Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 73 Harlan County 61
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Harlan County.
This is a big region win for Corbin, on the road especially against a Top region team like Harlan County Corbin, had to play well to pull this win off against a good Black Bear team. I still think Harlan County, a 13th region favorite to win it all in a few weeks.
Harlan Co doesn't have a chance to get out of the region.
Corbin has two wins versus Harlan co by double digits this year. Seems like this is a good matchup for Corbin if they meet in the region
HC definitely has a chance to go to Rupp, as does Corbin, South, KC, and North. Matchups in the regional will be huge.
It's a two horse race between South and Corbin
JerryGarcia Wrote:It's a two horse race between South and Corbin

South better get healthy or the two horse race will be between Corbin and Knox Central.
HC beat Knox at Knox. It's a five team race. Knox, HC, Corbin, South, North.
TheProfessor33 Wrote:HC beat Knox at Knox. It's a five team race. Knox, HC, Corbin, South, North.

Harlan County will need somebody else to beat Corbin for them. The game I watched at Corbin, HC just couldn't match up with Corbin. I understand the game at HC was more of the same and not as close as the final score indicated.
HC matches up fine with Corbin. I'm taking nothing away from Corbin, they are a good team, but they absolutely shot the lights out (in two games they are something like 20-35 from 3pt range). If HC and Corbin meet again and Corbin shoots at that clip, then they will probably beat them again. Now, if Corbin comes down to earth with their 3pt shooting, it's anyone's game. So, I disagree that Harlan County doesn't match up. Also, HC beat North on a neutral floor and won at Knox Central. They've proven they can beat the top teams in the 13th.
I can tell you it will depend on the tournament draw and match ups will be key for Region Champs,

Corbin has the toughest district game by draw in the 13th Region, Whitley County at Williamsburg. They've beat Whitley 2 times already and Whitley has played them hard in both games. Lost at Corbin by 6 and had Corbin down by10 at the end of 1st quarter. Whitley County took South laurel, to over time at Whitley.

My six teams that could win the 13th Region and that's if Corbin gets out of district?

Clay County, Corbin, Harlan County, Knox Central, North Laurel and South Laurel.

For the record, I think Corbin will get out of district and have a good shot at winning region. This is why we Lace "Em Up and play the games because anything can happen in a one and done setting.