Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rank the 13th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
North Laurel
Clay Co
Harlan Co
South Laurel
Middlesboro
Whitley Co
Corbin
Williamsburg
Harlan
Lynn Camp
Knox Co
Pineville
Bell Co
North Laurel
Clay County
South Laurel
Harlan County
Middlesboro
Corbin
Knox Central
Williamsburg
Whitley County
Lynn Camp
Jackson County
Harlan
Pineville
Bell County
OBI
Red Bird
The 13th will be very competitive this season. The teams that will be battling for the title will be:
- North and South Laurel - Both have quality programs and will be very young and talented. They have one senior combined. Both teams should be fast and rely on young pitching. North will pitch Gregory a 10th grader. South will throw 9th grader Jervis and 8th grader Gray. Both will play a competitive schedule to prepare for post season. South will also be hosting the regional tourney. One of the 2 teams has won the region and advanced to the state tournament every year since Fastpitch became a sport. Will that streak end this year? Both teams have, or will have shortly, 600 wins. Only 6 teams in the state has accomplished that and 2 of them are from Laurel County.
- Clay county will be hard to beat. They lost some key players but still have Owens pitching and a lot of talent. How will they schedule? Will they play better teams to prepare for post season?
- Corbin, or as some has been calling them the 13th region Redhounds, has a very different team this year. They have players from South, North, Knox Cent. Bell and W'burg. They will be very talented. The question for them is how will those players mesh and how will the Corbin supporters like it when these new players play and the Corbin kid sits on the bench?
- Middlesboro has very strong pitching. Their girls throw harder than anyone in the region. Can they field and hit with the top teams?
- Harlan County returns a lot of very good players. They had a tremendous record last season They will be a very good team. Like Clay, How will they schedule?
- Williamsburg returns their entire lineup from last year. They have strong pitching and catching. They beat Corbin last year to advance to the regional. They also had South on the ropes. They could be a dark horse in a very competitive 49th district.
1. Clay
2. South Laurel
3. North Laurel
4. Corbin
5. Williamsburg
6. Middlesboro
Good analysis Jackman but I believe Harlan County is in the top 4. HC is definitely better than Corbin and Williamsburg. Middlesboro and Clay have pitching that if it is on can beat anyone but I don't know that they can either one score enough to beat good teams. HC won the 52nd and then lost to clay in the first round of the Region after holding a lead for 5 innings until Clay got a couple of big hits then won in extras. HC also beat Williamsburg pretty easily last year. HC returns its top 2 pitchers and 7 of 9 starters. I really think HC will challenge the Laurels for the regional title this year.
Jackman Wrote:The 13th will be very competitive this season. The teams that will be battling for the title will be:
- North and South Laurel - Both have quality programs and will be very young and talented. They have one senior combined. Both teams should be fast and rely on young pitching. North will pitch Gregory a 10th grader. South will throw 9th grader Jervis and 8th grader Gray. Both will play a competitive schedule to prepare for post season. South will also be hosting the regional tourney. One of the 2 teams has won the region and advanced to the state tournament every year since Fastpitch became a sport. Will that streak end this year? Both teams have, or will have shortly, 600 wins. Only 6 teams in the state has accomplished that and 2 of them are from Laurel County.
- Clay county will be hard to beat. They lost some key players but still have Owens pitching and a lot of talent. How will they schedule? Will they play better teams to prepare for post season?
- Corbin, or as some has been calling them the 13th region Redhounds, has a very different team this year. They have players from South, North, Knox Cent. Bell and W'burg. They will be very talented. The question for them is how will those players mesh and how will the Corbin supporters like it when these new players play and the Corbin kid sits on the bench?
- Middlesboro has very strong pitching. Their girls throw harder than anyone in the region. Can they field and hit with the top teams?
- Harlan County returns a lot of very good players. They had a tremendous record last season They will be a very good team. Like Clay, How will they schedule?
- Williamsburg returns their entire lineup from last year. They have strong pitching and catching. They beat Corbin last year to advance to the regional. They also had South on the ropes. They could be a dark horse in a very competitive 49th district.
1. Clay
2. South Laurel
3. North Laurel
4. Corbin
5. Williamsburg
6. Middlesboro
Williamsburg is not in the 49th district. They're in the very competitive 50th with South, Corbin and Whitley. Until the other 13 the region teams beef up their schedules, North and South will be the favorites.
Williamsburg is in the 50th district not 49th.
Rollo I think your rankings are very close. You have to rank North first until Clay or someone else proves they can win when the money's on the table. I would go with Clay at 2, would be tempted to put Harlan Co. and Corbin both ahead of South, because the loss of Lawson from South to Corbin is a tough blow, South will have to depend on young, relatively inexperience pitching. But like several of you have said, the other schools have to upgrade their regular season schedules to make a run at the Laurel schools. Regular season records don't really matter, what we remember is who won the region.
1. North
2. Clay
3. Harlan co.
4. South
5. Williamsburg

Corbin is right in the mix.
I had heard the Lawson girl was heading to wburg but went to Corbin instead because of a little boyfriend.
Wburg could have really used her. They return everyone and are one good pitcher away from challenging anyone in the region IMO. Good news is there loaded with juniors so they have two years to get it done.
They have one really good pitcher but two would have put them in another league.
I feel like this is the year that Clay knocks off North Laurel. They have closed the gap a lot over the past 2 years. Until they do so North is the team to beat in the 13th though.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. North
2. Clay
3. Harlan co.
4. South
5. Williamsburg

Corbin is right in the mix.
I had heard the Lawson girl was heading to wburg but went to Corbin instead because of a little boyfriend.
Wburg could have really used her. They return everyone and are one good pitcher away from challenging anyone in the region IMO. Good news is there loaded with juniors so they have two years to get it done.
They have one really good pitcher but two would have put them in another league.
The boyfriend is in Whitley County so I don't believe that is why she chose Corbin.
1. North Laurel
2. Clay Co.
3. South Laurel
4. Corbin
5. Harlan Co.
6. Williamsburg
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. North
2. Clay
3. Harlan co.
4. South
5. Williamsburg

Ive decided to replace South with Corbin.

1. North
2. Clay
3. Harlan Co.
4. Corbin
5. Wburg
softballfan2014 Wrote:The boyfriend is in Whitley County so I don't believe that is why she chose Corbin.

Either way, it doesn't matter.
All the girls at Whitley and Wburg were brought up in those systems.
Pawn all you want Corbin.
My 13th region picks
1) North
2)Clay
3)Corbin
4)Harlan County
5) Middlesboro
6) Williamsburg
I honestly think it could be any one of the top three. North has the experience of winning and bring back a good solid pitcher. The question will be can they score the runs, they lost their big bats with only really Riley as a threat now. Clay has a good solid pitcher but they lost a lot also and their schedule is weak. Corbin has the best pitching staff and maybe best hitting line up the question will be if their schedule is tough enough?? I am most surprised with how high South is being ranked. They lost a lot with Lawson leaving and Powenski being out with a foot injury. They have a really inexperienced pitching staff and little to no power in the line-up.
Softball Queen Wrote:My 13th region picks
1) North
2)Clay
3)Corbin
4)Harlan County
5) Middlesboro
6) Williamsburg
I honestly think it could be any one of the top three. North has the experience of winning and bring back a good solid pitcher. The question will be can they score the runs, they lost their big bats with only really Riley as a threat now. Clay has a good solid pitcher but they lost a lot also and their schedule is weak. Corbin has the best pitching staff and maybe best hitting line up the question will be if their schedule is tough enough?? I am most surprised with how high South is being ranked. They lost a lot with Lawson leaving and Powenski being out with a foot injury. They have a really inexperienced pitching staff and little to no power in the line-up.

Doesnt south laurel have the 13th region player of the year returning this year?
Yes Dixon is still at South. She will put up very good numbers again this year. They also have Jervis back but other than those two their line up is not very good in my opinion. Very young, I believe that Riley girl could be good but has not seen a lot of playing time until this year. So I think you can not win with 2 good hitters and a very young inexperienced pitching staff.
1. Clay Co.
2. North Laurel
3. Corbin
4. Harlan Co.
5. South Laure
6. Middlesboro
7. Williamsburg
8. Knox Central
9. Harlan
10. Whitley Co.
11. Lynn Camp
12. Jackson Co.
13. Barbourville
14. Bell Co.
15. Pineville
16. Oneida Baptist
17. Red Bird
Middleboro run ruled Williamsburg tonight in the all A.
11 to 1 in 6 innings.
I said it all summer that pitching would be there weak link and there starter is injured. Dont really have a back up.

Whitley lost to Clay in 5 innings.

I was surprised to see Jackson County absolutely drill lynn camp. It was like 25 to 5.

Letcher beat Harlan County pretty good.

And south took a big loss.

Looks like a weak year so far.
Middlesboro just run ruled Corbin in 3 innings. 18-2 Jackets may be better than some of you think.
That score is mind blowing. Corbin was ranked first in the region in the initial "Fear Les" rankings.🤡
Latest rankings from the lab
1. North Laurel
2. Clay County
3. Harlan County
4. Middlesboro
5. Corbin
6. South Laurel
7. Knox Central
8. Williamsburg
9. Harlan
10. Jackson County
Walter, saw where Clay beat Harlan Co. on the road tonight 6-5, must have been a good one. Any details?
Van Hagar Wrote:Walter, saw where Clay beat Harlan Co. on the road tonight 6-5, must have been a good one. Any details?

Not yet, but I will get details later!
As of now my top 5:

1. North
2. Clay
3. Middlesboro
4. Harlan Co.
5. South

Past 2 Games Middlesboro has run ruled Williamsburg and Corbin.
FlippedOut Wrote:As of now my top 5:

1. North
2. Clay
3. Middlesboro
4. Harlan Co.
5. South

Past 2 Games Middlesboro has run ruled Williamsburg and Corbin.

I can't disagree. My entire preseason thinking, I was under the impression the big girl from MBoro had graduated.
This changes everything

I still think wburg is better than south but had a bad day. When there pitcher gets healthy, I think they beat south at home.
I thought Lawson and hicks were the only transfers? Who else does Corbin have from other school districts?
Corbin won the Don Franklin showcase this past weekend by beating Southwestern 12-2, McCreary 11-1 and Danville 19-4.
Corbin is led by SarahBeth Price batting .755 with 11 RBI. As well as Mollie Daniels .653 2hr 12 RBI
Corbin defeats Clay 10-5 at Corbin.
Pages: 1 2