Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Charter Schools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is a push to have charter schools in Kentucky. The Governor mentioned it last night in his speech. Does anyone know how this will impact high school sports? Do they offer athletics or are they strictly academic institutions? would they be considered private schools?
Since Kentucky has never had charter schools, my only knowledge is of the Harmony School in Cincinnati. They actually had a school policy that stated 80% of their athletes had to be students at the school. Their quarterback worked at a local gas station and was not even a student at the school.
Since Kentucky has never had charter schools, my only knowledge is of the Harmony School in Cincinnati. They actually had a school policy that stated 80% of their athletes had to be students at the school. Their quarterback worked at a local gas station and was not even a student at the school.

I have nothing against private or charter schools. My children attended a Catholic school for a few years. However, I want my tax dollars to fund public schools, not private schools.
This is about cordia mostly. If not charter then at least let them go independent. The school board at Knott county is totally for Knott and against cordia. A coach wins a state tournament and the school board don't rehire him? What a joke. If you want to fire him for the violations then do it when the punishment was handed down not two years later