Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fleming Co 72 Bath Co 58 (61st District)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
8-22 Fleming County gets the upset win over 14-17 Bath County tonight. Fleming County advances to Championship game against Rowan County
Tough loss for Bath but a solid season.
Don't think I'd consider a 14-17 season and a first round loss (to a team who won 8 games this year) a "solid season"
Looking for the BGR member "Rivals".
He told me to "wait and see" about a week ago and suggested the arrival of some players would take them over the top.

I waited....and waited.......0 pts.
Considering the team had won 8 games combined the last 2 seasons and the most since 2011 I would say it was a pretty good first season for a new coach. Also, he happened to win coach of the year in the 16th region.

And Fleming County's record is pretty deceiving since they actually had their full team for the first time all season in the district game. Bath County basically had 2 starters injured (Pergrem and Reed) and Jake Mitchell played his first game back with the flu after missing 2 weeks.

Fleming was the better team last night but to say Bath County didn't have a solid season is just ridiculous.
KingGotNext Wrote:Looking for the BGR member "Rivals".
He told me to "wait and see" about a week ago and suggested the arrival of some players would take them over the top.

I waited....and waited.......0 pts.

You were misinformed. There weren't any players arriving so not sure who Rivals is or what they were referencing. Bath Co was actually missing 2 players that had been starters during the year, including 6'6" center Austin Reed who would have been a huge help on the boards last night. Fleming was healthy for the 1st time all year and it showed. They owned the boards and the scoring in the paint as well as playing more physical. Difference in the game.
4everUK Wrote:Don't think I'd consider a 14-17 season and a first round loss (to a team who won 8 games this year) a "solid season"

It was a solid season for a team that has had to live in a coaching revolving door for the past 5 years. The seniors on this team played this year for their 3rd head coach. It has been a toxic environment that Coach Williams has done away with. Rome was not built in a day but Bart Williams has came in and put down a soild foundation. With the players he has returning over next several season expect a true contender for the district and in the region going forward.
Williams done a great job this season
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:It was a solid season for a team that has had to live in a coaching revolving door for the past 5 years. The seniors on this team played this year for their 3rd head coach. It has been a toxic environment that Coach Williams has done away with. Rome was not built in a day but Bart Williams has came in and put down a soild foundation. With the players he has returning over next several season expect a true contender for the district and in the region going forward.

I would say Pikeville feels the same way .. winning regular season and district tournament
They (Pikeville) probably are excited until they are hit with khsaa sanctions.
OVille Baller Wrote:They (Pikeville) probably are excited until they are hit with khsaa sanctions.

Jealousy is an ugly thing..
Bart Williams is a good coach
Sanctions certainly will not come from KHSAA... They can't do anything to anybody....and besides pressure already being applied to stop any announcements......
BlueSky Wrote:Sanctions certainly will not come from KHSAA... They can't do anything to anybody....and besides pressure already being applied to stop any announcements......

Lol
Lol