are going to have some battles..
Plus Pike Central loses no one, Lawrence returns most of their kids plus the kid that was hurt, Belfry returns every kid, East Ridge loses one kid......
new o Wrote:I agree with that but they return 8 of their top 10. 15th region returns a boatload of kids, very few seniors this year.

Still losing the leading scorer means a lot and she was the leader of the team, just because they return several kids don't mean they can replace her
the last mountain team that won the girls sweet 16 was Rockcastle Co. from the 12th region in 2010/11.
2011/12 Lincoln Co. made it to the final 4 from the 12th region (people might not said they are in the mountains, but they got a mountains in that. my aunt use to have a farm there). 2006/07 Pike Co. Central made it to the final 4 from the 15th region. 2004/05 South Laurel made it to the final 4 from the 13th region. 2001/02 Jackson Co. made it to the title game from the 13th region.
Pages: 1 2