Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Daniel Pugh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody have any information on where Daniel Pugh is headed of the schools he's looking at?
Good post Ray! I would like some info as well. I believe he would make a dandy safety in the smaller college ranks.
I've heard he's possibly decided not to play football in college and will play on the diamond.
What ever he does, good luck to him.
Last I heard, he was waitin to see if Georgetown offers him a baseball scholarship, if so then he will go there and play both. Gtown has already offered him a football scholarship.
My son went to a few Senior to be Camps and Daniel was there. WKU and EKU, I think he was timed at like a 4.6 in the 40. Which is good size and speed for a safety.
RayRay Wrote:My son went to a few Senior to be Camps and Daniel was there. WKU and EKU, I think he was timed at like a 4.6 in the 40. Which is good size and speed for a safety.

Daniel is a hell of an athlete. The best DB I have seen play since Shane Simpkins and Nick Jamerson...
pugh is a very good athlete and can make it at eku or wku
Pugh is a good athlete like midback8 says, but i dont know if he has the size to make it at EKU or WKU at Qb. These colleges have some really big boys playin Qb....i think he has the ability but not the size...
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Pugh is a good athlete like midback8 says, but i dont know if he has the size to make it at EKU or WKU at Qb. These colleges have some really big boys playin Qb....i think he has the ability but not the size...

I think midback was talkin about as a DB...
Pugh's brightest future is in baseball...He's the real deal on the diamond.
I think Pugh carried Paintsville in football for the past 2 seasons!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I think Pugh carried Paintsville in football for the past 2 seasons!

:Thumbs:
I believe that Daniel will succeed, whatever road he takes. He is a great all round athlete and one of the best kids Ive gotten to know. I wish him the best.
dont forget that he is a hell of a boxer to.
Pugh is just a player! Enough said!
Redneck Wrote:I think midback was talkin about as a DB...

I dont think he has the size to make it as a DB or QB at a division 1 or 1aa team like eastern or western, he DEFINITELY has the ability, just not the size...IMO.
As far as size to play at WKU, sure Pugh is big enough. Justin Haddix from Breathitt Co. was smaller than Pugh when he began his career at WKU.
The size of a DB at the college level/pro level averages out to be around 5'10 200lbs. He has the height just needs to pack on a few pounds, which can easily be done.
I heard tonight he may be goin to Morehead to play baseball...
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I dont think he has the size to make it as a DB or QB at a division 1 or 1aa team like eastern or western, he DEFINITELY has the ability, just not the size...IMO.

All he would have to do is put on 10-15 pounds. He goes about 185-190 already, I've seen smaller DB's than that at the D1 level. If Georgia Southern still had the same head coach they did 2 years ago Daniel would be headin down there.
I started my career at a D1AA school (played SS), at the time I was 5'11" 185lbs. Pugh definately has the size, speed, and skill to play at that level of competition if he wanted. Good luck to him in whatever he chooses.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I dont think he has the size to make it as a DB or QB at a division 1 or 1aa team like eastern or western, he DEFINITELY has the ability, just not the size...IMO.
One of my best friends was 1st Team all SEC at CB at UK, he graduated High school at a dazzling 6' 165#. Daniel is 6' about 190#. As they say..."it ain't the size of dog in the fight....it's the size of fight in the dog'!
Guys lets be real if daniel could find somewhere to box after high school thats where he is fitted best
Last I heard DP is gonna go to Morehead and play baseball...

you dont have to be that big to play defensive back. In my opinion he is perfect size and perfect speed. If he doesnt play baseball, then im sure any college like eastern or western would be happy to have him.
He's going to Morehead to play baseball.
Right, That is what I heard also.. MSU
He signed with Morehead a month and a half ago...
Congrats Daniel!!!

I think this one is dead.