Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Central vs Henderson County (SWEET 16 Rd 1)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
14th Region champ Knott Central will take on 12th Ranked Henderson County. Should be a good match up. Good luck to the Lady Pats and Coach Honeycutt.
Very winnable game for the Lady Pats. Owens, Henderson's center and leading scorer is out with injury... Lady Pats should be able to attack the lane.
Henderson still has two 5'10 girls that play inside out and can shoot the three ball. I think with the injury it evens the game. With Owens Henderson would be the favorite. Owens region player of the year and miss basketball candidate. Who can score will win both teams play great defense.
Good Luck Lady Patriots. I know you will represent the 14th well
[Image: 1ky2qi.jpg] Bolz ole Fatpat pumped up baby! Owens out but Ladypats be on Lander like Fatpat on mash taters baby! All over it brutha! Lady Colonels wont know what hit em! #ladycolonelsneedsamakeover More mash taters please!!!
[Image: 1ky327.jpg] Shaba baby! Getting loaded up cause we be rolling to BBT brutha! Fatpat style! JPC got a plan for ole Hendy! Honeycutta a pure genius bruh! BBT aint never seen nothing ole Fatpat cause we be bringing da party baby! More mash taters please!!!
[Image: packing.gif] Bolz Pat Nation getting packed for a fun tater trip brutha! Can only get so much in the tater case baby! Pat Nation preparing for the long haul bruh! #roadtripsareshabab More mash taters please!!!
[Image: 02781f480499c21362492fbfe4526af0.gif][Image: giphy.gif] Bolz ole Fatpat is pumped up on carbs bruh! Train be hitting Hendy like nobodys bizness! Waughzee and Evander be shaba! Tberry and Hoss be shooting lights out and Lexinator bringing the house down! #gohardorgohome #bigbakedtaterarenaherewecome More mash taters please!!!
Hey fat pat we are all behind the lady pats. Good luck girls!!!!!!!!
Pats did a great job stopping lander. But couldn't stop the freshman and sophomore who had 18pts each. Pats had a chance to win but if Henderson had Owens it could have been a 20 pt game.
Good season for kcc all 14th region fans should be proud of these girls
Knott had a really good season.But I've been hearing that the Mullins kid will be leaving going to Perry if this is true this could be really dangerous to Knott..This kid is only an 8th grader an could out play most kids on Knott's team.Not knocking any kids on Knott's team but this kid is amazing an is an offense threat..
Why would anybody on KCC be upset? We just won the 14th region. The little Mullins girl is a good shooter and handles the ball ok, but doesn't defend very well at all. You can't expect her to play in front of Thornsberry, Harrington, or Anderson, she's not there yet. If she goes to PCC you'd better call and ask Hall and Proffitt first. They might let her throw it in to them if she gets in the game. She would probably see some playing time next year here. Shoot, Higgins wouldn't start at Perry.
You must have seen the parents' message posted on FB about being undecided and complaining about playing time(just like all the players on the team saw it)...it's sad really, that the team can't enjoy their time at the Sweet 16 before people start playing politics for next year. Here's all I have to say about it (not really, but all I'll post)...
KCC made it to the state tournament because they played team ball and were a multifaceted squad. Some nights the guards and their shooting made them victorious, some nights it was all about the big girls down low. It wasn't one person. Last year, Leslie Co went to the Sweet 16....not because they had one superstar, but because they had multiple players who played team ball. Profitt has been to three schools in three years, and still hasn't made it to the big dance, Creech scored 50 points a game, but her team struggled to get out of their district, much less Region. My point, teams who have one scoring superstar win a few games, but rarely make it very far, because that's not what playing basketball is about. It doesn't do your team any good for you to score 20 points if you let the girl you are suppose to guard score 30...it doesn't do your team any good to shoot the ball everytime you touch it and never pass to an open player....it doesn't do your team any good to publicly play this my kid is better than everyone else game, in fact, it just might make them all cringe....so....I like to think KCC plays team ball, we're obviously more successful when everyone has unity and works for the team...that's the kind of players we need....loyal teammmates who support their team and each other win or lose...Patriots who want KCC to win no matter who's on the floor...let's celebrate our accomplishments and let the girls who have worked so hard for it, enjoy it!! Parents need to play their politics discreetly...kids read these posts & FB just as much as the adults do....but their memory may well be much longer.
KnottGuy, I'm sure if she was that much better she would have been on the floor. That seems to be the problem with parents nowadays, they feel their child should be starting varsity when they are in 4th grade and they want to try and run the team. Over the years I have noticed that girls play earlier than boys but they also tend to peak earlier. I have watched girls that looked really good as 8th graders and then not really get any better.. I'm sure there are many different reasons why but seems to happen more so with girls than boys..
Knottguy36 - I totally agree with you on the Mullins girl she is amazing player and does a awesome job she hasn't had the opportunity to show her talent. I've also heard the rumors she may be leaving if she does it could be a big loss for KCC in the future . KCC has a lot of talent that I see sitting on the bench that should be on the floor more then what they are . Not saying anything negative about the other players that does play a lot but everyone deserves a chance.
HaveMercy Wrote:You must have seen the parents' message posted on FB about being undecided and complaining about playing time(just like all the players on the team saw it)...it's sad really, that the team can't enjoy their time at the Sweet 16 before people start playing politics for next year. Here's all I have to say about it (not really, but all I'll post)...
KCC made it to the state tournament because they played team ball and were a multifaceted squad. Some nights the guards and their shooting made them victorious, some nights it was all about the big girls down low. It wasn't one person. Last year, Leslie Co went to the Sweet 16....not because they had one superstar, but because they had multiple players who played team ball. Profitt has been to three schools in three years, and still hasn't made it to the big dance, Creech scored 50 points a game, but her team struggled to get out of their district, much less Region. My point, teams who have one scoring superstar win a few games, but rarely make it very far, because that's not what playing basketball is about. It doesn't do your team any good for you to score 20 points if you let the girl you are suppose to guard score 30...it doesn't do your team any good to shoot the ball everytime you touch it and never pass to an open player....it doesn't do your team any good to publicly play this my kid is better than everyone else game, in fact, it just might make them all cringe....so....I like to think KCC plays team ball, we're obviously more successful when everyone has unity and works for the team...that's the kind of players we need....loyal teammmates who support their team and each other win or lose...Patriots who want KCC to win no matter who's on the floor...let's celebrate our accomplishments and let the girls who have worked so hard for it, enjoy it!! Parents need to play their politics discreetly...kids read these posts & FB just as much as the adults do....but their memory may well be much longer.
Profit has been to the big dance
Unfortunately when you have success you have these type of issues. It was good to see Honeycutt win the region because he has put up with more than most coaches over the last several years.
The only thing thats going to hurt Knott is if all the girls who had been thinking about quiting quit!!! The rumor of the Mullins girl not deciding were she wants to go has been going around for awhile and all the girls have heard it!! They are all tired of the politics!! A lot of good players either don't come out or don't stick with because they don't want to make it to their Jr & Sr years only to have parents play politics and there spot being taken!!! When parents do that it only hurts their child because no matter how talented, players and fans in the stands only see a player who didn't earn their spot but got it because their parents played politics!!!
From what I saw, Honeycutt played her more as the season went on and yes, he probably could have played her more in the tournament but his girls that comes off the bench usually before her really played well. It's also a lot of pressure to put on an eighth grader. Looking at their roster , she should be in line to be a big contributor at Knott for the next 4 years on a good team.
coalminer Wrote:From what I saw, Honeycutt played her more as the season went on and yes, he probably could have played her more in the tournament but his girls that comes off the bench usually before her really played well. It's also a lot of pressure to put on an eighth grader. Looking at their roster , she should be in line to be a big contributor at Knott for the next 4 years on a good team.

Agree. Mullins will just have to fight for playing time again at Perry. Perry will be better next year than this year. She's a good solid player though. Anytime a kid transfers, its tough to decide what to do. But, as my Ol' man always said you can't put Ye cart before ye horse son. Lol
HaveMercy Wrote:You must have seen the parents' message posted on FB about being undecided and complaining about playing time(just like all the players on the team saw it)...it's sad really, that the team can't enjoy their time at the Sweet 16 before people start playing politics for next year. Here's all I have to say about it (not really, but all I'll post)...

[Image: Q6EomtS.png]

I like what Have Mercy is sayin baby. Nothing is bigger than the Patriot program. JPC Handbook page 1, wowza!!! I know the Miller girl is excited to play and she will get her chance in a couple years. We have 2 starters coming back and we have to reload baby. It's either go big or go home and we aint goin home..... Plus we always need good role players. Best advice is to do what Honeycutta needs you to do and enjoy the train ride bolz!!!

#timetogrowsomebigtaters More mash taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image: Q6EomtS.png]

I like what Have Mercy is sayin baby. Nothing is bigger than the Patriot program.
JPC Handbook page 1, wowza!!! I know the Miller girl is excited to play and she will get her chance in a couple years. We have 2 starters coming back and we have to reload baby. It's either go big or go home and we aint goin home..... Plus we always need good role players. Best advice is to do what Honeycutta needs you to do and enjoy the train ride bolz!!!

#timetogrowsomebigtaters More mash taters please!!!

Why don't you practice what you preach.....looks like the conductor of the "TRAIN" got derailed by Henderson Co. I , for one, is sick of your BS.
Hoopster007 Wrote:Why don't you practice what you preach.....looks like the conductor of the "TRAIN" got derailed by Henderson Co. I , for one, is sick of your BS.

[Image: PLB6XR0.png]

Hoopy, ole fatpat not sure where you fell off the train but we got all kinds of room to pull you back on, wowza!!! Hendy was one slick team, but ole fatpat is awful proud of Honeycutta and his team representing baby... JPC would love have you join us in the warroom as we reload the train for next next year.

#TrainsEnergyAreMashtaters More mash taters please!!!
Fatpat is just having fun with it, but you have to admit without Magoffin's center your season would have ended second round of the region. PCC would have been in the sweet sixteen.
easternky Wrote:Fatpat is just having fun with it, but you have to admit without Magoffin's center your season would have ended second round of the region. PCC would have been in the sweet sixteen.

No Knott won with all 15 girls.... whoever it is sole purpose is to promote ONE Lady Pat only.
#4 become KCC's center when she stepped on the Patriot floor. She loves her Lady Patriots and loves being a Lady Pat! Shut the Magoffin crap up. Thank you KCC family for welcoming her and she's ready to give it all she's got for her team to return to Sweet 16!
Well, I'm a Lady Pat supporter and I'll be the first to say, we don't win the region without her.
Fatpat team won the big prize and he has every right to enjoy it. From the time they won the region I was also a pat fan.We need to all support our reps in the state tourney
KnottGuy36 Wrote:Knott had a really good season.But I've been hearing that the Mullins kid will be leaving going to Perry if this is true this could be really dangerous to Knott..This kid is only an 8th grader an could out play most kids on Knott's team.Not knocking any kids on Knott's team but this kid is amazing an is an offense threat..
I believe she is going to Hazard, not Perry, I believe her sister is also going and cheering for Hazard.
Pages: 1 2