Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 68 Powell 78
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good job Powell
Congrats Powell. Any Stats??
hicks and campbell were shut down, hicks hit a couple 3's but romans proved that no one can stop him as he helped pull out the win. not too sure on the stats but pelfrey had 20 romans had a bunch, hicks not sure. it was fun to watch towards the win. this should say how much of a contender powell is in this region. good job powell.
stroked Wrote:hicks and campbell were shut down, hicks hit a couple 3's but romans proved that no one can stop him as he helped pull out the win. not too sure on the stats but pelfrey had 20 romans had a bunch, hicks not sure. it was fun to watch towards the win. this should say how much of a contender powell is in this region. good job powell.
Well I dont know who he is but if he couldn't be stopped then I'm sure I would have heard his name before.
Arbys Man Wrote:Well I dont know who he is but if he couldn't be stopped then I'm sure I would have heard his name before.
If you haven't heard his name, that just means you don't keep up with the 14th region. He has been doing this to teams all year.
JustTrying Wrote:If you haven't heard his name, that just means you don't keep up with the 14th region. He has been doing this to teams all year.
Im not from the 14th and all I hear of is Stepp and Hicks.
Arbys Man Wrote:Well I dont know who he is but if he couldn't be stopped then I'm sure I would have heard his name before.

Just ask any coach in the 14th region who Ryan Romans is. Im sure that they will tell you. No one in the 14th region can stop him. I'll back that with anything.
Ok, Ryan Roamans leads the 14th region in rebounding and averages about 19 points a game. Very strong and able to take over a game. You have heard of clark stepp, because of his name. If you had seen him play, you would believe he is over hyped. As for Justin Hicks....the real deal. Played great tonight. You should come and watch Ryan Romans play. He has dominating teams in other regions also.
Big win for Powell, congrats.
I just looked at both of the teams schedule and seems to me Hazard looks much better. Loss to Knott County by 24 and Lee by 13. Hazard has beat both of those teams. I havent seen the Powell kid play but I have seen Hicks play in the Lexington Tourny. I dont know much about 14th Region players but it seemed to me Hicks is the best in the 14th.
I picked Powell in the upset@!
anyone know romans and hicks stats?
Hicks is good. I agree 100% on that. But there is no stand out best player in the 14th region. Or best team. Everyone has there nights. Any team can be beat on any night. As far as Romans goes he is the best big man in the 14th region as Hicks prolly is the better player b/c of his all around game.
Congrats Powell
Arbys Man...just to let you know in tonight's game ryan romans had 20 rebounds and 27 points-his 3rd game out of the last 6 with 20+ rebounds and 20+ points in a game...Ryan is also top 10 in the state for most rebounds averaged in a game...AND the sports caster for Lex18 News said (quoted) "He is a monster"...(that was on the Lex18 news @ 11)
wow thats all i can say..This is a shocker to me. I have not seen powell play this year but they are 4 real! Congrats powell
hicks and romans are the 2 best players in the region. romans has the paint covered hicks can shoot from any where, he pulled up tonight from the second volley ball line and nothing but net was the answer. hicks was well guarded for 3 quarters. he was quiet until the 4th when he nailed several very long range 3's and kept the dogs in the game. romans was making noise the whole game. he is tough to guard. he can take a defender and make them look bad in so many ways. i love to watch him play. i love to watch powell play because they play as a team. hazard plays as a team on nights. tonight they was not.
Nice win Powell
I dont get it. What happened? The dawgs better get it together and start playin the kind of ball they were playing in the ALL A or their season will go from good to real bad. It's ok tho, lets take this loss and work on our weaknesses and win the next one. As i was always told by my coach," If u mess up, play the next play."
Congrats to powell... Great win...Romans had yet another outstanding game...he is by far the best in the region... you cant stop him in the paint... powell defintley has a chance of winning region this year.. Good luck pirates!!!
Hazard didnt really play that bad imo. They just had a little bit of trouble running with Powell. Both teams was careless with the basketball. Turned it over many times both ways. Both teams played good basketball but Powell is more deep and in better shape and it showed. Imo that was the difference in the score.
stroked Wrote:hicks and campbell were shut down, hicks hit a couple 3's but romans proved that no one can stop him as he helped pull out the win. not too sure on the stats but pelfrey had 20 romans had a bunch, hicks not sure. it was fun to watch towards the win. this should say how much of a contender powell is in this region. good job powell.

The refs shut down Campbell. He probably only played about 6 or 7 minutes before fouling out. Poor called game. Bailey also fouled out early in the fourth and P Campbell didn't see action tell late in the third. As for shuting Hicks down...he had 27 points and at least 10 assist. I don't know how you define shut down...but I don't think that is.

I will give Powell credit they shot lights out. They must have shot 50 %. Romans is a decent player, to bad he's not 6 5 or 6 6. I don't know what they list him, but I would think he's no more that 6 1. but I do believe Campbell could have handled him had he had the chance. Maybe they will meet again in the regionals. One can only hope, I would love to see a rematch.
congrats Powell
Survivor Wrote:The refs shut down Campbell. He probably only played about 6 or 7 minutes before fouling out. Poor called game. Bailey also fouled out early in the fourth and P Campbell didn't see action tell late in the third. As for shuting Hicks down...he had 27 points and at least 10 assist. I don't know how you define shut down...but I don't think that is.

I will give Powell credit they shot lights out. They must have shot 50 %. Romans is a decent player, to bad he's not 6 5 or 6 6. I don't know what they list him, but I would think he's no more that 6 1. but I do believe Campbell could have handled him had he had the chance. Maybe they will meet again in the regionals. One can only hope, I would love to see a rematch.

Dude, I thought that the game was called fair on both ends. Both teams got away with stuff and got calls. The refs didnt shut Campbell down. He shut his self down by making poor decisions. Going over peoples back and trying to block shots is what fouled Campbell out. I do have to praise him for his hardiness and hustle, the kid played hard all night. He never slacked off. Powell may not have shut down Hicks as good as its posted on here but they did shut down Hazard in general. They had several good oppertunitys to take over the game but failed to capitalize on them. I dont know how young this Hazard team is but they just couldnt get the job done when there was an oppurtunity to. Romans is about 6'3 and I have yet to see someone handle him.
Dude, don't get to caught up to much in this win. It was on your home floor and yes, Hazard has beaten much better teams this year than Powell. Enjoy, and don't worry to much about how young this team is, just ask JBS how good they can play when there's something on the line. Hope to see you in the region. I didn't see the Hazard / Powell game, but was given info from a very reliable source to post on this site.
Ryan Romans is 6'1 and his heart is what makes him as good as he is. There is no one that wants to win more than him and anyone who wants the ball more than him. One good thing is that he knows what to do with it when he gets it. I'm pretty sure that most people that try to guard Ryan down low end up fouling out. A good player and coach knows how to foul players out. Congrats powell and Coach Lively.
Survivor Wrote:Dude, don't get to caught up to much in this win. It was on your home floor and yes, Hazard has beaten much better teams this year than Powell. Enjoy, and don't worry to much about how young this team is, just ask JBS how good they can play when there's something on the line. Hope to see you in the region. I didn't see the Hazard / Powell game, but was given info from a very reliable source to post on this site.

This game wasn't important??? It is game game in the region and it is a game that builds confidence going into the district and regional tourny. Hazard had something to play for. I'm sure they didn't just drive down to Powell to lose.
JustTrying Wrote:This game wasn't important??? It is game game in the region and it is a game that builds confidence going into the district and regional tourny. Hazard had something to play for. I'm sure they didn't just drive down to Powell to lose.

Congrats on the confidence build. What I was saying was, it was not a regional title game, that'a when it really counts.
It was a good win for Powell
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:I dont get it. What happened? The dawgs better get it together and start playin the kind of ball they were playing in the ALL A or their season will go from good to real bad. It's ok tho, lets take this loss and work on our weaknesses and win the next one. As i was always told by my coach," If u mess up, play the next play."
You got beat. You got beat. Play the next play and then get beat at that.
Pages: 1 2