Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gearheart resigns at Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Brandon Gearheart resigns as Pburgs girl coach effective march 18th
I also seen their Track & Field coach is going to resign.
Per Facebook, Gearheart was forced to resign and a lot of his players aren't too happy about it.
We all hate to see coaches forced to resign or get terminated but it comes down to his performance as a coach. If you do not win schools will not keep you. His 4 year record at PHS was 41 wins and 81 losses. Against the top 4 teams in this years 15 th Region (paintsville, Johnson central, pikeville and Shelby valley) he had a career record 1-17.
Blackcatdad Wrote:We all hate to see coaches forced to resign or get terminated but it comes down to his performance as a coach. If you do not win schools will not keep you. His 4 year record at PHS was 41 wins and 81 losses. Against the top 4 teams in this years 15 th Region (paintsville, Johnson central, pikeville and Shelby valley) he had a career record 1-17.

I hadn't researched anything as far as records, but I can see where the athletic director might not be too thrilled with that performance.
Blackcatdad Wrote:We all hate to see coaches forced to resign or get terminated but it comes down to his performance as a coach. If you do not win schools will not keep you. His 4 year record at PHS was 41 wins and 81 losses. Against the top 4 teams in this years 15 th Region (paintsville, Johnson central, pikeville and Shelby valley) he had a career record 1-17.

Shane Simpkins won and they fired him. :Sad04:

Last four seasons James has a record of 35 wins and 80 losses. Wonder why he hasn't resigned. Confusedinglepar
Redneck Wrote:I hadn't researched anything as far as records, but I can see where the athletic director might not be too thrilled with that performance.

Brandon is the athletic director. This must have been the conversation when he fired himself. :argue:
UpYours Wrote:Shane Simpkins won and they fired him. :Sad04:

Last four seasons James has a record of 35 wins and 80 losses. Wonder why he hasn't resigned. Confusedinglepar

I wonder if they regret the firing of Shane? A lot of eyes looking in their direction after that happened.
UpYours Wrote:Brandon is the athletic director. This must have been the conversation when he fired himself. :argue:

I had no idea he was AD.
who are the front runners for the job?
Gearhart took the job back.