Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Predict: Ashland Paul Blazer at Pikeville tonight.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets hear your thoughts on this game tonight on Pikevilles home floor tonight after Pikeville has had 2 games out of the last 3 days.
Blazer by 10...Pikeville looks flat
Ashland by 15

Ashland puts alot of pressure on both offense and defense. McDavid and Bonnor are very strong on the inside for the Tomcats.
I really havn't checked on Ashland this season, so I will say pikeville by 6
Ashland by double digits...
FBALL Wrote:Ashland by 15

Ashland puts alot of pressure on both offense and defense. McDavid and Bonnor are very strong on the inside for the Tomcats.

I havnt seen Ashland play this year, last year the pressured some on defense. I dont remember their pressure being as tight as Shelby Valleys is this year. I dont think the ball pressure will be as big of a factor as it seems others are saying. Pikeville just has to be strong with the ball, and watch out for that little slump they get in for a few minutes every game.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:I havnt seen Ashland play this year, last year the pressured some on defense. I dont remember their pressure being as tight as Shelby Valleys is this year. I dont think the ball pressure will be as big of a factor as it seems others are saying. Pikeville just has to be strong with the ball, and watch out for that little slump they get in for a few minutes every game.

Ashland has a new head coach this year and his philosophy is all based around pressure and pushing the ball. Much different thinking than the former head coach.
Tomcat68 Wrote:Ashland has a new head coach this year and his philosophy is all based around pressure and pushing the ball.

Pikeville has trouble at times creating shots against good pressure defense. They don't really have anyone other than Clevinger that can take his man off the dribble. Actually, Harmon can get around his man with penetration, but his lack of size prevents him from finishing well around the basket. Honaker does a pretty nice job on the high low, shooting wise, but rarely looks down to Adams underneath. IMO, Pikeville needs to use Adams much more than they do in the half court... It would also help create opportunities on the outside for Sword, Harmon, and Clevinger...
IMO, Pikeville needs to do a better job of pass first, shoot second mentality...at least a few players.
I'll go ahead and say the player you are referring to.... Matt Clevinger.
Ashland by 12.
who won?
NYY10 Wrote:who won?

ashland by about 14
ahh..congrats to Ashland