Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 84 Magoffin County 82
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Johnson Central
Mason Blair 47 points
Jacob Rice 12 points
Cole Crace 10 points

Magoffin County
Trenton Russell 28 points
Jaren Lovely 27 points
Ryan Mullins 15 points

Evenly called game
JC committed 31 fouls and shot 39 free throws
MC committed 27 fouls and shot 51 free throws

Johnson Central comes from 18 down in the 2nd half to get the win.

Big steal and layup by Dalton Collins late in the game.
Also, congrats to coach Tommy McKenzie on winning his 200th game at Johnson Central.
THOMCAT Wrote:Johnson Central
Mason Blair 47 points
Jacob Rice 12 points
Cole Crace 10 points

Magoffin County
Trenton Russell 28 points
Jaren Lovely 27 points
Ryan Mullins 15 points

Evenly called game
JC committed 31 fouls and shot 39 free throws
MC committed 27 fouls and shot 51 free throws

Johnson Central comes from 18 down in the 2nd half to get the win.

Big steal and layup by Dalton Collins late in the game.

58 fouls, 90 free throws. That is crazy.
15th region planning committee......

MOVE THE 15th REGION TOURNAMENT BACK TO THE HIGH SCHOOL GYMS!!!!!!!!!
Redneck Wrote:58 fouls, 90 free throws. That is crazy.

Tyrone Fields, Dale Conn and Jonathan Bogar. Need I say more.
Like I said in the prediction thread.... when Russell fouled out, Magoffin County fell apart.

Magoffin County has no bench players. Magoffin County had 3 players foul out, when they had to go to the bench, they looked like a freshman team.

If I was coaching against Magoffin, I would drive it every play.... make them foul me.
PULP!!!!!

How could you even see the game running around in that freakin Grimace suit????

Or where you the Hamburglar????
THOMCAT Wrote:Tyrone Fields, Dale Conn and Jonathan Bogar. Need I say more.

Enough said! They are horrible!
Trenton Russell fouling out was a huge part of the comeback as Magoffin had several turnovers and missed crucial free throws from some of the bench players. JC did not play their best at all but found a way to battle and win it in the end. This is the type of game that really bring a team together and have everyone buy in
The JC pep club had a picture of Tyrone missing a call and he crucified Magoffin. The ball team should buy the fans lunch for the win.
Tyrone seen the picture but why would he be sent to do that game . Very sad .
Cole Crace fouled out in the 3rd qtr.
Austin Davis fouled out in the 4th qtr.
Mason Blair got hit with a T in the 3rd qtr.

During JC's comeback in the 4th, they had two 8th graders on the floor.

McKenzie started subbing offense for defense in the 3rd qtr. and extending the game by fouling. It worked perfectly.
Magoffin's lack of quality bench players showed when it counted.
OffTheHook Wrote:PULP!!!!!

How could you even see the game running around in that freakin Grimace suit????

Or where you the Hamburglar????

[Image: tumblr_inline_nuwy7ba3gB1t8zmtb_400.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20150606052205]

Actually, I was sitting up in the rafters like Sting.

[Image: sting__hiding_in_the_rafters_by_knightnephrite.jpg]
JC plays @ Paintsville on 2/10 in their final regular season district game.

A win there puts JC, Sheldon Clark and Magoffin County in a 3-Way tie for 1st place.
All three teams would be 4-2. Each of those three teams having at least one Loss against each other on the road.

#BringOutThePingPongBalls
Mason Blair hit a three point shot with less than a minute from DEEP!!!!

Probably ten feet or so behind the three point line. He hit it on a catch and shoot being guarded like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm. The guy is Cray-Cray.
sportguy12 Wrote:The JC pep club had a picture of Tyrone missing a call and he crucified Magoffin. The ball team should buy the fans lunch for the win.

Someone needs to post the picture.
sportguy12 Wrote:The JC pep club had a picture of Tyrone missing a call and he crucified Magoffin. The ball team should buy the fans lunch for the win.

So Magoffin County shot 12 more free throws than Johnson Central and it's Tyrone's fault that they lost? I don't know why Tyrone is being brought into this it was Arnold Wheeler who missed the call. He didn't see Russell step out on the baseline because he was watching the ball instead of his area.
Magoffin got beat because they simply couldn't make free throws. They missed 22 on the night.
Did JC ride Lovely down the court? Yes BUT, when they did call the foul and put him on the line. He was missing as well. JC did what they had to do and that was foul...GET fouled...make their free throws, which allowed Coach McKenzie to sub and set up his press.
Russell should have never fouled out. Magoffin had a 14 or 15 point lead with less than a minute to play in the first half and what happens. Coach leaves Russell in with 2 fouls and he picks up silly #3.

MC was simply out Coached last night.
OffTheHook Wrote:Magoffin got beat because they simply couldn't make free throws. They missed 22 on the night.
Did JC ride Lovely down the court? Yes BUT, when they did call the foul and put him on the line. He was missing as well. JC did what they had to do and that was foul...GET fouled...make their free throws, which allowed Coach McKenzie to sub and set up his press.
Russell should have never fouled out. Magoffin had a 14 or 15 point lead with less than a minute to play in the first half and what happens. Coach leaves Russell in with 2 fouls and he picks up silly #3.

MC was simply out Coached last night.

:Thumbs:

100% agree.
Tyrone cheated Magoffin he fouled out 3 starters for them , I bet he don't call any more games against Magoffin
Collins fouled at the end of the game watch the video
Tyrone called the foul yo foul out Russel from half court . He is a sorry individual.
Tytone let them foul lovely all night , Blair takes 24 or 25freevtbrows
If they blew on Blair they called a foul and Blair had 2 hands on lovely all night and no call. Terrible.
Kind of ironic all this complaining about refereeing considering how the first matchup of these two ended at Magoffin
Mister D Wrote:Kind of ironic all this complaining about refereeing considering how the first matchup of these two ended at Magoffin

He is what I don't understand
How can someone be out coached when there kids miss 20+ FTs
Despite any refereeing mistakes Magoffin could have easily sealed up this game if they had not missed so many free throws that includes lovely who missed several key free throws as well. He had to be feeling a tremendous amount of pressure being the only scoring option left out there. Just like JC had a lot of motivation in going for revenge in this game Magoffin will be extremely motivated to not let this loss repeat itself at home in the district tourney
Lovely was the only scoring ,because Tyrone made sure Russell was out of the game .
You know that for a fact? Can you prove it? It's funny when you win great game by kids but lose its refs fault. Seems I read Magoffin missed enough free throws to win by 8. Whose fault is that?
This loss was Tyrone fault see if you ever see him do another Magoffin game. It's over now but , knows what he done .
Pages: 1 2