Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 66 Breathitt County 59 - 14th Region Round 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from 14th region game 2. Breathitt fights hard. PCC advances to 2nd round against LCC.
Hard fought game by Breathitt County tonight. Dug themselves a hole early and never could get out of it. So much for Perry winning by as much as they wanted to.
Perry looked far from unbeatable tonight. Breathitt County played hard but didnt play real well and still was only down 5 with about 30 seconds in this game. Taulbee hadn't missed both freethrows and parks hadn't stepped out of bounds. This would have been a 1 point game with under 20 seconds left to play.
Good showing by Breathitt after weathering the early storm from Perry.
Perry looked awesome!! should win 14th with ease . Very good shot of winning state . Congratulations!! Dores 🙌🏻
postman Wrote:Perry looked awesome!! should win 14th with ease . Very good shot of winning state . Congratulations!! Dores ����

Perry looked far from awesome didn't rebound just slapped at the ball wouldn't grab it! Someone explain to me when u have kids that big u don't put someone in the free throw lane. Chandler Caudill came in made several crucial plays down the stretch. Even rebounded his own free throw miss in the clutch. all other kids standing at the half court line. Why this kid isn't playing more is beyond me . Scores everytime he comes in and actually hustles. The truth will stand when all else falls. Brother Cecil.
Lol Perry is as far from a state title contender as the East is from the West.
If Perry even makes it to state they won't make it past the first game. It's sad that they've cheated and still don't have a team that can get past the first game in state if they was to go. I'm beating Lecther or Knott win region
Brother Cecil Wrote:Perry looked far from awesome didn't rebound just slapped at the ball wouldn't grab it! Someone explain to me when u have kids that big u don't put someone in the free throw lane. Chandler Caudill came in made several crucial plays down the stretch. Even rebounded his own free throw miss in the clutch. all other kids standing at the half court line. Why this kid isn't playing more is beyond me . Scores everytime he comes in and actually hustles. The truth will stand when all else falls. Brother Cecil.

A lot of teams do that now Cecil and it's the dumbest thing I've ever saw.
Equally Wrote:If Perry even makes it to state they won't make it past the first game. It's sad that they've cheated and still don't have a team that can get past the first game in state if they was to go. I'm beating Lecther or Knott win region

You obviously are too dumb to look at the pairings for the state tourney.
They will beat Johnson Central with ease in the first round. They have a team that can contend in state. Are they going to put 80 up and be pleasing to the eye?? No, but are you going to get anything easy on them?? Heck no. They dominate on defense. Breathitt was a bad matchup for them because they played 5 shooters and could pull the bigs away from the basket. No other team in this region can do that, especially LCC. With Tobler on Carter and the bigs clogging the lane, I expect a 15+ win for the Commodores.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:They will beat Johnson Central with ease in the first round. They have a team that can contend in state. Are they going to put 80 up and be pleasing to the eye?? No, but are you going to get anything easy on them?? Heck no. They dominate on defense. Breathitt was a bad matchup for them because they played 5 shooters and could pull the bigs away from the basket. No other team in this region can do that, especially LCC. With Tobler on Carter and the bigs clogging the lane, I expect a 15+ win for the Commodores.

You just summed this whole region up in a nutshell. Letcher don't match up with PCC at all.
So PCC beat Knott by how many at Perry? I thought it was a tough game for Perry but way people talked on here Perry beat Knott easy in first game. I'm not saying Knott will beat Wolfe because it will be a battle in my opinion. But Knott and Perry game will be a tough game.
The year Shelby Valley won state, they lost to Perry Central the last game of the regular season.

Why do I say that?

To remind people that you can be a great team without blowing out every team you play or winning every game you play.

I've never seen such polarity with a team as with this one...
Hey if Breathitt doesn't like they way this game went, they can always start another petition.
If PCC struggles against an average BHS team with no true big.man they will have problems when they get to Rupp, if they get there. It would be nice to see a team from the 14th be more than a placeholder.
Equally Wrote:If Perry even makes it to state they won't make it past the first game. It's sad that they've cheated and still don't have a team that can get past the first game in state if they was to go. I'm beating Lecther or Knott win region

** betting**
& You are just mad because they can play. A month ago you KNEW the boys were going to be ruled ineligible and all the wins were going to be taken away.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:They will beat Johnson Central with ease in the first round. They have a team that can contend in state. Are they going to put 80 up and be pleasing to the eye?? No, but are you going to get anything easy on them?? Heck no. They dominate on defense. Breathitt was a bad matchup for them because they played 5 shooters and could pull the bigs away from the basket. No other team in this region can do that, especially LCC. With Tobler on Carter and the bigs clogging the lane, I expect a 15+ win for the Commodores.

:biglmao: If Tobler guards Carter he'll be in foul trouble within the first two minutes of the game!
I'm not mad just stating facts. For a team to have that much size they aren't very talented the only kid that is very talented on that team is Noah Back. Teams like Scott county and they are very young would eat them up. You but a team that has close to the same size and they won't be able to play. Like I said even if they make it to state they will get beat. Johnson is a good team with good talent. Don't get mad because you had to bring in 3 boys and they can't beat a small Breathitt team more than 7 points
I said before Perry will have 3 close games in the Regional Tournament there not a run away favorite, and after last night that show you there playing a little tight after taking a 12-0 lead they kindly just play average the caudill kid made some big hoops for them. To say they win the first game of the Sweet 16! My concern first is getting there. There no promises and to say they win the first game of the State Tournament like I said they be lucky to and to say they win the second game can they beat Knox or Corbin in Lexington that yet to be seen. Just worry about getting there first they need. Breathitt was rank 5th in this tournament.
zaga_fan Wrote:The year Shelby Valley won state, they lost to Perry Central the last game of the regular season.

Why do I say that?

To remind people that you can be a great team without blowing out every team you play or winning every game you play.

I've never seen such polarity with a team as with this one...

So did Paintsville in 1995 at Paintsville.
Pery beat Paintsville in 1995 at Paintsville. Paintsville won the sweet 16 that year and if im right Breathitt won the 14th Region that year and beat Knott County in championship at Knott County. Knott was the favorite.
One game at a time not knocking on Perry but take one at a time Ive seen some very good team get beat in the regional and district tournament you Perry fan should only be worried about Letcher there playing the best ball right now in the 14th Region.
Survive and advance.

I sure hope Perry doesn't lose in the 14th. My brain won't be able to take the shenanigans on here lol
All came down to Breathitt missing free throws and wide open shots. They missed 3 front ends of 1 and 1 and then missed both shots of a two shot foul and was still only down 6, then missed a wide open 3, Perry goes down and hits a 3 and it's over. Holding Tobler to 9 points and Perry having 19 turnovers shows they are beatable, no easy games in this region. My question is how do you let Back get 5 3-pointers? He is not going to take you off the dribble, just have someone stand by him and Breathitt wins going away. Just a missed opportunity by Coach Amis and the Bobcats. :flush:
If Breathitt made every shot they took in this game, they would have beaten Perry.
MHG its a shame nobody stands beside Back in all these games hes dropped 20-30. Hard to stop a guy that hardly ever misses. He made the best move I saw alll night when he went behind his back and took his man to the rim for a layup. I have watched games for a long time and Back is the best shooter I have ever saw. I think he could drive any time he wanted, but why drive when you make 3s like they are layups?
KentuckyFan35 Wrote::biglmao: If Tobler guards Carter he'll be in foul trouble within the first two minutes of the game!

Yes he will
The_Rock Wrote:MHG its a shame nobody stands beside Back in all these games hes dropped 20-30. Hard to stop a guy that hardly ever misses. He made the best move I saw alll night when he went behind his back and took his man to the rim for a layup. I have watched games for a long time and Back is the best shooter I have ever saw. I think he could drive any time he wanted, but why drive when you make 3s like they are layups?
Back is by far the best talent Perry has. He's a great player
If I was building a team, Back would be my first pick out of anyone in this region.
The_Rock Wrote:MHG its a shame nobody stands beside Back in all these games hes dropped 20-30. Hard to stop a guy that hardly ever misses. He made the best move I saw alll night when he went behind his back and took his man to the rim for a layup. I have watched games for a long time and Back is the best shooter I have ever saw. I think he could drive any time he wanted, but why drive when you make 3s like they are layups?

According to the KHSAA stats. He shoots 41% from 3. That's a really good %
but not many guys shoot 41% on layups. That's funny.

And the best shooter that you have ever saw. That's a strong statement as well. Do you have any stats to back that up?
Pages: 1 2