Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 59 Paintsville 38 (57th District Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Crosstown rivals travel to Salyersville for the 57th District championship game.
Game starts @ 7PM.

JC is 25-6.
Paintsville is 25-3.

Paintsville beat JC 47-34 on 1/13 @ JC.
Paintsville beat JC 65-59 on 2/10 @ Paintsville.

JC's last 57th District championship was in 2015.
Paintsville's last District championship (not sure if it was called the 57th) was in 1932 (Yes, 1932).
39-25... JC leads going in to the 4th qtr.
Final. 59-38

Johnson Central wins the 2017 57th District Tournament.
Whoa. What happened to Paintsville?
A bit
Of a surprise
JC is a good team, play defense..
Paintsville peaked way too early
Warthog Wrote:Paintsville peaked way too early

No....Paintsville played like sh*t! 2 for 20 in the first half. 10% beats no one. Missing wide open and break away layups. Piarist could beat them tonight.

Played better second half. But first half was their poison. Not taking anything from JC. They played well.

That's basketball. You live to play another day.

I'm sure someone will get on here and say the refs. NO IT WASN'T. I will say that they let BOTH teams play WAY to rough though.
^ I noticed that in every girls game I've seen this years district tournaments... Very rough play... Not physical, just right down rough.
I agree with Creeker on the rough play. Holding-slapping constantly-refs tend to reward smaller players on the drive. I saw one 3 second call all year. They also seem to let the defensive player on the post player push and wrap too much.
^I agree and it's just NOT fun to watch. Boys or Girls.
Was I the only one who saw the Paintsville girl punch the JC player in the face?
UpYours Wrote:Was I the only one who saw the Paintsville girl punch the JC player in the face?

No, I was standing in the corner to the left of the play and had a very good view. Very obvious. Sadly the official had a much better view than I did.
Hey Pulp. If you don't want to see that word. Turn on your filter. I'm not breaking any rules. So leave it alone. When did the site become censored?
OffTheHook Wrote:Hey Pulp. If you don't want to see that word. Turn on your filter. I'm not breaking any rules. So leave it alone. When did the site become censored?

A few members have sent me messages in the past about some members using those type of words.... They know I post alot in the Church thread on here and know my stance. Everybody knows what word you used.... changing the I with * doesn't change the context of how you used it. I'm sure this isn't the first time a word has been changed on here and it won't be the last. Anyways, goodnight.
They can turn on theiir filters also.
I really thought this was our year to win district. I have to disagree with "Hook". To say they played like crap is a slap in the face to these young ladies. They played exactly how they've played all year. They played their hearts out. Left it all on the floor. To disgrace that effort is shameful. Some nights you are hitting, some nights you are not. Last night they did not. Give credit where credit is due and that's to coach Rice and the JC girls as they were the better team. Hope we meet again in the regional finals.
"Played better second half. But first half was their poison. Not taking anything from JC. They played well."

Well, I have watched every game Paintsville has played this season and I stand by my statement.
I gave JC their deserved credit in the last two sentences above.
OffTheHook Wrote:"Played better second half. But first half was their poison. Not taking anything from JC. They played well."

Well, I have watched every game Paintsville has played this season and I stand by my statement.
I gave JC their deserved credit in the last two sentences above.

So basically you definition of playing well is whether or not the ball goes thru the net. This isn't the WNBA where everyone shoots 70% nightly. They are high school girls who just love to play basketball. Also, NO WAY does Piarist beat them ever.
Well in the first half they may have...2 for 20...lol. I bet we missed at least 8 wide open bunnies. I know it's not the WNBA....but come on. That was the first worst half of basketball prolly in our schools history. EVERYONE knows that.
Tough night for the Lady Tigers, couldn't get anything to fall in the first half. Hats off to Darren Rice and his girls, they proved how tough it is to beat a team 3 times in the same season. Maybe these two will meet again for all the marbles
Congrats JC
The refs called too many fouls. The refs let them play to rough. Got to decide which way the game should be called. Gees. No matter what one side is going to be mad and complain about something.Congrats on both teams on playing the game of basketball. Win or loose you will become better people for it.
Redneck Wrote:Tough night for the Lady Tigers, couldn't get anything to fall in the first half. Hats off to Darren Rice and his girls, they proved how tough it is to beat a team 3 times in the same season. Maybe these two will meet again for all the marbles

I hope they do. What a game it will be.
Snow Wrote:I hope they do. What a game it will be.

Won't happen! One has to face SV. Better watch out for Pike Central also.
Great game ladies.