Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central vs. Paintsville (15th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The stuff dreams are made of.... playing your cross-town rival for a spot in the State Tournament.

1/13 @ JC... Paintsville won 47-34.
2/10 @ Paintsville... Paintsville won 65-59
2/23 @ Magoffin County, 57th District championship, JC won 59-38.

The head coaches, Rice & Trimble, know each other... the teams know each other.

Paintsville is playing to go the state tournament for the first time since 1932. Girls basketball wasn't played in KY from 1933-1974. GBB was re-established in 1975.

JC's last 15th region championship was in 2015 and they made it to the Elite 8 that season for the first time in school history.

Game time is @ 5:00PM @ the Expo Center in Pikeville.

The boys semi-final games will follow.
JC vs. Lawrence County & Pikeville vs. South Floyd.
I will be there to see this one
I wouldn't miss this game for all the tea in China. The Lady Tigers want to avenge their only loss to the Lady Eagles. An added bonus will be a 15th region championship.
Unpopular opinion: Paintsville wins
Without Fitch and Preston. I'll go with Paintsville as well. You could just tell tonight against Pike Cent they were certainly not the same team they were against Pikeville.
Mjolnir Wrote:Without Fitch and Preston. I'll go with Paintsville as well. You could just tell tonight against Pike Cent they were certainly not the same team they were against Pikeville.

Preston could be back, heard tonight she wasn't feeling well so they rested her, Pulp would know more about that than me. I don't see Fitch makin a return after having her appendix removed, but I do wish her a speedy recovery.
Wooooo Nelly! Should be a good ole fashion slobber knocker!!!!
Tigers by 15+
Warthog Wrote:Tigers by 15+

I like your enthusiasm, but I can't see either team winning by double digits this time, even if JC does have one or two girls out. I could be wrong though.
I would LOVE to see this game!! But since the Lady Bears are playing THEIR in county rivals for the championship, I will be at that danged Arena in Corbin!!

Lady Bears and Lady Dragons.......another slobber knocker!

Good luck to both of these teams tonight.
I have no knowledge about Preston.
Preston is the key. She is a hard matchup for Paintsville. If she plays it's a toss up, without her Paintsville wins by 8-10 points.
Preston will not play! She is no longer playing for the Eagles.
As in not on the team anymore?
Some things DO NOT need to be discussed or mentioned on this site.

The reason or reasons (no matter if you know they are accurate) why Ms. Preston is no longer on JC's basketball roster is something that does not need to be discussed on here.
Was not trying to discuss anything in particular, just asking if she was on the team or maybe sick! Hope things are well with Preston, good kid!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Some things DO NOT need to be discussed or mentioned on this site.

The reason or reasons (no matter if you know they are accurate) why Ms. Preston is no longer on JC's basketball roster is something that does not need to be discussed on here.

I don't believe anyone WAS discussing why. Making the absolutely true statement that she is not on the team anymore is allowed and valid. Nobody crossed boundaries there. This reaction will do nothing but make it seem even more controversial.
Good luck to her
Hope everything is ok
23-21 Paintsville

Halftime
Tight game.... Nobody has made a run.

Been several ties and lead changes.
1:03 3rd qtr.

30-21 Paintsville.

This qtr., JC hasn't scored. Paintsville has scored 6.
End 3rd qtr.

30-25 Paintsville
5:30 left

31-30 JC
3:26 left

34-31 Paintsville