Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 61 Hazard 60
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The ship is sinking ? Does anyone think they can right the ship?
From what I understand, this was a case of the players play, the coaches coach, and the referees decide who wins.
Isn't that how it always is over in the 15th when out of region teams come to play? Worse than any other region. So ridiculous.
Lol that's the pot calling the kettle black!
Well no matter what people think ,that stuff happens all over the place. Not just in the 15th! Wolf beat breathitt last night, i'am sure some of that stuff happened over there too!!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Isn't that how it always is over in the 15th when out of region teams come to play? Worse than any other region. So ridiculous.

Oh my gosh the 14th region refs are crooked as they can be when the 15th comes there lmao
That is why no one wants to switch regions come tournament time with the 15th and the 12,13,15 and 16 all want the 14th. They are so bad no one wants them in region or not. WYMT case in point. Wink
Comments like that could be the reason your 14th region teams get such well called games when they play out of the 14th.
Warthog Wrote:Oh my gosh the 14th region refs are crooked as they can be when the 15th comes there lmao

No doubt the 15th are the worst in the state and with that said the 13th and 14th are not far behind them
Have seen Wolfe and Breathitt play several times in games this year Wolfe is the better team. Hazard has had the same mindset for the last 20 years " Cheated not defeated" I don't want to ruffle feathers but it's always the same excuse.
Big Hammer Wrote:Have seen Wolfe and Breathitt play several times in games this year Wolfe is the better team. Hazard has had the same mindset for the last 20 years " Cheated not defeated" I don't want to ruffle feathers but it's always the same excuse.

Lol hammer does hazard get cheated a lot
That's been their motto for at least 20 years. Don't matter the sport or the team. If the Hazard baseball team played a basketball game against the Cavs and come up short on the scoreboard ( I'm not going to say lost ) it would be the same cheated not defeated. I got a lot of friends in Hazard I would never want to make mad because I know they love their teams and kids,but come on sometimes the other team is just better. You feel me holler baller
Have seen these 2 play and ER is very physical. It can be intimidating in low. In the games I watched ER play they bumb you around quite a bit. Hazard just needs to get stronger.
If anybody can watch the last minute of this game and say the referees didn't decide it then they don't know much about basketball. Hazard was up 5 with less than a minute to go and the refs stopped doing anything. Hazard girl got pushed completely out of bounds on the basket where east ridge took the lead. I'm not exaggerating at all the east ridge player pushed her all the way out of bounds and the ref was standing right there. And the 15th region officials are by far the worst in the state
I will say I have seen some poorly called games this year. A few years ago,refs started calling Jr High games then j-v then varsity. I think the quality and importance of the Jr High and J-v has subsided and the refs aren't getting the experience that they need to move on up and ref a varsity game. I am not able to call a game,but I urge people to do so.
They are lots of refs calling varsity games that never played the game and they just don't understand the game at all. I agree they need more experience to do varsity games
I'M old school. I've not been around this game in many a year. I now have an interest in a young girl who is at KCC. I have watched as many games as I can get to and I have to agree with the ref thing. It seems that the home team is supposed to win the game if its close, unless you are in a different region. In that case you better be 20 points better or you have no chance. I think we get a lot of breaks at home, even the boys game with Cordia. They tried to give it to us , but we just couldn't capitalize. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. If I had control of scheduling for the 14th we wouldn't play in 15th region teams.