Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell 2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that there are several threads on here about powell football next year but they are insane. Can we start a civilized thread about Powell on here. Post your opinions about the team and the players coming back. Lets start over in Powell Co.
were going to be good i know we are
i think powell will be okay if everyone can get on the same page. the line has to be one unit, last season coach melton tried and tried to pound this idea into the line, but hardly anyone went with it. with returning player derrick blackford, who was indeed seen in the halls of powell county today and in gym class joking around with his next qb. with billy rice getting faster and faster, he is quick now, basketball has done wonders for this kid, he will be a top qb in the new 3A class that powell is moving into next season. im not saying powell will win the state, but it could be the first winning season in powell county history, the one goal coach jones couldnt accomplish and if he would stay around one more season he would most likely accomplish that, but coach has decided to leave. with elam, ledford, and howell blocking for blackford so he can run, and blocking for rice so he can use his nice arm to his recievers, powell should be okay next season, but everyone has to be on the same page reading the same playbook. good luck guys.
Very thing starting to shape up for powell co. We got are great running back back this year. The linemen are big and most of them have two or three years playing vasrtiy football. Having a new coach come in. I think we are going to have a great seasons.
If Mike Whitaker gets the job then Derrick will have to use his hands along with his lightning legs .. the offensive line can be good this year if they continue to work hard and a coach brings the potential out of them.
if powell is anything like 06 or any other year ive ever seen em i dont know how u expect them to be good. not trying to put powell down but this year russells 1st d only played 6 plays before gettin taken out. and i wanna know who is derrick blackford. ive never heard that name before seeing his ridculous posts on this web site. is the guy even good?
Derrick blackford started for grc this year.
I hope that the New Coach coming in can turn this program around.
sorry JustTrying, but what exactly is grc?
bizmark Wrote:sorry JustTrying, but what exactly is grc?

you must not follow all of kentucky sports. im willing to say you are probably the only that follows high school sports at all who dont know who grc, just so this wont happen again grc is clark county, they are a pretty good football team in the state of kentucky. they are also good at basketball but this is football thread. derrick blackford is a great running back, billy rice is a great quarterback, with these 2 guys and the 5 oline, if they step up powell will have their first winning season. i am embarassed for you that you followed powell county football and have not heard of derrick blackford. thats like not knowing who ryan romans is for the basketball team.
stroked Wrote:you must not follow all of kentucky sports. im willing to say you are probably the only that follows high school sports at all who dont know who grc, just so this wont happen again grc is clark county, they are a pretty good football team in the state of kentucky. they are also good at basketball but this is football thread. derrick blackford is a great running back, billy rice is a great quarterback, with these 2 guys and the 5 oline, if they step up powell will have their first winning season. i am embarassed for you that you followed powell county football and have not heard of derrick blackford. thats like not knowing who ryan romans is for the basketball team.

haha buddy i dont follow powell coonty. i played for the mighty red devils and i saw that sorry football team once a year alright. and i guarantee you derick blackford aint gonna give these guys a winning season. i doubt those 7 dudes would have been worth 56 points against us when we thrashed em this year to the tune of 55-0
ok....derrick blackford i a great runningback and yea russell has a great football team but dont get on here and put powell down....its getton to be bulls***.....if your only going to put powell down then dont even open a thred with powell co involved on it...
i was tryin to be nice about it until Stroked tryed to make me sound stupid
JustTrying Wrote:Derrick blackford started for grc this year.

So you are saying that Derrick was a Member of Clark County's football team this year (2006) and participated in their games????
yes, but he is back at Powell county this semester.
Ok bizmark .. you may have played for a good program but you are really representing them and what coach maglone taught you with ur class that you show on here .. just remember that next time you post something.
no baseballking, read the earlier posts and you'll see that i was trying to be respectful until stroked had to speak up and try to make me look dumb. i aint gonna have that guy talk to me like a little kid and not say nothin back to him. and im just statin the facts 1 or 2 people cannot turn a terrible team, and powell is a terrible team, into a good one
Yea bizmark, one person can, and that would be Mr. Mike Whitaker which could be the possible new coach .. i will bet he turns Powell Co. around
well bizmark, be respectful and let stroked be the thrashtalker, that just proves that you are the better person.
Ne wayz, back on subject, powells season is riding on who gets the coaching job, the talent is there and the support has came along, so whoever gets the job will have to be a coach and coach the kids to lead powell to success
They will have another long season IMO!
i just found outthat when you say clark county you mean george rogers clark. why would somebody in their right mind transfer from frc to powell co.
its grc not frc and its because he lived in powell co his whole life and wanted to move back
my bad the f is right beside the g. but still why would you wanna go from a winner to a loser? no tryin to talk bad about powell but thats the truth. grc is a very good football team and powell will be lucky to win 3 or 4 games it just doesnt make sense to me
its gonna take a lot more than a couple of players to help powell...you have to have some type of feeder program and frankly powell's is a joke. you need to be taught fundamentals in the third and fourth grade like at russell. the jfl at russell would rival any other area for a great feeder program. when powell first started a football team they should have put a jfl in immediatley and have people down there who know what their doing, not just people who watch a lot of football...people who have played it and know the fundamentals....its hard to find that in powell because they haven't had a team that long, so therefore you have a bunch of parents who only know what they see on tv about football teaching kids fundamentals about football
How many starters do the Pirates return on each side of the ball?

Who should be some of their major contributors for the 07' campaign?
What does Powell have this year? This is a good questoin. Everyone is putting them down on here. Could someone explain who they have coming back and why they are horrible? Thanks
Does anyone know the 2007 Powell Co. Scedule? This should tell alot about them this year. Has had some very good competition in district play the last few years.
powell has alot of returning players who started last year....so it may be a ok season
we have alot of people returning. we have some new people coming out this year. I think are running game is going top be big because derrick has the line he use to. he smart and quick to hit the holes and he not afriad to truck people over. Then we have big bill as quaterback and some are recivers are quick and can cacth the ball pretty good. We play the best agianst team we never play agianst. So we shoulhave a preety good team.
Pages: 1 2