Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owsley 64 Buckhorn 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Booneville. Owls rolled tonight.
Streetoutlaw Wrote:Final from Booneville. Owls rolled tonight.

Any details?
Another easy one.
Owsley led by 20 early and had it on cruise control by the half. They got good performances from Gibson(triple double), Murray, and birch. Still had a couple of starters out but looked really good on both ends. Young players are finding their groves and team seems to be coming together. Really moving ball and sharing well. Gibson looked excellent as a facilitator last night showed a complete game.
Two more eighth graders stepped up last night and gave good performances. The team has lots of room to grow but you can see improvements each game. This team has a high ceiling.
What are the numbers on Gibson's triple-double?

I agree with the above poster in that this is an extremely young team, with the only juniors being Gibson and Burch and no seniors. It's made up mostly of 8th and 9th graders. I'm not sure about McQueen but I think she's 10th grade. They'll get better every game.
The Powell loss in the previous game was a simple case of Gibson fouling out with almost 7 minutes left in the game with Owsley holding a double digit lead. If she plays the entire game they win by 15. A good learning lesson for the team and great experience for the younger players, but I wish it could have been a regular loss and not a district one in order to learn that lesson, lol.