Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 72 North Laurel 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Manchester. Clay County finally gets over the hump and picks up a big district win.
This will be crazy at north when they play. I hope broughton foot ain't really broke like being said on facebook pages.
Best wishes and a speedy recovery for Broughton, North has absolutely no chance without him.
I didn't even notice that he got hurt. I hope it's nothing serious. He's a great player
Nice win Tigers
Predicted 70-66 Clay. Big win for the Tigers
Broughton actually got hurt on the opening tip, couldn't really jump like he normally could afterwards. Hopefully its not a break, because he did play the full 32 minutes after he got hurt. Couldn't have been more disappointed in the overall effort from North, just didn't seem to have any juice for a big district rival game, other than point guard Adam Sizemore. The Jags desperately miss Brian Gray, the one guy that can take scoring pressure off Broughton, and defensively you have to account for. Clay played a smart, efficient game, did a great job early of getting the ball deep to Gabbard and Rogers, then Sexton, Sams and Curry (who is a very impressive freshman, great basketball IQ) controlled things in the second half after North took a brief lead. North at full health might, MIGHT, be able to sneak out a district title at Clay, but it sure won't be easy.
Clay over North, Gray over Sizemore, bottom line!
I heard Adam Sizemore played well in this one. North does miss Gray I am sure
Once Sizemore steps across half court, he is in range! Excellent shooter. It will certainly be interesting at North next Tuesday night!!! As mentioned in an earlier post...I hope Broughton doesn't have a broken foot. I saw him play last summer at KBA amongst top tier talent and he has the skills to compete with most anyone. Well played game by the Tigers. Had Gabbard not gotten in foul trouble, I think Clay wins by 15+. Any estimation as to when Gray will return to the lineup for North?
Congrats Tigers!!

Sup with all the broken feet this year??

I haven't seen Clay play this year, but I can imagine. They are one of six teams that could easily represent the 13th.

As far as Broughton is concerned, besides his obvious talent, this kid is so poised and cool. He impressed me the first time I saw him play.
The Tigers got the win they needed. Got a lot of confidence heading into the next week game at North.
I have never seen a program under achieve so much!! This group at NL beat everyone in middle school that are juniors and seniors now, I really thought this would be their year. IDK!!!:igiveup: