Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 85 Powell County 72
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from John C. Combs Arena
powell county played hard but they also played dirty. I believe in hard fouls but I don't believe in trying to intentionally hurt any player from any school. this game was over early, perry pulled the reigns in the second quarter but give powell credit they didn't give up.
Shannon played 9 kids tonight and I want to thank him for doing so.
Paparazzi Wrote:Shannon played 9 kids tonight and I want to thank him for doing so.

That will hurt him in the long run.
That Hernandez kid can shoot it. Dang...he came in with a bang in the 3rd.
Powell has a good team but they can't match up with Perry's height. I didn't see the game but my guess is that was the deciding factor. I figured this game would be around a 10-12 point game and that's what it was.
hitter Wrote:powell county played hard but they also played dirty. I believe in hard fouls but I don't believe in trying to intentionally hurt any player from any school. this game was over early, perry pulled the reigns in the second quarter but give powell credit they didn't give up.
I was at this game, and I do not know what you are calling dirty play? When did dirty play become the same thing as playing hard? Were there some hard fouls? Yes. But for Powell county to be out sized the way they were and to still battle the way did, I give them credit. Don't bash a program for dirty play when it didn't happen. That's uncalled for. When it comes tournament time, Powell is gong to be a tough out for somebody.
Powell is tough
[quote=hitter]powell county played hard but they also played dirty. I believe in hard fouls but I don't believe in trying to intentionally hurt any player from any school. this game was over early, perry pulled the reigns in the second quarter but give powell credit they didn't give up.
Powell played dirty?? You're being sarcastic I hope lol
go back and watch the film. one of perrys big boys was going in for a wide open dunk with nobody around him and a powell player comes up from behind him and pushes him with both hands in the middle of the back without making any attempt what so ever for the ball. that's definetaly dirty. and another one was when tobler had the ball at half court and went around his defender and the defender tried to trip him after he was already by him. the acc suspended grayson allen for that. and DEER PARK I don't understand what your saying, because perry had bigger players that makes powell entitled to foul them harder. what if tobler would have done the same thing to the small point guard for powell, that's what everybody would have been talking about. powell does play hard but there was dirty play
i watch two of PCC games. way does the other team trying to shot over these boys. run into them every time, they might get the block. but if they are not up and down. it is a foul. each one of them only get 5 fouls. every block that I saw from them they arm wasn't up and down. so that would be 5 easy fouls.
I was checking something that someone have told me. that JBS didn't have them two boys listen last year. but the KHSAA web site JBS have Idris Akinyemi as a SO and PCC got him as a SR. and Princewill Anosike as a JR and PCC SR so this one is right. how did that one move up a grade.
cj2561 Wrote:I was checking something that someone have told me. that JBS didn't have them two boys listen last year. but the KHSAA web site JBS have Idris Akinyemi as a SO and PCC got him as a SR. and Princewill Anosike as a JR and PCC SR so this one is right. how did that one move up a grade.

Well take that up with JBS both the boys were juniors last year and seniors this year. Typically how things go. No need to attempt to start unnecessary drama bud.

We got one person saying they are 20 and the next saying one should be a sophomore....haters everywhere
Megget Wrote:Well take that up with JBS both the boys were juniors last year and seniors this year. Typically how things go. No need to attempt to start unnecessary drama bud.

We got one person saying they are 20 and the next saying one should be a sophomore....haters everywhere

Nickname: Commodores
Coach: Shannon Hoskins
Region: 14
District: 54
Roster:
#
Name
Position
Yr.
#
Name
Position
Yr.
Idris Akenyemi
PF, C
Sr.
Richard Cornett
PG/SG
Jr.
Princewill Anosike
PF, C
Sr.
Kameron Davidson
G
Sr.
Noah Back
Guard
So.
Austin Hill
Guard
Sr.
Chandler Caudill
SG/SF
Jr.
Jayden Neace
SF/PF
So.
Jordan Caudill
PG/SG
So.
Jacob Popp
SG/SF
So.
Noah Caudill
SF/PF
So.
Damon Tobler
Forward
Sr.
Dylan Chaney
PG/SG
So.
Sam Turner
Center
Jr.
Dylan Combs
SG/SF
So.
Jacob Woolum
Forward
Jr.

there PCC.

Nickname: Crusaders
Coach: Elisha Justice
Region: 14
District: 53
Roster:
#
Name
Position
Yr.
#
Name
Position
Yr.
Idris Akinyemi
Forward
So.
Hunter Hammond

So.
Princewill Anosike
Forward
Jr.
Dalton Hylton
Forward
So.
Elijah Branham
Guard
Jr.
Dalton McCown

So.
Evan Caudill
Guard
Fr.
Erric Sexton

Jr.
Nick Cornett
Guard
Fr.
Chase Short
Guard
Fr.
Caleb Cox
Guard
Fr.
Steven Silvers
Guard
Sr.
Izaeyah Dotson
Guard
Fr.
Daniel Snow
Guard
Sr.
Jared Hall
Guard
8th
Cage Watts
Guard
Fr.
Lucas Hall
Guard
Fr.

there JBS.
Megget Wrote:Well take that up with JBS both the boys were juniors last year and seniors this year. Typically how things go. No need to attempt to start unnecessary drama bud.

I was just asking way did one school have him as a SO, and the next year at PCC he is a SR.
[quote=cj2561]i watch two of PCC games. way does the other team trying to shot over these boys. run into them every time, they might get the block. but if they are not up and down. it is a foul. each one of them only get 5 fouls. every block that I saw from them they arm wasn't up and down. so that would be 5 easy fouls.[/QUO
First thing is that if the refs called like that then there would be no players after the first quarter. And if you run into a player then the foul should be on you. Last thing the rule says the defender has a plane from the floor to the ceiling. So the defender can actually be jumping straight up and down and still take a charge. People think you can't move to be able to take a charge. Not true
hitter Wrote:go back and watch the film. one of perrys big boys was going in for a wide open dunk with nobody around him and a powell player comes up from behind him and pushes him with both hands in the middle of the back without making any attempt what so ever for the ball. that's definetaly dirty. and another one was when tobler had the ball at half court and went around his defender and the defender tried to trip him after he was already by him. the acc suspended grayson allen for that. and DEER PARK I don't understand what your saying, because perry had bigger players that makes powell entitled to foul them harder. what if tobler would have done the same thing to the small point guard for powell, that's what everybody would have been talking about. powell does play hard but there was dirty play

There is a lot of wrong in your reasoning. First of all, the ACC didn't suspend Grayson Allen, Coach K did. So that's your first mistake. Two, you admitted it yourself, Powell does foul hard. They have an old school coach that probably teaches that if you're gonna foul then make sure it's a good one. I see nothing wrong with that. Three, no one got tripped on purpose nor did anyone get pushed with two hands straight in the back. Quit trying to start drama by calling a team dirty. It's uncalled for.
Well first off you said no one was around so if no one was around how can one be pushed from behind. Second you said Tobler was already past his defender and the defender tried to trip him. Well if he was already passed him how in the heck could be try and trip him?? You just made yourself look stupid. No one was around that big guy when he tried to dunk it he was wide open and missed it lol... Good try though Wink
cj2561 Wrote:I was checking something that someone have told me. that JBS didn't have them two boys listen last year. but the KHSAA web site JBS have Idris Akinyemi as a SO and PCC got him as a SR. and Princewill Anosike as a JR and PCC SR so this one is right. how did that one move up a grade.

JBS evidently had a lot of things wrong on paper with these guys lol
hitter Wrote:[quote=cj2561]i watch two of PCC games. way does the other team trying to shot over these boys. run into them every time, they might get the block. but if they are not up and down. it is a foul. each one of them only get 5 fouls. every block that I saw from them they arm wasn't up and down. so that would be 5 easy fouls.[/QUO
First thing is that if the refs called like that then there would be no players after the first quarter. And if you run into a player then the foul should be on you. Last thing the rule says the defender has a plane from the floor to the ceiling. So the defender can actually be jumping straight up and down and still take a charge. People think you can't move to be able to take a charge. Not true

that rule just like college, NBA, and everyone that play basketball. the rule say up and down ( I can't spell that P word that mean up and down). that mean you arms have to be over your head not over your face, and the player arms can't come down if they do it is not a charging foul but a blocking foul.
You. Enter go back and check. Grayson Allen was suspended 1 game by the acc, coach k was out with back surgery. Second if somebody goes around a defender can't the defender try to trip him from behind? Talk about looking stupid. And third nobody was around the big man until the Powell player ran from behind and pushed him with 2 hands. And the rule says the defender has a plane from floor to ceiling. Have you all ever watched basketball
hitter Wrote:You. Enter go back and check. Grayson Allen was suspended 1 game by the acc, coach k was out with back surgery. Second if somebody goes around a defender can't the defender try to trip him from behind? Talk about looking stupid. And third nobody was around the big man until the Powell player ran from behind and pushed him with 2 hands. And the rule says the defender has a plane from floor to ceiling. Have you all ever watched basketball

You must not have been watching this game lol😂😂😂😂