Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #6 Kentucky 103 #7 North Carolina 100
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from the CBS Classic in Las Vegas!

Malik Monk goes beast mode and puts up 47 points! :yikes::yikes:
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Final from the CBS Classic in Las Vegas!

Malik Monk goes beast mode and puts up 47 points! :yikes::yikes:

Just the booster shot I needed after UK beat Louisville in football! :biggrin: I can't remember a UK freshman ever getting 47.
That may be because no other Freshman has ever scored that many in one game.

I tell you when we got down by 2, and he hit the 3 from the corner, I nearly wet myself.
TheRealThing Wrote:Just the booster shot I needed after UK beat Louisville in football! :biggrin: I can't remember a UK freshman ever getting 47.

Because it never happened before tonight. The previous freshman record was 36 points by Murray and Terrance Jones.
Jarons Wrote:Because it never happened before tonight. The previous freshman record was 36 points by Murray and Terrance Jones.

Couldn't remember is Jay Shidler came close to that or not but after I looked it up his best was 18.
Monk's monumental game over shadowed the fact that Fox topped his highest scoring in a game.
Great game. They better learn to rebound. As long as they shoot with that consistency and break down man defenses like today, they will go a long way. But, if they're shooting is off, espicially on the road in SEC, they can't afford to give up cheap buckets off offensive rebounds.
Special team if Bam can stay on the floor
Malik Monk is the best Basketball Player in UK History. All of the Old-Timers are going to throw up Dan Issel, but Issel never was the all-around player that Monk is in less than a dozen games in college. The younger crowd will go with Davis, but Davis relied on others for his offense. This kid right now looks like an NBA All-Star who has been demoted to college. In the long list of lottery picks under Cal, Monk may turn out to be the best at the next level.
We can thank the NBA for having the 1 year in college rule, otherwise he would have gone straight to the NBA from HS.