Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 86 Wolfe County 66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wolfe County was down 59 to 58 with 4 minute's left in the game with a 3 to take the lead. Missed shot led to a runout dunk by Tobler and then the next 2 minute's Wolfe County lost their heads and committed a couple of intentional fouls and a technicial and the 1 point deficit turned to a 12 point deficit and then Wolfe had to start fouling.
Perry Central is really good and Tobler is a man amongst boys.

Good game for Wolfe to build on.
Played really well for 28 minutes. But the game is 32 minutes long. Gotta finish.
If Perry shoots as good as they did in the first half no one can beat them. On the radio they was like 8-13 from 3 in the 1st half.
Perry is getting better every game, shooting the ball really good and the big guys are controlling the boards. This team will be special by tournament time
I was really impressed with Perry tonight. They are better than I thought they were.
Wolfe played really well in the first half and was down 12 at half.
Played even better in the 3rd and was still down 4 at the end of 3rd.
Played well into the 4th with a shot to take the lead. And then had one terrible 45 second stretch and Perry just blitzed them. Which is what good teams do.

Once it got tight, Tobler took it to another level.
Perry is 10-15 points better than anyone in the 14th region right now - the bigs guys underneath clean up everything - any other year and Wolfe may be a really strong regional contender but not with the team PCC has signed in free agency this past offseason - lol
So if I'm reading this correctly...
Perry scored 27 points in the final four minutes?
Mistaken on the score. It was 64-62 and Perry Ended the game on a 20 to 2 run.
I heard it was a 1 point game with 3 minutes to go. Perry must have gone wild from there on.
It wasn't as much what Perry did as what Wolfe did from how it sounded on the radio. Wolfe got a T after fouling on a layup and then Perry got another And 1 when they got the ball back. It went from a 2pt game to a 10-11 point game without Wolfe having a possession. Not sure if I've ever seen or heard of that happening before.
Fouls were 17 to 2 in the fourth from guy on radio. I don't care what defense anybody plays that's a huge difference. No wonder Wolfe played close
Perry is the team to beat for sure,but they are not unbeatable. I personally don't think they are 15 points better than everyone else in region. I have been known to be wrong though.
hitter Wrote:Fouls were 17 to 2 in the fourth from guy on radio. I don't care what defense anybody plays that's a huge difference. No wonder Wolfe played close

Free throw stats for the game.
Wolfe County was 10-13
Perry Central was 13-19

I must have overlooked how Perry Central was getting cheated.
Why is it when a small school plays a big school close it always ends up being because the refs? That 17-2 foul count is completely false if it was true Wolfe would have shot more than 13 FT's. Perry would have also probably had a few kids foul out. Wolfe played a really good game and Perry pulled away in the end.
I said that the guy from the radio said that not me. And who said anybody got cheated. The foul count could have included the first half too so that's how the free throw thing would have worked and I've said on other threads that Wolfe county is good. And in case you haven't noticed the 14th region officials aren't that good
I watch this game and Perry is 30 points better than Wolfe if they play anywhere else. If Perry breathe on them it was a foul.
I watch this game to. lol

Fouls for the game were
Perry Central was called for 15 fouls
Wolfe was called for 16 fouls

Perry shot 19 free throws
Wolfe shot 13 free throws

Perry must not have breathed on them to much if they only shot 13 free throws for the entire game.
If that's the case then how did Wolfe only shoot 13 FT's and Perry shot 19 FT's. If they called that many fouls on Perry wouldn't Wolfe been in the bonus most of the night? You people don't make any sense. Confusederiously:
Reds#1Fan Wrote:If that's the case then how did Wolfe only shoot 13 FT's and Perry shot 19 FT's. If they called that many fouls on Perry wouldn't Wolfe been in the bonus most of the night? You people don't make any sense. Confusederiously:
Well let's explain it like this: you only get to shoot the bonus on the 7th foul, so if you have only 15 fouls on Perry, that could of been 6 in the first half and 9 in the second so they would of only shot a couple times because they were in the bonus unless they were fouled on the shot...and since wolfe had 16 fouls they could of had 6 in the first half and 10 in the second which would to of led to 4 times they got fouled and got to shoot bonus free throws, so it matters how the foul count was in each half to determine when they were at the free throw line. Everyone is always concerned with foul counts, sometimes teams play a zone and the other teams press or teams shoot a lot from the outside and the other team presses, these are a lot of things that determine how the foul count goes, IT DOESN'T ALWAYS HAVE TO BE EVEN, like most people think, depends on the teams and how they play the game. :Thumbs:
Thank you for explaining the foul count people kill me when they go on with this. I also can't listen to the guys that speak on the Wolfe County radio. They make it sound like Wolfe County is the best and everyone are doing them wrong. It's like give the other team credit dang!
Equally Wrote:Thank you for explaining the foul count people kill me when they go on with this. I also can't listen to the guys that speak on the Wolfe County radio. They make it sound like Wolfe County is the best and everyone are doing them wrong. It's like give the other team credit dang!

Are you serious. Who said anything about Wolfe getting done wrong?
Just stating what the ft stats were for the game.

And who said anything about Wolfe County being the best?
We played good, still got beat 20 against Perry.

Pretty sure you the one on here who is always self promoting your team and your player. check the stats check the stats
Not one time have we got on here and self promoted our team as being the best or one of our players as being the best.

We played bad at Powell and got beat 20. Nobody's fault but our own.
Powell was the better team that night. No excuses at all.
Powell has a good team, pretty sure I stated that in my previous post.
Allow me to blow everyone's mind.

Sometimes you have more fouls than the other team simply because you fouled the other team more.
zaga_fan Wrote:Allow me to blow everyone's mind.

Sometimes you have more fouls than the other team simply because you fouled the other team more.

And we did that night. We fouled 16 times perry fouled 15.
They won because they were the better team. And they have the most physically dominant player in the region in Tobler. Kid is a beast.

Would be the best player on Any team in the region not named Letcher County Central.
Equally Wrote:Thank you for explaining the foul count people kill me when they go on with this. I also can't listen to the guys that speak on the Wolfe County radio. They make it sound like Wolfe County is the best and everyone are doing them wrong. It's like give the other team credit dang!

If you think they're biased/one-sided you should hear the two on the Stanton station that does the Powell County games.
14th region fanman Wrote:Are you serious. Who said anything about Wolfe getting done wrong?
Just stating what the ft stats were for the game.

And who said anything about Wolfe County being the best?
We played good, still got beat 20 against Perry.

Pretty sure you the one on here who is always self promoting your team and your player. check the stats check the stats
Not one time have we got on here and self promoted our team as being the best or one of our players as being the best.

We played bad at Powell and got beat 20. Nobody's fault but our own.
Powell was the better team that night. No excuses at all.
Powell has a good team, pretty sure I stated that in my previous post.

I'm not for just one team. If you've read any of my post I've talked about Wolfe county player, Estill ect. I just think it's only fair that boys that work equally hard in the 14th region get talked about and just not the same kids over and over. I no longer have a child that plays but I still keep up with the 14th region like many fans do. I'm sorry if I think that the guys that announce for Wolfe sound drunk half of the time but it's true lol. Also I looked it up Wolfe got beat by 21 to Powell not 20. Yes I do like looking stats up Smile