Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan county. Gets another call
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the end of the 3rd there was 1.4 seconds on the clock. Harlan county threw it in to Carmichael he caught the ball and north laurel tipped it away and Carmichael got the ball back then took 2 dribbles and shot from 8 feet behind the 3 point line and hit the shot and the horn sounded. This was what I was saying about the refs having to know that sometimes the clock doesn't start and you have to go against it
Carmichal best player on the floor....period!!!
Score???
Score
Yeah. Broughton just got 55 points. Carmichael is real good but not the best player on the court
Harlan County did NOT get another call. The clock didn't start when it should've and THAT has been going on all night.
Harlan county won by 4 points so the 3 at the end of the third was huge
Yeah but they got it when north was along a run and that hurt them bad. The officials have to waive that off. It's not even close
What are the players supposed to do hitter? Stop the game and tell the clock keeper that he needs to turn the clock on??

It's NOT a Harlan County problem!!!
I didn't say it was I said the refs should have waved it off. It has nothing to do with Harlan county players or any players. Both teams played hard but the officials have to know how much time is on the clock and call it accordingly
People I assure you the problem is not with the clock keeper. We had a discussion about the first Harlan game and he told me he started the clock when the ref lowered his arm. I'm sure he done the same tonight. He has been running the clock for 40 years.
He did last game but he was way late this time. I'm sure it was an honest mistake but the refs have to know when to wave it off and sometimes you have to before the horn sounds
Rested assured, if Perry is up tomorrow night in the finals late the clock will start on time. Lol
did everybody watch sports overtime and see carmichals end of the 3rd quarter three. he supposedly done all of that in 1.4 seconds I think. we timed it 3 times and it took over 4 seconds all 3 times the refs?
Paparazzi Wrote:People I assure you the problem is not with the clock keeper. We had a discussion about the first Harlan game and he told me he started the clock when the ref lowered his arm. I'm sure he done the same tonight. He has been running the clock for 40 years.

I don't know how long he's been running the clock, but it's not started when it was supposed to on numerous occasions. Carmichael's 3 to end the 3rd, literally took almost 4 seconds for the horn to sound after he touched it with 1.9 on the clock. There's a very clear replay of it on Jamie McCracken of Wymt's Twitter. I think it was the start of the 3rd period of the PCC-MC game, that it didn't start for about 6 seconds after it was in bounded. Whether it's the operator, refs, or faulty clock, something has been very, very poor during this Wymt.
Broughton 13-34 from the floor; 27-30 from the line. 55, but took him A LOT to get there. Carmichal had a smooth 32
The most points don't equal the best player every time
I actually saw a stat earlier where if you count Peyton's shots that he was fouled on, he actually put up 61 shots. That's incredible! It looked like the other players were basically just standing and watching him. North would be a better team if the wealth were spread a little. I like the Asher kid and thought he had an advantage down on the block, but the kid literally took a handful of shots.
^I know!! Asher received few entry passes. But you can't take anything away from Broughton! He was cool as a cucumber all game, and the kid really impressed me. I hadn't seen NL play this year, and didn't know how well he played the game.
The timekeeper starts the clock when the ref chomps in time. Luck, skill, and electronic variance is a part of the game.
I will put everyone's mind at ease and speak to my friend the clock keeper and you can rest assured that Harlan co will not get any extra time tonight. Lol
A ref can only go by the clock when it starts. He is suppose to signal the the clock to start with chopping it in. But he has no control or power to overturn when the clock actually starts.
Two big breaks I. Two straight games that helps getting to the finals .
Brought on is great player no doubt but he did put up a lot of shots. If Carmical puts up that many I'm sure he would get that many points or even more
Carmical the best shooter in the tournament