Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be at Papa John's from each Class Next Year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Predictions?
IMO all the classes are still up for grabs. In 1a alone there are still 10 teams I can think of that could make it to Louisville in 07'......i believe it is too early for these predictions.
i agree with decent lineman its too early
If I had to pick out of 1a....id say Pikeville, Hazard, Beechwood, Raceland, Mayfield, and LCA have the best shots.
class 2a belfry russel etown
I thought Belfry was moving up to 3A? Prestonsburg will return a lot of talent in 2A, but idk if they can make it to PJCS. In 1A I'd say that Pikeville will represent Eastern Kentucky, they will have 25 seniors I think...and with that many seniors you should win at any level.
IRISH4 Wrote:I thought Belfry was moving up to 3A? Prestonsburg will return a lot of talent in 2A, but idk if they can make it to PJCS. In 1A I'd say that Pikeville will represent Eastern Kentucky, they will have 25 seniors I think...and with that many seniors you should win at any level.

Hazard is returning just as much as pikeville is....and we beat them last year and the year before that.
RUSSELL will return to state. No matter what Belfry, Breathitt, Fleming, Sheldon Clark, Mason Co, Somerset or anybody else thinks. At Russell we don't rebuild or have a "transition" year it's the ole RED Devil ReLoad. And this year we will be like Steve Austin. Bigger- Stronger- Faster better than before. It's the 6 Million Dollar Team.....
Advance Eagles Wrote:RUSSELL will return to state. No matter what Belfry, Breathitt, Fleming, Sheldon Clark, Mason Co, Somerset or anybody else thinks. At Russell we don't rebuild or have a "transition" year it's the ole RED Devil ReLoad. And this year we will be like Steve Austin. Bigger- Stronger- Faster better than before. It's the 6 Million Dollar Team.....

I feel as if Russell will have a more difficult road this year! A lot of great players have moved on! It is very difficult to get back three in a row!~
BelfryJustice Wrote:I feel as if Russell will have a more difficult road this year! A lot of great players have moved on! It is very difficult to get back three in a row!~

I agree. Just because they made it two in a row is not a guarantee that they will do it every year from here on out. They have been on a good run for the past few years and some will continue to wear those maroon tinted glasses. They will be strong as usual and I will enjoy watching them this year to see who will step up and fill the openings from graduation.
Advance Eagles Wrote:RUSSELL will return to state. No matter what Belfry, Breathitt, Fleming, Sheldon Clark, Mason Co, Somerset or anybody else thinks. At Russell we don't rebuild or have a "transition" year it's the ole RED Devil ReLoad. And this year we will be like Steve Austin. Bigger- Stronger- Faster better than before. It's the 6 Million Dollar Team.....

I like the confidence. But its going to take alot of hard work and dedication to make that kind of a run. There is still alot of talent at Russell. But there is talent at other schools as well. It should be fun to watch.
Midee1 Wrote:I agree. Just because they made it two in a row is not a guarantee that they will do it every year from here on out. They have been on a good run for the past few years and some will continue to wear those maroon tinted glasses. They will be strong as usual and I will enjoy watching them this year to see who will step up and fill the openings from graduation.

I totally agree! Belfry was going to win it 10 years in a row in some of the fans’ minds. But Russell helped to remove the red Pirate glasses from their faces. I look for both Russell and Belfry to have great seasons as they do year in and year out. There are a few teams that will give both of them a run for their money this coming season!
:popcorn:
well, belfry and russell have both lost a lot of seniors, so for class 3a im pickin one of those two,
Johnson Central (Im a little partial)
Prestonsburg will make a big run towards Papa John's this coming season. I'm predicting State-Semi's, but they have a real good chance of going to L'VILLE.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Hazard is returning just as much as pikeville is....and we beat them last year and the year before that.

And lost to them 42-6.
jetpilot Wrote:And lost to them 42-6.

Well guess what?? look who ended up playin in regional championship? it wasnt pikeville, they lost in the playoffs at their own field when it counted 15-14.
Should be about three or four private schools and one or two public.
jgrubby Wrote:Should be about three or four private schools and one or two public.

The private schools and the usual powerhouse public schools should dominate as always. But I wouldnt be surprised to see a few upsets in there....
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Well guess what?? look who ended up playin in regional championship? it wasnt pikeville, they lost in the playoffs at their own field when it counted 15-14.

Do you know how much that matters this year? NONE
You could have won state last year and it wouldn't matter anything this year
That was last year, this is this year, you can't base things to come this year from what happened last year
But if you want to consider things past for the seniors to come, Pikeville's senior class has a district AND region title under their belt, which gives them more experience
But that dosen't really mean anything because if it did Hazard wouldn't have pulled the up-set last year,
but that's not how things work so the only thing you can base an opnion on this year is which starters return and are replaced, how hard the teams work in the offseason and how much they can accomplish in spring/summer practice

I say it's WAY to early to pick who represents Eastern Kentucky next year at state, Pikeville,Hazard,Lexington Christian,Raceland and I think Holy Cross are the team's on the eastern side of the bracket that would be picked as some of the favorites to represent
Panther#42 Wrote:Do you know how much that matters this year? NONE
You could have won state last year and it wouldn't matter anything this year
That was last year, this is this year, you can't base things to come this year from what happened last year
But if you want to consider things past for the seniors to come, Pikeville's senior class has a district AND region title under their belt, which gives them more experience
But that dosen't really mean anything because if it did Hazard wouldn't have pulled the up-set last year,
but that's not how things work so the only thing you can base an opnion on this year is which starters return and are replaced, how hard the teams work in the offseason and how much they can accomplish in spring/summer practice

I say it's WAY to early to pick who represents Eastern Kentucky next year at state, Pikeville,Hazard,Lexington Christian,Raceland and I think Holy Cross are the team's on the eastern side of the bracket that would be picked as some of the favorites to represent

I completely agree...it is a new season with new players. Good post, it makes sense...I just hate it when people get on here and say they plan to demolish hazard next year and say last year was a fluke. Next year is different, and well see what happens next season. I have already also said it is WAY too early to predict next season, but yes Pikeville, Hazard, LCA, Holy Cross, Mayfield, and Raceland will be the favorites next year.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I completely agree...it is a new season with new players. Good post, it makes sense...I just hate it when people get on here and say they plan to demolish hazard next year and say last year was a fluke. Next year is different, and well see what happens next season. I have already also said it is WAY too early to predict next season, but yes Pikeville, Hazard, LCA, Holy Cross, Mayfield, and Raceland will be the favorites next year.

Yes, there's no point in bashing, it accomplishes nothing
But yea, Mayfield will be a favorite along w/ Beechwood,Frankfort and Bellevue I think? will represent on the Western side of the bracket
Panther#42 Wrote:Yes, there's no point in bashing, it accomplishes nothing
But yea, Mayfield will be a favorite along w/ Beechwood,Frankfort and Bellevue I think? will represent on the Western side of the bracket

I completely forgot about some of those teams.

Top 10 now(in no order):

1. Beechwood
2. LCA
3. Mayfield
4. Raceland
5. Pikeville
6. Hazard
7. Frankfort
8. Louisville Holy Cross
9. Bellevue
10. Trimble Co.(I think theyre 1a)
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I completely forgot about some of those teams.

Top 10 now(in no order):

1. Beechwood
2. LCA
3. Mayfield
4. Raceland
5. Pikeville
6. Hazard
7. Frankfort
8. Louisville Holy Cross
9. Bellevue
10. Trimble Co.(I think theyre 1a)
Trimble Co.? I've never heard of them, im guessing they're supposed to be pretty good if you'll put them in the top 10, can anyone fill me in on them?
Panther#42 Wrote:Trimble Co.? I've never heard of them, im guessing they're supposed to be pretty good if you'll put them in the top 10, can anyone fill me in on them?

I dont know much about them either so I put them at 10...I overheard some people talking about how good they are supposed to be next season, and I think I saw them in the 1a bracket last season...info on them would be good.
It's way to early!
Panther#42 Wrote:Trimble Co.? I've never heard of them, im guessing they're supposed to be pretty good if you'll put them in the top 10, can anyone fill me in on them?

i thought holy cross was from covington?
There is a Louisville Holy Cross and a Covington Holy Cross. Louisville is 1A and Covington is 2A.
The one thing that has killed Pikeville in the past couple of seasons is there inconsistency. You never know which Pikeville team will show up and play! When they are clicking, WATCH OUT! But then when they are not, they are HORRIBLE! And teams like that will have a hard time making it to the Pizza Box in Da' Ville!
Who knows, but I hope Breathitt, Taylor, or Campbellsville go.
Pages: 1 2