Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 46 - Shelby Valley 45 (15th Region Tourney)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Wow what a game. Congrats to all that was involved
The top 4 teams in the region (IMO) drew each other in the first round, both games go down to last second shots.
We are looking at a JC vs. Paintsville championship game.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:We are looking at a JC vs. Paintsville championship game.

And, I will be at that game if it happens.
Congrats Paintsville
TOs at the end beat SV
Did valley not play good I figured they would win by 10 or more
Guess they played about as well as you figured...lol
Congratulations, Lady Tigers!
I too figured SV would win by double digits. They have been playing great ball and Paintsville was sort of heading in wrong direction. Maybe all that peak talk motivated Paintsville a little. Sometimes having all the talent,like SV has creates havoc. SV people that I know have been talking this year of possibly winning region for 6 years in a row. Heck,our JV team can beat most of the varsity teams in the 15th. Congrats to Paintsville and Coach Trimble(good defensive plan).
A great game from start to finish. Paintsville got out to an early lead of 11 points, but Valley asserted their full court press in the 2nd quarter, started making some shots, and quickly got back in the game, it took Paintsville a little while to adjust to the defensive pressure, but once they did it was a back and forth game the rest of the way. The turning point was when Lazini hit the 3 to tie it at the end of the 3rd. An incredible finish as Elizabeth Williams hit a Sean Woods like game winning shot. Valley seemed to have gotten way to rushed down the stretch, had some timely turnovers at crucial points. But a great game from both teams, hate to see anyone lose that one, and it's been a long, long time since Valley didn't make it past the 1st round of the Regional Tournament. A huge congrats to Coach Trimble and the Lady Tigers, survive and advance, that's what it's all about at this time. I agree with everyone else who has posted, that we are set up for a potential all 57th Regional Final between Central and Paintsville.
Heck of a 1st round game.
WSIP's online stream blacked out before Paintsville's last possession... I had to run out to my vehicle and listen to the finals seconds.

Worked fine all game up until under a minute to go.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:WSIP's online stream blacked out before Paintsville's last possession... I had to run out to my vehicle and listen to the finals seconds.

Worked fine all game up until under a minute to go.

Happened to me as well Pulp, then I remembered Allen James does live streams on Facebook, lol.
Shelby Valley will be a force to be reckoned with in the years to come. A lot of young talent on that team.

Congrats Coach T and the Lady Tigers
Valleys weak schedule finally showed up
Looks like pike central is still playing told you guys they are a dangerous team
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Looks like pike central is still playing told you guys they are a dangerous team

No they're not. They drew and beat Betsy Layne by 7. That's not exactly showing everybody they're a team to be reckoned with.
Motley Wrote:No they're not. They drew and beat Betsy Layne by 7. That's not exactly showing everybody they're a team to be reckoned with.

Not to mention they came out of the gat eso slow against a not so very good BL and got behind by double digits.
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Looks like pike central is still playing told you guys they are a dangerous team

Johnson Central will show you how dangerous they are. They beat Betsy Layne. Hardly qualifies you as dangerous.
Good or not good they have made it farther than SV and Pikeville... That's one thing you can't take from them.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Good or not good they have made it farther than SV and Pikeville... That's one thing you can't take from them.

After JC handles them by 20+ you can easily take it away from them. In 10 years nobody will care they made a regional semi final with a cake draw.
Motley Wrote:After JC handles them by 20+ you can easily take it away from them. In 10 years nobody will care they made a regional semi final with a cake draw.

I played in a region semi final 30 years ago and I remember it. That's all that matters.
There's no need to cry over spilt milk!! Everyone needs to support their respective schools. These are high school KIDS!
Motley Wrote:No they're not. They drew and beat Betsy Layne by 7. That's not exactly showing everybody they're a team to be reckoned with.

They are in the semi finals and pikeville and valley are home. Yes they are!!!!!!
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:They are in the semi finals and pikeville and valley are home. Yes they are!!!!!!

K.
Several teams stayed home from the sweet 16,lol.
new o Wrote:Several teams stayed home from the sweet 16,lol.

obviously lol