Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If you are the Raiders who are you takin with the 1st pick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
JaMacus Russell-QB LSU
Brady Quinn-QB ND
Joe Thomas-OL-Wisc.
Calvin Johnson-WR-G-tech
Or Trade it

I would take Quinn myself, who would you guys take?
Gotta take a QB & gotta go with the big man. Jamrcus Russell of LSU. I wouldn't be surprised if Al Davis went with Calvin Johnson. Davis likes those recievers. Be fun to watch CJ#2 & Moss running (or jogging if Moss feels like it) down the field together but then agian who would throw them the ball...
Gotta go with Jamarcus Russell. The oline can't protect the QB and just one addition to the line isn't going to help that. They need a QB who will be able to take the lumps and bruises while staying in the game. Russell also adds the ability to break a tackle and extend a play. The WRs they have are a good vertical group, but the line can't get the QB enough time to develop the deep routes. Russell also has the big arm that can throw those hard to make deep passes.

The offensive line can be addressed in Free Agency as well as later rounds in the draft. Luke Pettigout of the Giants was even cut today. He would be a solid addition.
If I were the raiders I would try and get Jake Plummer from the Broncos because they need a leader and a player that wants to win and cares about winning at the QB first! IMO I think that Calvin Johnson is the ONLY can't miss target in the draft!
Jake "The Snake" Plummer? hahaha yeah right. Maybe a few years ago but don't go get a QB that won't be there for the longhaul.
I think you go with Russell.
I think you go with Russel, he's a QB like Culpepper was with Moss at the Raiders and can be mobile then bomb deep balls to Moss.
Gotta go with Jamarcus Russell
BFritz Wrote:I think you go with Russel, he's a QB like Culpepper was with Moss at the Raiders and can be mobile then bomb deep balls to Moss.

I meant was with Moss at the Vikings
I would go with Russel too.
Russell all the way. Hes a whale of a quarterback.
Russell, I agree he is alot like Culpepper.
JaMarcus Russell, but dont be surprised maybe if randy moss it set up in a trade with another top 10 pick team because Brady Quinn has been showing late 10 in latest experts picks, so i guess we will wait and see.
I hate to be mean, but I would pick a new owner!
^lmao.
A good QB
BelfryJustice Wrote:I hate to be mean, but I would pick a new owner!

haha! I was watching the Sugar Bowl, and the announcers were talking about Russell, saying he can throw it 80 yards standing flat footed, 65 on his knees and 40 setting on his butt. Now that my friends is amazing! Theres no doubt you have to pick Russell if your the Raiders.
-STATS- Wrote:haha! I was watching the Sugar Bowl, and the announcers were talking about Russell, saying he can throw it 80 yards standing flat footed, 65 on his knees and 40 setting on his butt. Now that my friends is amazing! Theres no doubt you have to pick Russell if your the Raiders.

I go back to my point of being similar to what Culpepper and Moss had
I agree they should get Russell!
The first thing they should do is trade the entire team, and owner. The Raiders have not fallen they have dive bombed in such a few years. if it were me I would try to get someone like a Jeff Garcia to stabalize this team. Or see what the Giants would take for the battleship he would at least be able to sling the ball down the field, which is what Al Davis has always looked for in a QB.

plain and simple until they look at the braintrust this team will go nowhere fast.
They Put A Lot Of Money In Aaron Brooks Even If He Is Not Worth It So I Think They Take O-linemen To Protect Qb Because If You Can"t Protect Qb It Does Not Matter Who Qb Is.
Garcia would be a great fit since he is a Cali guy anyways!
Jamarcus Russell
I'd like to say Russell, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Johnson go. The guy has about a 4' verticle jump, needless to say good hands and speed. Just throw it up in the endzone and he probably has a good shot at getting you the score. Oakland has Aaron Brooks at QB, he's mobile and has a good arm....regardless of who they choose the offense is still going to be bad because they have the worst line in the NFL. They just flat out stunk it up....hate being critical of my team, but facts are facts. Hopefully they can turn it around so I can actually look forward to watching them play on Sunday's again.
Johnson is my favorite player and BY FAR the most athletic can't miss prospect in the draft! But Oakland has that type of player and he is a waste there. Brooks is AWFUL, and was a USELESS pickup, but like IRISH4 mentioned, who knows how good players are because there line is so horrible! That team needs leaders and a head coach that tells players like it is instead of the sofa coaches in Art Shell! Oakland has so many problems in so many different aspects of the game and has for forever now.
Tim Couch would make a great fit he has never had anyone block for him so he would fit in fine.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Tim Couch would make a great fit he has never had anyone block for him so he would fit in fine.

The thread asks who they should take 1st pick. Unless Tim went back to school he will no be in this draft.
15thRegionX Wrote:The thread asks who they should take 1st pick. Unless Tim went back to school he will no be in this draft.

I think it was just a little joke much like the Raiders are today!:ChairHit:
Doc Holliday Wrote:Tim Couch would make a great fit he has never had anyone block for him so he would fit in fine.
Oakland actually already contacted Tim this winter. 14 other teams have contacted him and Tim is up to 250 lbs and is a RIPPED BEAST! Said this is the best him and his arm has EVER FELT!
I would love to see him back in the NFL
Pages: 1 2