Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County vs Letcher 2/6/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Predictions? It's at Letcher.
Harlan will win by what they want to
You think so? I say Harlan by 20.
Harlan wins by 11 but the game was never in doubt even though letcher was up 11 at half
Harlan County better not take to much for granted. Someone will sneak up on them. Not much effort in first half.
Mjolnir Wrote:Harlan County better not take to much for granted. Someone will sneak up on them. Not much effort in first half.

I agree they played tonight according to their competition
IMO At this time of year you need to become mentally tough and focused. I think they will be alright though. A win is a win.
Letcher had the game in control just got tired. I find it hard to believe the game was "never in doubt" even though Harlan County played awful the first half and allowed Hall 20 points just in the first half alone. Also the Cougars shut Blair Green down, held her to just 7 in first half. Lack of depth killed the Cougars. Hall had to do it all and was completely drained by the fourth. Cougars will be dangerous come tournament time. Outplaying one of the top teams in the mountains for 3 quarters gets some momentum rolling.
Leading at halftime gets you nothing. LCC is good at that though lol.... Come on Ball Fan, Green ended up with 24. Don't think thats shutting her down. Don't forget you lost by 11 and it really could have been a lot more. Get real!!
It really couldn't have been more. We played 7 all night, Hall was hounded in the second half and couldn't get a shot while the big girls from Harlan County wore us down. We outplayed then for three quarters just couldn't capitalize plus we had a good player off the bench out this game. That hurts the depth even more. We have played right with Perry, Leslie, beat Breathitt, beat Pike Central, played right with Harlan County. I'm just saying they shouldn't be overlooked. Letcher is no cupcake. Hall and Maggard are a big time combination just need some help and we can compete in the region.
And Green only ended up with 24 because Maggard barely played in the second half because of foul trouble.
It really could have been more.... Harlan up 16 with 3 minutes and took starters out. Hall pushes off every possession. If the game is called right, she is out early. Also, so many walks not called. Wake up Ball Fan, LCC is not good.
Harlan County would have had 20 walks called if the refs wouldn't have sucked but they sucked for both sides. And last I checked the rule book you have to fully extend to push off. Having your arm by your side so you don't get smacked every play isn't pushing off.
And Letcher isn't the best but they play hard and they've only been blown out by two teams in Kentucky, Estill and Knott. They've stuck right with every other team this year, no matter if they're the best team in the mountains or not. I'm just saying watch out come tournament time. Coach Adams will have them balling.
BallFan11 Wrote:And Letcher isn't the best but they play hard and they've only been blown out by two teams in Kentucky, Estill and Knott. They've stuck right with every other team this year, no matter if they're the best team in the mountains or not. I'm just saying watch out come tournament time. Coach Adams will have them balling.

Disagree
BallFan11 Wrote:It really couldn't have been more. We played 7 all night, Hall was hounded in the second half and couldn't get a shot while the big girls from Harlan County wore us down. We outplayed then for three quarters just couldn't capitalize plus we had a good player off the bench out this game.

Played with them for 3 quarters?
What 3 quarters are you talking about?
BallFan11 Wrote:Harlan County would have had 20 walks called if the refs wouldn't have sucked but they sucked for both sides. And last I checked the rule book you have to fully extend to push off. Having your arm by your side so you don't get smacked every play isn't pushing off.

Are you seriously saying letcher got a bad whistle they got every break and got away with 15 walks which happens in every game they play. They never get a bad whistle at home
HCS Wrote:Played with them for 3 quarters?
What 3 quarters are you talking about?

The ones that came before the 4th quarter.
BallFan11 Wrote:It really couldn't have been more. We played 7 all night, Hall was hounded in the second half and couldn't get a shot while the big girls from Harlan County wore us down. We outplayed then for three quarters just couldn't capitalize plus we had a good player off the bench out this game. That hurts the depth even more. We have played right with Perry, Leslie, beat Breathitt, beat Pike Central, played right with Harlan County. I'm just saying they shouldn't be overlooked. Letcher is no cupcake. Hall and Maggard are a big time combination just need some help and we can compete in the region.
They play at home like that,then take it on the road an struggle. If they can beat knott for the district an then they have climbed the mountain!! An i'am not a fan by no means but doing that is a big deal!! Remember they lost 18 or 20 games last year!!
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Are you seriously saying letcher got a bad whistle they got every break and got away with 15 walks which happens in every game they play. They never get a bad whistle at home

No the whistle wasn't bad. We definitely didn't lose because of the calls. The refs are just genuinely terrible in general at every girls game anywhere. It's ridiculous honestly. They just don't make good calls for any team.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Disagree

Your opinion. Your entitled to it.
Harlan County outscored Letcher Central 22-6 in the third quarter, outrebounded them 8-0 and forced seven turnovers.
Harlan County outscored Letcher 14-11 in the first quarter and 19-13 in the fourth quarter and led by 17 with 1:35 left when all the starters left the game. Letcher scored the next seven points.
hillbilly cat Wrote:They play at home like that,then take it on the road an struggle. If they can beat knott for the district an then they have climbed the mountain!! An i'am not a fan by no means but doing that is a big deal!! Remember they lost 18 or 20 games last year!!

You are right. If they can do that, that would be a massive accomplishment. But they have improved tremendously since last year. Maggard has became a serious post presence on offense and defense and Hall is a top tier guard and scorer. Has had many 20+ games this season and will be playing in college because of it. Just not much besides those two.
HCS Wrote:Harlan County outscored Letcher 14-11 in the first quarter and 19-13 in the fourth quarter and led by 17 with 1:35 left when all the starters left the game. Letcher scored the next seven points.

Letcher led at halftime and it's hard to stick with a team that plays 10 with a 6/7 player lineup. Hall had 20 in the first half alone but got tired and only scored 5 in the second half. Injuries and fatigue cost LCC. Harlan County's bigs just wore them out. Good win for Harlan but Letcher could've won it.
Leading at halftime and outplaying them for three quarters are not the same thing. You actually watched the third quarter and thought Letcher outplayed them?
Letcher played hard and that's all you can ask for. I'm just saying the supposedly "best team in the mountains" didn't look all that amazing tonight.
Very true. They played a terrible first half but still won by 11 on the road.
They didn't get outplayed for three quarters though, or even two.
First half was all Letcher in my opinion. They had the momentum and Hall was on fire. Just got too tired in the second half. Good game though.
Hall hit a 3-pointer with 2:23 left in the first half to put Letcher ahead for the first time in the second quarter.
Pages: 1 2