Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coaches and Players of the Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Region 1: Chris Vogt - Graves Co

Region 2: Travion Hollowell - University Heights

Jaylen Sebree - Christian Co

Region 3: Zach Hopewell - Apollo

Region 4: Pedro Bradshaw - Russellville

Tavin Lovan - Franklin Simpson

Terry Taylor - Bowling Green

Region 5: Tony Jackson - North Hardin

Region 6: Jaylon Hall - Doss

Region 7: Clivonte Patterson - Ballard

Region 8: Joe Griffin - South Oldham

Region 9: Cole Vonhandorf - Covington Catholic

Region 10: Jake Ohmer - Scott High

Region 11: Taveion Hollingsworth - Paul Laurence Dunbar

Region 12: Peyton Gover - Southwestern

Region 13: Peyton Broughton - North Laurel

Region 14: Torell Carter - Letcher Co Central

Region 15: Trenton Russell -Magoffin Co

Timmy Dalton - Lawrence Co

Region 16: Hayden Roe - West Carter

Region 1: Chris Guhy - Mayfield

Region 2: Tim Haworth - Hopkinsville

Region 3: Darren Lynam – Hancock Co

Region 4: Dee Spencer – Franklin Simpson

Region 5: Deron Breeze – Adair Co

Region 6: KC Goodin - Butler

Region 7: Chad Carr – Christian Academy of Louisville

Region 8: Roger Harden – Williamstown

Coy Zerhusen – Oldham Co

Region 9: Tim Sullivan - Cooper

Region 10: Terence Brooks - Paris

Region 11: Rob Goodman - Sayre

Region 12: Chris Baker – Southwestern

Kurt Young – Mercer Co

Region 13: Glenn Gray – Clay Co

Region 14: Robert Hammonds – Letcher Co Central

Region 15: Tommy McKenzie – Johnson Central

Region 16: Bart Williams – Bath Co

http://kentuckybasketballcoaches.org/go/...ar-awards/
WOW.........who votes on this????? I'm sorry but there is no way that Broughton or Gray should've got player and coach of the year in the 13th.........Broughton may have had a nice PPG average but he couldn't even lead his team to a district title......and any coach in America could have won 17 games with the schedule that Clay had this year...Outside of North Laurel twice they beat NO ONE........Like I said in a previous post if Glenn Gray gets any kind of coaching awards then they should go to Robert Marcum for scheduling such a cupcake schedule.......The awards should have went to.......Player: Andrew Taylor or Cameron Carmichael and the coach should have went to Michael Jones or Coach P from Corbin......
Best two players i saw all year were Trevon Faulkner of Mercer and Tony Jackson from Notth Hardin, fitzgerald, gover also really good
Great list of players
Strikeout King Wrote:Region 1: Chris Vogt - Graves Co

Region 2: Travion Hollowell - University Heights

Jaylen Sebree - Christian Co

Region 3: Zach Hopewell - Apollo

Region 4: Pedro Bradshaw - Russellville

Tavin Lovan - Franklin Simpson

Terry Taylor - Bowling Green

Region 5: Tony Jackson - North Hardin

Region 6: Jaylon Hall - Doss

Region 7: Clivonte Patterson - Ballard

Region 8: Joe Griffin - South Oldham

Region 9: Cole Vonhandorf - Covington Catholic

Region 10: Jake Ohmer - Scott High

Region 11: Taveion Hollingsworth - Paul Laurence Dunbar

Region 12: Peyton Gover - Southwestern

Region 13: Peyton Broughton - North Laurel

Region 14: Torell Carter - Letcher Co Central

Region 15: Trenton Russell -Magoffin Co

Timmy Dalton - Lawrence Co

Region 16: Hayden Roe - West Carter

Region 1: Chris Guhy - Mayfield

Region 2: Tim Haworth - Hopkinsville

Region 3: Darren Lynam – Hancock Co

Region 4: Dee Spencer – Franklin Simpson

Region 5: Deron Breeze – Adair Co

Region 6: KC Goodin - Butler

Region 7: Chad Carr – Christian Academy of Louisville

Region 8: Roger Harden – Williamstown

Coy Zerhusen – Oldham Co

Region 9: Tim Sullivan - Cooper

Region 10: Terence Brooks - Paris

Region 11: Rob Goodman - Sayre

Region 12: Chris Baker – Southwestern

Kurt Young – Mercer Co

Region 13: Glenn Gray – Clay Co

Region 14: Robert Hammonds – Letcher Co Central

Region 15: Tommy McKenzie – Johnson Central

Region 16: Bart Williams – Bath Co

http://kentuckybasketballcoaches.org/go/...ar-awards/

Elisha Justice not coach of the year in 15th .. oh ok lol
cchsfan4life Wrote:WOW.........who votes on this????? I'm sorry but there is no way that Broughton or Gray should've got player and coach of the year in the 13th.........Broughton may have had a nice PPG average but he couldn't even lead his team to a district title......and any coach in America could have won 17 games with the schedule that Clay had this year...Outside of North Laurel twice they beat NO ONE........Like I said in a previous post if Glenn Gray gets any kind of coaching awards then they should go to Robert Marcum for scheduling such a cupcake schedule.......The awards should have went to.......Player: Andrew Taylor or Cameron Carmichael and the coach should have went to Michael Jones or Coach P from Corbin......

The Coaches are the ones who vote.....
I totally agree that Broughton shouldn't of won the player of the year in the 13th, Andrew Taylor is 5X the player.. IMO Broughton isn't even the 2nd best in the region.. I think that Grubb is arguably the second best. But the best is no doubt Andrew.. Also Carmichael is in the argument as well.
Baseballgeek Wrote:I totally agree that Broughton shouldn't of won the player of the year in the 13th, Andrew Taylor is 5X the player.. IMO Broughton isn't even the 2nd best in the region.. I think that Grubb is arguably the second best. But the best is no doubt Andrew.. Also Carmichael is in the argument as well.

Got to be a senior to win the KABC player of the year.
Nice to see Bart Williams get coy
Come on guys, Broughton is pretty dang good. Him, Taylor, Carmicheal, Grubb are all are excellent players. Broughton earned the award.
It's pathetic that Glen Gray won 13th region COY. 17-13 overall and 11-8 in region beats a guy that went 31-4 overall and 18-2 in region. In the regional finals they beat a team that had beat them twice. And, their other 2 losses were to teams who made the sweet 16. John Higgins must have overseen the vote count, cause Mike Jones got screwed.
Think broughton is a great talent but never had a coach in high school. Good luck to him at the next level
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Elisha Justice not coach of the year in 15th .. oh ok lol

He should have been his first year there wins Region that's a joke. Justice Coach of the in the 15th Region in my opinion
I thought Booher would get it in the 15th.
13th Region player of the year should have been Carmichael after his play in the 13th Region tournament. He put on one of the best shows I can remember in recent years and his team won the Region. Coach Michael Jones or Coach Tony P. Should have won coach of the year. They should vote on that award the week after the regional tournament.
Voting wraps up around the end of January/early February. So what players/coaches do in the last couple weeks of the season doesn't get considered.
My point exactly, when it matters most!
I think Coach Patterson at Knox Central is probably the best coach I've seen in years. I keep telling everybody he's the real deal!!!!!! Say what you want but Knox hasn't ever won 27 games especially when they were picked 5th or 6th at the beginning of the year. This young man has a future in coaching at any level he wants. Matter of fact I heard he has an offer from LMU. Hope he don't go. Fun to watch his teams get up and down the floor for sure.
KABC worked to recognize the players and coaches at the state tournament. This is a nice jester and is an opportunity for coaches and players to be recognized on a big stage. Therefore, the voting is done early. Is this a perfect setup, probably not. You people who are calling the voting pathetic and rigged are talking about your local coaches. They do the voting and votes are tabulated by a central committee on a state level and not one person. Some old these post could be from jealous coaches or players. Hope not!
Or parents, maybe.
I think Travis York done a nice job this year at Lawrence with his young players filling in with Dalton