Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 63 North Laurel 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
14 straight district championships for the Big clay. Huge congrats to them after how much they graduated and to still come out on top in district.
I'm glad I was wrong. Clay keeps the streak alive for another year. Clay had a good game plan and the atmosphere was great. Congratulations to them!
Congrats to Clay as district champs again! Not a lot of people expected very much from this team this year. This has to be extremely disappointing though for North Laurel. But they have to regroup and get ready for the regional tournament
Unbelievable. I'll bet North missed 30 threes. I don't understand Brad's thinking. Clay couldn't keep Broughton from getting to the basket, he had 19 of his 33 in the fourth quarter when Brad finally just let him take over offensively, but before that there were a lot of offensive possessions where he didn't even touch the ball. It's the postseason! If you've got something that works, ride it, everyone doesn't have to be involved! And North's interior defense is basically non-existent, Gabbard has looked like an all-stater twice against us this season. Oh well. Now we get Knox, Harlan Co., or South/Corbin. Afraid we sealed our doom with this one.
North didn't "seal their doom" with that one.

They would have to play Knox, HC, South or Corbin anyway. They aren't any easier to beat in the second or third round.

This is definitely a disappointing loss for North, but maybe it wakes them up.
Tough loss for North
zaga_fan Wrote:North didn't "seal their doom" with that one.

They would have to play Knox, HC, South or Corbin anyway. They aren't any easier to beat in the second or third round.

This is definitely a disappointing loss for North, but maybe it wakes them up.

I hope you're right, but with a win we probably would have got a draw where we could get by the first round even on an off night, then only have to be in top form twice. We haven't shown me this year that we could string three great efforts together in a row, which is what it will take now.
Hahhahahaha. The most underachieving team to ever step on a court. Either Brad Sizemore can't coach a lick or North just can't get over the hump. This is the worst clay team in the last 7 or 8 years
North cant get over the hump they be one and done in the regional next week.
How can a team with a division 1 player, McDonalds All American, Mr. Basketball candidate, and all time leading scorer in Laurel County never win a thing!!! May want to look for a change at the top IDK!:1:
Van Hagar Wrote:I hope you're right, but with a win we probably would have got a draw where we could get by the first round even on an off night, then only have to be in top form twice. We haven't shown me this year that we could string three great efforts together in a row, which is what it will take now.

You're right about putting three straight games together. North hasn't been able to do that.

It's win or go home from here on out. I'd like to see them put a run together.
Hard fought game by both teams lastnight. Thing that ruined the game for me was not the game, but how the the so called "adults" taunted a great player like Broughton. It's a shame some people stoop that low. Parents are slowly ruining the game for kids. Not just in basketball, but in every sport.
JaguarPulse Wrote:Hard fought game by both teams lastnight. Thing that ruined the game for me was not the game, but how the the so called "adults" taunted a great player like Broughton. It's a shame some people stoop that low. Parents are slowly ruining the game for kids. Not just in basketball, but in every sport.
Good god. Are people not allowed to cheer at games. Or is this golf
Easy Wind Wrote:Good god. Are people not allowed to cheer at games. Or is this golf

By all means cheer for your team, but but when you single out high school kids and say the things that were said and you're an adult, that's too far in my opinion.
Grow up-- it's a game
Right is right wrong is wrong
Sizemore just proved he is hands down the worst coach in the state of Kentucky. I don't understand why you don't run your offense through Broughton. Other than maybe 1 jump shot and free throws he was non existent in the first 3 quarters. In the 4th he took over but they were already down by 14 points or so...........I love Clay County basketball but there is no reason we should have beaten North Laurel twice this year.....I don't care if it was at Clay.
I agree, if north don't make a run in the region i think they will have another coach next year.