Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Colin Cowherd says UK fans bragging about All-Star weekend is “pathetic,”
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Colin Cowherd says UK fans bragging about All-Star weekend is “pathetic,” program’s history in NBA “embarrassing”

After claiming that UK players in the NBA are “underwhelming” and “immature” on Friday, Cowherd aimed his fire at Kentucky fans and the program’s history to open his show today. After Kentucky players took over All-Star weekend and dominated the headlines, Cowherd said that any fan that brags about how a former player did in an all-star game is “pathetic.”

“You’re all jazzed up this weekend because you really did well in an all-star game. That’s pathetic. Can you imagine an Notre Dame fan or a USC or an Alabama football fan saying, did you hear our guy won a skills competition at the Pro Bowl? That’d be embarrassing. Your fanaticism for this weekend’s All-Star Game is embarrassing.”

After an odd comparison between the All-Star game and Adam Sandler movies, Cowherd came back to his point.
“If you’re bragging about an NBA All-Star weekend, you’re the NFL fan bragging about the Pro Bowl. You’re pathetic.”
Cowherd must have enjoyed the attention from the BBN over the weekend so much that he went a step further, calling Kentucky’s history of putting players in the NBA before the Calipari era “embarrassing.”

“If you took out Calipari, your history is embarrassing. Calipari has made it captivating because of John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Anthony Davis. I think Anthony Davis is — and by the way, Karl-Anthony Towns, that’s a Kentucky kid, I think eventually, he’ll be something too. But if you take Calipari out of the all-time Kentucky equation, it’s embarrassing when you compare it to the all-time great teams.”

I think Rajon Rondo, Tayshaun Prince, Antoine Walker, Walter McCarty, Ron Mercer, Tony Delk, Derek Anderson, Jamal Mashburn, Rex Chapman, Dan Issel, and Pat Riley might have something to say about that “embarrassing” history. Duke reference coming in 3…2…1…

“And Duke maybe doesn’t have a time of all-time greats, but they don’t give me head cases. They don’t give me busts,” Cowherd continued. “Kentucky underwhelms me, gives me head cases, gives me busts. Quit blaming the messenger. Look in the mirror.”

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketbal...arrassing/
Much ado over nothing. Not even worth a thread.
lol colin cowherd is irrelevant. That's just essentially clickbait.
I gave up on Cowturd years ago. He is about as relevant as Dan Jockitch.
Any body got 30min to waste on his show, should just go ahead commit suicde. There life is wasted.
CC is a total waste of time. Irrelevant and ignorant are bad places for someone in the media.
He is a queer
Hes your typical shock-jock..hes picking on a huge and hugely passionate fan base to get a rise. which leads to clicks and ratings... He is not worth our air time guys..
What an idiot.
he is also anti Alabama football
With all the NBA all stars one would think UK would have more National Championships here lately?
FlippedOut Wrote:With all the NBA all stars one would think UK would have more National Championships here lately?

Oh boy, here we go. :please: