Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lee County 72 Owsley County 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Another good win for the Bobcats over the Owls! Lee finishes 5-1 in district and will have the #1 seed in the district tournament!

Way to go Lady Kats!
Congrats Lee... Clearly deserving the 1 seed.
So, Lee 1, Estill 2, Powell 3, Owsley 4?
^^ yes
Unless Estill loses all 3 remaining district games.
Either way, it will be Lee vs Owsley and Estill vs Powell in the first round of the district tournament.
Lee will need to be careful in that first rounder....
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Lee will need to be careful in that first rounder....

The only way I would be worried, is if the district tournament was at Owsley, but it's at Estill this year. They've played Owsley three times and beaten them by 21 and 17 at home and beat them by 8 at Owsley. I'm looking forward to another great game with Estill County.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Either way, it will be Lee vs Owsley and Estill vs Powell in the first round of the district tournament.

If Powell beats Estill, and Owsley beats Estill twice, both Estill & Owsley would be 2 & 4 in district games. Estill would be the 4 seed and play lee in the tournament. The Owsley loss to lee in the all A doesn't count in the seeding.
oldgrouch Wrote:If Powell beats Estill, and Owsley beats Estill twice, both Estill & Owsley would be 2 & 4 in district games. Estill would be the 4 seed and play lee in the tournament. The Owsley loss to lee in the all A doesn't count in the seeding.

Ok, so take away the All A game and Owsley is still 0-4 in district. I do see your point, but it's pretty far fetched to think that Estill will lose any of those games.
The district will hold some good games think all teams need to be ready to battle because stranger things has happened let's go lee county lady cats
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:The only way I would be worried, is if the district tournament was at Owsley, but it's at Estill this year. They've played Owsley three times and beaten them by 21 and 17 at home and beat them by 8 at Owsley. I'm looking forward to another great game with Estill County.

I agree..
I really hope Owsley gets overlooked in that first round matchup. We may very well lose a first round game but don't count the lady owls out just yet. Sometimes cockiness can come back to bite you in the ass. Here's to a healthy rest of season and tourney for all.