Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frozen toddler's father also faces sex charge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A man angry his toddler daughter wouldn't go to bed knocked her unconscious and left her to die outside in single-digit temperatures, police said.

The frozen body of Nyia Miangel Page, who was about to turn 2, was found Sunday at an abandoned playground about a 10-minute walk from the family's home.

Tiny footprints in the snow suggest she had gotten up and wandered around before she died, police said.

Her father, William Lorenzo Page, 23, of Braddock, was arrested Wednesday on charges of criminal homicide, kidnapping, false reports and simple assault.

He has been in custody since Sunday, when he was charged with sexually abusing another child shortly before Nyia died.

Page, who did not have an attorney at his arraignment Thursday morning, was jailed without bond.

Page told police he woke up early Saturday and found the girl awake and playing near a mirror in the hallway, according to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday night. He said he got angry when the girl wouldn't go back to bed and he hit her so hard she lost consciousness, the complaint said.

Police said Page told them he took the girl outside wrapped in a blanket and left her, still breathing, beside railroad tracks near a bridge.

Police said a T-shirt, a pair of women's underwear and a Pittsburgh Steelers "Terrible Towel," all found in Page's basement, appeared to have bloodstains.

An autopsy determined Nyia died of hypothermia, but the Allegheny County medical examiner ruled the death a homicide because investigators said it was unreasonable to assume the child had made it alone to the playground, which is on a wooded knoll.

The toddler would need to have climbed 17 snowy steps to get there.

Authorities could only guess how long Nyia, wearing only a sweater and a diaper, could have survived in temperatures that hovered around 2 degrees Saturday morning.

"Given her size, she would have been rendered incapacitated very quickly," Allegheny County Medical Examiner Karl E. Williams said Thursday. "She'd been out so long, when we found her she was frozen."

A witness saw Page enter his house Saturday morning from the direction where his daughter was found, police said.

He was back out on the street about an hour later, saying he was looking for the girl and telling the witness, "Somebody took my daughter," according to a criminal complaint.

Nyia's mother told police she last saw the girl after Nyia tried to crawl into bed with her parents about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. The mother told police she put the youngster back into her own bed in an upstairs room.

Police, emergency crews and bloodhounds searched in 20-degree temperatures for most of two days before finding the little girl's body.

The sexual abuse charge against Page came as police investigated Nyia's disappearance.

Police said another child in the house told investigators that sometime overnight Friday, Page entered a bedroom, covered the child's mouth with one hand and touched the child's genitals with the other. The child said Page then left the room, followed by Nyia, police said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/08/toddler...index.html
This makes me sick, people like that deserve the death penalty.
Same here, makes me sick as a dog to read things like that. And I also agree about the death penalty, he deserves it big time.
Im sorry Death is too easy and too quick for him.

People like this deserve to suffer hard and for a long period of time. Im not sure what or how it should be done when someone is this evil then they need to envoke a form of Hammurabi's code of equal punishment for the crime, strip him down, give him nothing, no food, no water, and drop him off in antartica in subzero temps and wish him luck.
Punishment for acts like these can't be severe enough.
Doc Holliday Wrote:Im sorry Death is too easy and too quick for him.

People like this deserve to suffer hard and for a long period of time. Im not sure what or how it should be done when someone is this evil then they need to envoke a form of Hammurabi's code of equal punishment for the crime, strip him down, give him nothing, no food, no water, and drop him off in antartica in subzero temps and wish him luck.
Punishment for acts like these can't be severe enough.

I would probably do the same, but I dont think I would even wish him luck.
Heartbreaking....
Death is too easy and quick, but our Justice System's a joke. Our Constitution and the foundation our country is built on is all good and proper, but it allows people to receive punishment a lot less severe than they give out.

Call me cruel, call me inhumane, but I've never killed a todler.............
"Dear God, I know that there are times when I am bad, and need correction, and I know that sometimes I step out of bounds, and for that I aplogize. But please God, just let me be the guy, someway, to hand down the punishment to this man created by Satan. If you allow me to do this, I will promise that I will try even harder than I am now to be a better person."
Dont send him to prison. Dont send him anywhere but to me. Give me a week with this guy. Even the devil himself would be asking me to take it easy on him. It wouldnt be quick, and it would be nothing but pain, torture, and torment. I would find a way to spare his life at what I would consider the end of his line. Then I would repeat the process. Let us begin. First, let starving animals chew off his fingers and toes....put him in a room with brick walls, and a concrete floor. On top of the walls, line pictures of his daughter so he will be able to think about why he's in there. Set the temp at zero degrees. Line the floor and cover with broken glass and salt..and the walls with nails 1/2 inch thru..for fun, throw marbles at him and watch him fall, and the glass rip his body apart..when he looks like he is about to freeze to death, turn the temp up to about 80 to thaw him out, then shoot him with either pellet guns or .22 cal bullets in his legs...repeat. Substitute pellets and .22 cals with darts next round. Do this until football season begins.
I hope he dies! Piece of ****!!!!
This is exactly the crime that we discussed so much last week. This is the type of crime that should be reserved for the most severe punishment known to man. I have to say that I totally agree with you on this one Tideshoss32. It takes a very sick individual just to strike a child in this manner, but to leave a 2 year old out in 2 degree weather is appalling. I will never understand how anyone could hurt a child that is a gift from God. I am not so sure that this individual will freeze to death, but I am very sure that he will be very hot when he arrives at his final destination. His heart is as cold as they come!

Tongueuke:
He dervers to be beaten to death! I hope rats eat out the back of his eyes!!!
Knock him out and put him in a freezer!