Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 47 Johnson Central 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not much to say about this one.... Paintsville came to play some ball tonight.

JC may have one of the best defensive teams to ever step on the floor for their school, but they can't score.

The rematch should be pretty good.
Paintsville is holding teams to below 46 pts a game. They have beaten FOUR Mnt Top 10 Teams by double digits. AND they came to play tonight? They are undefeated in the state of KY. Their only defeat is to a team....without Lannzani I might add....is to a TN Team that would beat ANY team east of I75.
When are people gonna show this team some respect? Could JC, SV or Pikeville beat them?.....YES
BUT....THEY ARE GOOD!!!
And if the 2 Pburg girls get declared eligible....look out!
Tigers are rolling
Paintsville really is the best girls team I have seen in this region. Maybe the best in the mountains. They are the clear favorite until someone beats them imo. As an SV fan, I hope it's us but it will take a heck of a game...
OffTheHook Wrote:Paintsville is holding teams to below 46 pts a game. They have beaten FOUR Mnt Top 10 Teams by double digits. AND they came to play tonight? They are undefeated in the state of KY. Their only defeat is to a team....without Lannzani I might add....is to a TN Team that would beat ANY team east of I75.
When are people gonna show this team some respect? Could JC, SV or Pikeville beat them?.....YES
BUT....THEY ARE GOOD!!!
And if the 2 Pburg girls get declared eligible....look out!

I'll show them some respect. Most know that I'm a die hard Golden Eagle fan but after watching last nights game it's my opinion that Paintsville is the top team in the region and it's very possible that they are the top team in the mountains. I came away very impressed by them last night.Their guards are athletic and can handle and shoot the ball very well. Their bigs are also very very good and efficient. The biggest improvement from seasons past however is having Les Trimble as the head man on their bench. I thought he done a fantastic job making adjustments and getting his team to play through a tough physical ball game. Congrats to Coach Trimble and his team.
Coach Booth Wrote:I'll show them some respect. Most know that I'm a die hard Golden Eagle fan but after watching last nights game it's my opinion that Paintsville is the top team in the region and it's very possible that they are the top team in the mountains. I came away very impressed by them last night.Their guards are athletic and can handle and shoot the ball very well. Their bigs are also very very good and efficient. The biggest improvement from seasons past however is having Les Trimble as the head man on their bench. I thought he done a fantastic job making adjustments and getting his team to play through a tough physical ball game. Congrats to Coach Trimble and his team.
I seen paintsville play an Harlan county play an I'd give the edge to Harlan, I seen fantastic group of girls all who deserve to win, but I don't see anyone on paintville's team being a sure fire d-1 player, an Harlan has one an if the big girl keeps playing like she has been she will play d-1. But i'am sure that laintsville has one or two they could work theresevles that way before the end of there careers! Good luck two both schools! I'am glad my team plays in the 14th!!
hillbilly cat Wrote:I seen paintsville play an Harlan county play an I'd give the edge to Harlan, I seen fantastic group of girls all who deserve to win, but I don't see anyone on paintville's team being a sure fire d-1 player, an Harlan has one an if the big girl keeps playing like she has been she will play d-1. But i'am sure that laintsville has one or two they could work theresevles that way before the end of there careers! Good luck two both schools! I'am glad my team plays in the 14th!!

Congrats to paintsville very good team and definitely the best in the 15th. Harlan county has got a D-1 player and it's gross. Everyone knows why Green got her offer not saying nothing negative about her but Gross is the best player on that team
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Congrats to paintsville very good team and definitely the best in the 15th. Harlan county has got a D-1 player and it's gross. Everyone knows why Green got her offer not saying nothing negative about her but Gross is the best player on that team

Not saying that we would win or loose. Would love to watch the game for sure either way. That being said...I think we could give them a run and it would be a fun game to watch. Lanzani....for us....would be a great match up for Gross.

Two good teams that would make for a great game.
Sorry but Green got her offers because she can play basketball. She is the ultimate team player. She could put up big numbers bus she does what her team needs her to do to win. D1offers are not just handed out as favors.
Back to the topic.

Congrats Lady Tigers. Coach T and his staff has these girls playing very well.
It was kinda odd seeing Les in blue & white coaching against Darrin in a girls game.

Or for me it was anyways.
new o Wrote:Sorry but Green got her offers because she can play basketball. She is the ultimate team player. She could put up big numbers bus she does what her team needs her to do to win. D1offers are not just handed out as favors.

Sorry new O but apparently you don't know much about this situation , she's a great player but not hardly that good
I'm not familiar with the situation you are referring to at HC, but I'm guessing you are talking about Green being the daughter of the coach. For Gross that would be a plus and here's why. From the games I've watched, Green gets pulled first when the lead is at a safe margin, Gross continues to play. Green gets to hear criticism 24/7 when Gross gets to go home. The coach knows what it takes to be D1 being that she herself was a D1 player and therefore works her kid harder than Gross. ALL YEAR LONG! If you think being a coaches kid is somehow a benefit from that perspective, you are badly mistaken. Green is a team player and can score multiple ways, not just from the FT line and 2 ft out. Green is legit. If you think college coaches have the time to just casually drop by HC gym from Louisville, UCONN UK and UCLA to do the coach a favor you are again badly mistaken. The reason Gross is not being recruited by a D1 school is because of her size in her position. Green can play 1-5 in high school but will likely just be 1-3 in college. Gross is a 5, but will get killed at that position in college and isn't versatile enough to adjust. The same coaches that watch Green also see Gross at the same time, if she was what you say, the offers would pour in just as they have for Green. Both girls are good and they have a chance to be a very special team, both played well in the WYMT and in their season so far. When individuals get on here and make comments about players who have multiple D1 offers not being better than girls who have no D1 offers, that just make you look silly or jealous, probably both.
bball lover Wrote:I'm not familiar with the situation you are referring to at HC, but I'm guessing you are talking about Green being the daughter of the coach. For Gross that would be a plus and here's why. From the games I've watched, Green gets pulled first when the lead is at a safe margin, Gross continues to play. Green gets to hear criticism 24/7 when Gross gets to go home. The coach knows what it takes to be D1 being that she herself was a D1 player and therefore works her kid harder than Gross. ALL YEAR LONG! If you think being a coaches kid is somehow a benefit from that perspective, you are badly mistaken. Green is a team player and can score multiple ways, not just from the FT line and 2 ft out. Green is legit. If you think college coaches have the time to just casually drop by HC gym from Louisville, UCONN UK and UCLA to do the coach a favor you are again badly mistaken. The reason Gross is not being recruited by a D1 school is because of her size in her position. Green can play 1-5 in high school but will likely just be 1-3 in college. Gross is a 5, but will get killed at that position in college and isn't versatile enough to adjust. The same coaches that watch Green also see Gross at the same time, if she was what you say, the offers would pour in just as they have for Green. Both girls are good and they have a chance to be a very special team, both played well in the WYMT and in their season so far. When individuals get on here and make comments about players who have multiple D1 offers not being better than girls who have no D1 offers, that just make you look silly or jealous, probably both.
I know she's a good player and deserves a lot of credit but i also understand how the system works and if you think it not an advantage then you are silly no you just don't understand yourself. I'm for all the kids to do well and they are several kids that get overlooked and some have a paved path. Just the way it is
A great example in this case is Kendall Noble.. Never got a look from Kentucky and she was and is a lot better player than Green. If you think her mother hasn't influenced her recruiting trail, you are obviously naive.
Anybody that plays for a college makes connections at that school. I'm sure coach Green did at U.K., and is now using her pull for her daughter. I've got nothing against that as I would do the same for my kid. I've watched Harlan several games this year and Gross is their best player. Now you make a good argument about moving to the college level because Gross will have a tough time competing down low at a D1 school. That don't change the fact that right here right now Gross is the better player. Blair Green is a good player and I hope she does well as a cat,but some of those names you're throwing around I doubt are offering her scholarships. Just my opinion
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:I know she's a good player and deserves a lot of credit but i also understand how the system works and if you think it not an advantage then you are silly no you just don't understand yourself. I'm for all the kids to do well and they are several kids that get overlooked and some have a paved path. Just the way it is

I completely understand how the system works. Let me educate you. Not all good hs players can make it in college, big or small. If all it took was being the child of a coach then the following would be playing, Whitley's Anderson, Mitchel at Harlan City, Burchell from Clay would be somewhere else beside ALC (nothing wrong with ALC but according to your logic she should be somewhere bigger). In addition, how the heck did Kendall Nobel get recruited and Coach Napiers' girl didn't since her dad is the All-Time winning girl's coach? This isn't the 80's, the main reason D1 coaches even come to a high school game is to support someone they want at their school. Heck, talk about connections, Jeff Shepherd's girl isn't even being recruited by UK - go figure? I doubt that Coach Green has any connections at UK, she left in 88. Scholarship are valuable, college coaches have only a limited number available every year, again, if you think they are giving these away to subpar players because of who their mommy/daddy is you need to call one of them up and let them laugh in your face.
Trust me, if you can play, you wont be overlooked.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:A great example in this case is Kendall Noble.. Never got a look from Kentucky and she was and is a lot better player than Green. If you think her mother hasn't influenced her recruiting trail, you are obviously naive.

Well, lets say for arguments sake, I am naïve. And Green only got her scholarship offer because of her mother and her connections to a college she played for only one season. Please explain to me her connections to the following schools that she has received OFFERS from: Louisville, UCLA, Tennessee, Vandy, Oklahoma, Georgia, Washington, Dayton & Indiana (see harlandaily.com for articles for fact check). Also, when these schools watch her play in the summer with Nike Elite and exposure camps and call her up with an offer, her mother IS NOT the coach. Her mother doesn't have any pull with ESPN when they rank her in top 20. The only influence her mom may have is encouraging her to stay close so she can travel to watch her child play. BTW, these schools have visited and watched Green practice at HC, I'm sure Gross was at practice that day: UK, UL, TN, Vandy, UCLA, UCONN, Oklahoma and Dayton. (fact check at harlandaily.com) Yes UCONN came to Harlan Co.
bball lover Wrote:Well, lets say for arguments sake, I am naïve. And Green only got her scholarship offer because of her mother and her connections to a college she played for only one season. Please explain to me her connections to the following schools that she has received OFFERS from: Louisville, UCLA, Tennessee, Vandy, Oklahoma, Georgia, Washington, Dayton & Indiana (see harlandaily.com for articles for fact check). Also, when these schools watch her play in the summer with Nike Elite and exposure camps and call her up with an offer, her mother IS NOT the coach. Her mother doesn't have any pull with ESPN when they rank her in top 20. The only influence her mom may have is encouraging her to stay close so she can travel to watch her child play. BTW, these schools have visited and watched Green practice at HC, I'm sure Gross was at practice that day: UK, UL, TN, Vandy, UCLA, UCONN, Oklahoma and Dayton. (fact check at harlandaily.com) Yes UCONN came to Harlan Co.

Not saying she don't deserve any of this, but I am saying because of her mom she gets the opportunity that many others may not. It's just how life is. Whitney Creech can play circles around Green but because her mom and dad didn't have ties to UK and Kentucky Premier, she did not get the special treatment and recognition she deserved. O yea, by the way Green is not in the top 20 on ESPN (fact check)
bball lover Wrote:I completely understand how the system works. Let me educate you. Not all good hs players can make it in college, big or small. If all it took was being the child of a coach then the following would be playing, Whitley's Anderson, Mitchel at Harlan City, Burchell from Clay would be somewhere else beside ALC (nothing wrong with ALC but according to your logic she should be somewhere bigger). In addition, how the heck did Kendall Nobel get recruited and Coach Napiers' girl didn't since her dad is the All-Time winning girl's coach? This isn't the 80's, the main reason D1 coaches even come to a high school game is to support someone they want at their school. Heck, talk about connections, Jeff Shepherd's girl isn't even being recruited by UK - go figure? I doubt that Coach Green has any connections at UK, she left in 88. Scholarship are valuable, college coaches have only a limited number available every year, again, if you think they are giving these away to subpar players because of who their mommy/daddy is you need to call one of them up and let them laugh in your face.

Every major college coach gives subpar scholarships even Cal at uk does this so apparently you don't pay much attention to it.If you think she don't have connections at uk you are crazy. She is a good player and i think the way the girls basketball program at Kentucky is heading she will be able to play there and hopefully she can. Good luck Blair! !!
BallerFromTheHoller Wrote:Every major college coach gives subpar scholarships even Cal at uk does this so apparently you don't pay much attention to it.If you think she don't have connections at uk you are crazy. She is a good player and i think the way the girls basketball program at Kentucky is heading she will be able to play there and hopefully she can. Good luck Blair! !!

I don't think she has connections at KY but you do, so what are they, specifically, what are they since you seem to know the "situation"? And if coaches are in the habit of giving out scholarships to subpar players, and yet your girl doesn't have one of those, maybe that should tell you something. I'm not commenting on any kid, but you don't have to put Green down to pump yours up. BTW, you're not just disagreeing with me, you are disagreeing with every college coach that has made an offer to this young lady. What qualifies to you say whether Gino should or should not send a coach to Harlan Co? Better yet please tell me her connections to all those universities other than UK that have made her an OFFER for a full ride?
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Not saying she don't deserve any of this, but I am saying because of her mom she gets the opportunity that many others may not. It's just how life is. Whitney Creech can play circles around Green but because her mom and dad didn't have ties to UK and Kentucky Premier, she did not get the special treatment and recognition she deserved. O yea, by the way Green is not in the top 20 on ESPN (fact check)

What opportunities? The player you mentioned was on a AAU team that traveled and played in front of the same colleges as Green, and I believe she was with the Premier for a short time. That girl you mentioned was invited and attended Big Blue Madness just like Green. That girl traveled to work out with Gannon Baker and Green did not, that was quite an honor Green hasn't had. And that girl received state and national attention due to her leading the state and nation in scoring. But yeah, she didn't have the same opportunities as Green. Give me a break. BTW, fact check, hoopgurlz has Green as 42nd overall player in the class of 2018 but she is 8th IN THE NATION, in her position. You can also see what the experts in the field have to say about her instead of me on the same website by ESPN.
You have to agree that Green is not in the same conversation as Morris as a player....
Have to wait and see, Green is still just a junior.
Why is this conversation/argument going on in the Paintsville vs JC thread
I know a great deal about that situation. Green can play if not UK,UL and several other major D1 schools would not have offered.
new o Wrote:I know a great deal about that situation. Green can play if not UK,UL and several other major D1 schools would not have offered.

Lol you know about everything
No one said everything. But I do not know a little about recruiting. College coaches are hired to win, that's their job. So they are not going to sign kids that cannot win at that level. I support all mountain kids and their ability. Not going to put them down. Best of luck Blair on your future at UK😉
Redneck Wrote:Why is this conversation/argument going on in the Paintsville vs JC thread

Good point. The rematch @ Paintsville should be a pretty good game.

This one is done.