Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Have we lost interest in WWE's Pay-Per-Views?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The WWE Network is awesome, the best $9.99 you can spend if you are a professional wrestling fan.

But has the WWE Network made Pay-Per-Views fell less important?

Did paying $49.95 mean we looked more forward to a PPV than we do now?
Now, we get a pre-show, the event and a post-show.... and we can watch the event as soon as it's over as many times as we want.

To me, PPV's now feel like we're watching an episode of Saturday Night's Main Event or Clash of the Champions. Big matches with top talent, but the actual event doesn't feel all the special. We get a few gimmick matches, but nothing over the top like we (I grew up watching the late 80's/to early 2000 wrestling) used to get on PPV's. I guess our brains tricked us all those years expecting wild and over-the-top matches and events cause we were paying to be entertained instead of having instant access to the complete WWE/WCW-NWA/ECW video library.
To many of them now, they need to just have 12 a year and be done with it.

Same thing with Raw and Smackdown on back to back nights, its to much in a short window.
plantmanky Wrote:To many of them now, they need to just have 12 a year and be done with it.

Same thing with Raw and Smackdown on back to back nights, its to much in a short window.

I agree 100%.

12 PPV's is enough.... no specials like Road Block. Make the Big 4 the main draws with the other 8 transition shows.

And space out Raw and SmackDown Live.

Storylines have went from books to paragraphs.
If 49.95 is what it takes to get me excited for wrestling - I quit.

There are a lot of PPVs and it waters them down, but I don't know that I'm ever really looking forward to them outside of Mania, Rumble, Survivor Series (sometimes) and Summer Slam. Sometimes a storyline will intrigue me and I'll want to watch something else.

Does it break my heart that I don't get butterflies over "Road Block: End of the Line"
Nope. Let em' make their money.
zaga_fan Wrote:If 49.95 is what it takes to get me excited for wrestling - I quit.

There are a lot of PPVs and it waters them down, but I don't know that I'm ever really looking forward to them outside of Mania, Rumble, Survivor Series (sometimes) and Summer Slam. Sometimes a storyline will intrigue me and I'll want to watch something else.

Does it break my heart that I don't get butterflies over "Road Block: End of the Line"
Nope. Let em' make their money.

zaga_fan dropping knowledge like a Admin-a-hater does.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:zaga_fan dropping knowledge like a Admin-a-hater does.

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:
I recall the only PPV's were Royal Rumble, Mania, Summer Slam, and Survivor Series. And RR was the main lead in to Mania.
I think they need to have 14-15 PPV's a year...have a month or two or three where both Smackdown and Raw each have one and then the other PPV's have a combined show with Smackdown and Raw superstars. I do agree that Raw and Smackdown back to back are too much. Move Smackdown to either Thursday's or Friday's....Thursday's would be better for ratings...