Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Border bowl 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard that the Border Bowl has been moved and going to be played in Gatlinburg, Tn.,? Someone told me University of the Cumberlands didn't want it anymore. Just thinking it had to help the Cumberlands with recruiting
Agreed, I think coach Bland was a big proponent of it because it allowed him to recruit his home state of Tennessee as well as ky. If I were rhymed I would try to do something similar. Maybe go back to the original east ky vs east tn all star game type of thing. Or mountains vs Lexington/central Kentucky.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Agreed, I think coach Bland was a big proponent of it because it allowed him to recruit his home state of Tennessee as well as ky. If I were rhymed I would try to do something similar. Maybe go back to the original east ky vs east tn all star game type of thing. Or mountains vs Lexington/central Kentucky.
that would make sense as far as competition level too
baller1989 Wrote:Heard that the Border Bowl has been moved and going to be played in Gatlinburg, Tn.,? Someone told me University of the Cumberlands didn't want it anymore. Just thinking it had to help the Cumberlands with recruiting
You are correct. Sevier County High School
Sevierville, TN

http://www.kytnborderbowl.com/
baller1989 Wrote:Heard that the Border Bowl has been moved and going to be played in Gatlinburg, Tn.,? Someone told me University of the Cumberlands didn't want it anymore. Just thinking it had to help the Cumberlands with recruiting

That's disappointing. I probably won't go to another one.
Talk about a border battle, why doesn't Belfry play Mingo Central?
That's definitely what I'd want to do because rhymer is doing so much better than bland did :biglmao:
You'd think any coach would want to keep it because of the recruiting possibilities. Stupid move but it doesn't surprise me with it being cumberland.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Talk about a border battle, why doesn't Belfry play Mingo Central?

Because it would be a big gate the first time than after that people wouldn't come watch it people don't like to see a lopsided game Coach Haywood schedules teams that helps make us better and us beating a team by 50 wouldn't help us and before you say there a better team than they was I already went and watched them that's why we don't play them
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That's definitely what I'd want to do because rhymer is doing so much better than bland did :biglmao:
You'd think any coach would want to keep it because of the recruiting possibilities. Stupid move but it doesn't surprise me with it being cumberland.

You'd think they'd keep Bland and itConfusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That's definitely what I'd want to do because rhymer is doing so much better than bland did :biglmao:

Gatlinburg is a tourist trap a little too far from the border. I would think the Border Bowl helped the whole town of Williamsburg.
When does the rooster come out
proud44pirate Wrote:When does the rooster come out
. He usually starts crowing at sunrise. LOL. Not sure, a few kids have already been notified, but I have not seen an official roster.
Congrats to Somerset RB Jordan Doan on the selection.
Congrats to Southwestern's Austin Daulton on the Selection.
Currently holding offers from Eastern Illinois, and Murray State

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2932989/austin-daulton
Where can you find the roster for the 2017 border bowl?