Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Single Wing 77 Wrote:And who is hurt when a kid is ruled ineligible? Is it the recieving school? Is it the school that the kid left from? Or is it the kid? The ONLY thing that is hurt is the kid. Motivations are of no concern. Corbin has had kids transfer OUT, and never argued about it because the only person hurt is the kid. That kid is not going to play for north next season, or ever, and nothing north can do will change that. That kid was not recruited, and no one from bum county is being recruited, even though you are trying everything you can to throw out accusations on here.

That being said, a PARENT'S motivation to move their kid may be purely sports related, if it is it's THEIR business. I don't know, and I don't care. The way I look at it, if a family is unhappy with the situation their in, and want to make a legitimate move to another situation then it's their decision. Like I said, I don't care if it's to or from Corbin. Or anywhere else for that matter. It's about the KIDS, if it's not about the KIDS then everyone involved needs to get out of working with KIDS! I look at Kyle wiltjer for an example. That kid was in a bad situation at U.K., he transferred and was able to shine at gonzaga. It was the best move for him, and I rooted for him to succeed. Although, if that kid does get eligible, and is able to contribute at Corbin next season, it says a lot about Larkey's ability to evaluate talent.

Speaking of recruiting, how long do you think it will take ole DUD to get the pipeline into Harrogate, Oneida, western Harlan county, eastern McCreary county, and Southern Knox county back up and running? Dudley used to have every player within a 20-30 mile radius of the school playing for him. But let's just forget about that. The argument could be made that "kids want to play for a great coach". That's true at Corbin too, just because our coach was born after world war 1 doesn't mean he isn't great.

The cheating scumbags across the state always use words like we don't have to recruit, We have the best coach ever etc.
If a kid is a 9th or 10th grader and has a better JR or SR ahead of him and gets mad and leaves then it has nothing to do with talent. It has to do with playing time.

My school has had a few kids leave thinking they were better and thought they would get more playing time and now they are sitting the bench wanting to come back because they arent as good as they thought and have better players ahead of them in class.

The KHSAA cant just let kids leave schools for playing time.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:And who is hurt when a kid is ruled ineligible? Is it the recieving school? Is it the school that the kid left from? Or is it the kid? The ONLY thing that is hurt is the kid. Motivations are of no concern. Corbin has had kids transfer OUT, and never argued about it because the only person hurt is the kid. That kid is not going to play for north next season, or ever, and nothing north can do will change that. That kid was not recruited, and no one from bum county is being recruited, even though you are trying everything you can to throw out accusations on here.

That being said, a PARENT'S motivation to move their kid may be purely sports related, if it is it's THEIR business. I don't know, and I don't care. The way I look at it, if a family is unhappy with the situation their in, and want to make a legitimate move to another situation then it's their decision. Like I said, I don't care if it's to or from Corbin. Or anywhere else for that matter. It's about the KIDS, if it's not about the KIDS then everyone involved needs to get out of working with KIDS! I look at Kyle wiltjer for an example. That kid was in a bad situation at U.K., he transferred and was able to shine at gonzaga. It was the best move for him, and I rooted for him to succeed. Although, if that kid does get eligible, and is able to contribute at Corbin next season, it says a lot about Larkey's ability to evaluate talent.

Speaking of recruiting, how long do you think it will take ole DUD to get the pipeline into Harrogate, Oneida, western Harlan county, eastern McCreary county, and Southern Knox county back up and running? Dudley used to have every player within a 20-30 mile radius of the school playing for him. But let's just forget about that. The argument could be made that "kids want to play for a great coach". That's true at Corbin too, just because our coach was born after world war 1 doesn't mean he isn't great.

Kyle Wiltjer also lost a year of eligibility for transferring. If it was enforced in high school you'd see a lot less transfers. I know they have the rule but it is rarely ever used.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Don't know, doesn't mean I like it. I stand by my statement. If Corbin talked to them it is their fault. Yes the kid gets hurt , life is not fair when adults mettle, who's to blame, Corbin. If they broke the rules. You better wake up if you truly think that Corbin has not spoken with the kid from Bell. Matter of fact they are not the only one. Are you saying Dudley does it, so it is OK for Corbin? I don't think it is Ok for anyone to do it. Not really following the reasoning. Sounds like your saying it is OK to recruit Corbin kids you will release them and not fight it? I am asking where do you stand on recruiting?

My stance on recruiting is that I'm against it. I don't think it's right to offer a kid something to come play for your school, whether it be playing time or whatever. The point of my previous post was to state that not every kid who moves to a new school (whether it be for academics, because they bought a new house, because they got evicted from their old house, because their parents got a new job, etc) doesn't mean that they were recruited. Now you can get on a website and be a keyboard warrior all you want.

As far as WE goes, I'm not a part of the school system in any way. I'm just a guy who likes to go watch the redhounds, and I keep up with the goings on as best I can. I don't know anything connected to the kids being mentioned and to write about something I don't know about would just be spreading rumors anyway. I honestly don't think Corbin went to London to recruit a kid who didn't get into the field last season at north. News flash, Corbin is a better football team than north. If that kid struggled to get on the field for north then he will probably struggle to get on the field here. Unless of course he struggled to get on the field because of politics. Like I have always said, great programs recruit themselves, Corbin doesn't have to go get kids.
DDP5 Wrote:Kyle Wiltjer also lost a year of eligibility for transferring. If it was enforced in high school you'd see a lot less transfers. I know they have the rule but it is rarely ever used.

I get that, of a move is purely for sports a kid should lose a year of eligibility, I'm saying that some kids move for reasons other than sports, if that is the case, then I don't think a kid should lose eligibility.
I understand what you are saying. However, if you are not that close to the program and just enjoy watching how can you say they don't when others they have proof they do? Just curious. What makes you think that Corbin is above recruiting a kid?
PRIDE101 Wrote:If a parent moves a kid for sports , that too is against the bylaws of the KHSAA handbook. So better have another explanation.

You probably still believe in the tooth fairy
What's surprising to me is that North Laurel is the ones primarily whining about recruiting. They're no saints themselves.
AnswertheBell Wrote:I understand what you are saying. However, if you are not that close to the program and just enjoy watching how can you say they don't when others they have proof they do? Just curious. What makes you think that Corbin is above recruiting a kid?

If there is proof then what is stopping bell from going forward with it? It sure as heck isn't because bell and Corbin like each other so much! Im just being honest about what I KNOW where others are obviously trusting their SOURCES. I don't know for a fact that Corbin didn't recruit anybody, I would just highly doubt it. Shoot anything is possible, it's possible that Jesus could come back before football season starts and then none of this would matter anyway.
cherokee Wrote:You probably still believe in the tooth fairy

If you want me to read you , we will read Bylaw 8 Sec. 3 part C. If you can read, do it on your own.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Don't know, doesn't mean I like it. I stand by my statement. If Corbin talked to them it is their fault. Yes the kid gets hurt , life is not fair when adults mettle, who's to blame, Corbin. If they broke the rules. You better wake up if you truly think that Corbin has not spoken with the kid from Bell. Matter of fact they are not the only one. Are you saying Dudley does it, so it is OK for Corbin? I don't think it is Ok for anyone to do it. Not really following the reasoning. Sounds like your saying it is OK to recruit Corbin kids you will release them and not fight it? I am asking where do you stand on recruiting?

If others are talking to him, then he must be a commodity be careful of what you wish for.
Actually waiting to see what happens in the North issue and some records to return.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:If there is proof then what is stopping bell from going forward with it? It sure as heck isn't because bell and Corbin like each other so much! Im just being honest about what I KNOW where others are obviously trusting their SOURCES. I don't know for a fact that Corbin didn't recruit anybody, I would just highly doubt it. Shoot anything is possible, it's possible that Jesus could come back before football season starts and then none of this would matter anyway.

Not nearly the same odds, but you are correct.

Bylaw 6 , Sec 3 , goes over that rule . The other Pride put up is actually foreign students can't and we all know how well that is enforced.
I do stand corrected, sorry just looked at transfer. But yes Bylaw 6.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:If there is proof then what is stopping bell from going forward with it? It sure as heck isn't because bell and Corbin like each other so much! Im just being honest about what I KNOW where others are obviously trusting their SOURCES. I don't know for a fact that Corbin didn't recruit anybody, I would just highly doubt it. Shoot anything is possible, it's possible that Jesus could come back before football season starts and then none of this would matter anyway.

I have proof that 4 players contacted a nearby school wanting to come as a package deal. The kids wanted out of there until they hired Dudley and I don't blame them. Bell County will be fine now and the kids will quit looking for other schools.
PRIDE101 Wrote:I do stand corrected, sorry just looked at transfer. But yes Bylaw 6.

Heck I was hoping you would read that to me:biglmao:
PRIDE101 Wrote:If you want me to read you , we will read Bylaw 8 Sec. 3 part C. If you can read, do it on your own.

:welcome:
AnswertheBell Wrote:Actually waiting to see what happens in the North issue and some records to return.

What does the north issue have to do with the bell issue? Also if you are waiting for records to return then you don't have proof, you have what someone told you. People will say crazy things.
cherokee Wrote:I have proof that 4 players contacted a nearby school wanting to come as a package deal. The kids wanted out of there until they hired Dudley and I don't blame them. Bell County will be fine now and the kids will quit looking for other schools.

I'm confused. Why would you need proof? Is something illegal?
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm confused. Why would you need proof? Is something illegal?

Nothing illegal or no problem just showing that a lot of those kids were frustrated with losing and started looking for other teams. This will not be a problem now that Dudley is back because all of those kids are happy again and that's what matters, dead issue.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:What does the north issue have to do with the bell issue? Also if you are waiting for records to return then you don't have proof, you have what someone told you. People will say crazy things.

Nope, I saw the phone and the numbers, waiting on document proof of text messages and Calls. Takes just a little longer. Mom doesn't want to leave phone with KHSAA. They told her to get documents.
cherokee Wrote:Nothing illegal or no problem just showing that a lot of those kids were frustrated with losing and started looking for other teams. This will not be a problem now that Dudley is back because all of those kids are happy again and that's what matters, dead issue.

Then why did Bell can a coach who went 10-3 a year prior? They weren't losing that year. It's weird to me that parents and players want to leave when a coach has a bad year, but they don't want to leave when the administration cans a good coach.
Im curious on how school choice could start to effect the current way of going about things.
This administration and state in particular want parents to be able to choose the school they want to go to. If that's the case, seems like transfer rules would be thrown out the window.
Yes it would. I think they fall with a compromise, 1 free move. After that back to same. You are correct it will put a fly in the ointment.
AnswertheBell Wrote:Nope, I saw the phone and the numbers, waiting on document proof of text messages and Calls. Takes just a little longer. Mom doesn't want to leave phone with KHSAA. They told her to get documents.

You may want to be careful and talk to an attorney because it is illegal to record someone without their consent in some states.
PRIDE101 Wrote:If you want me to read you , we will read Bylaw 8 Sec. 3 part C. If you can read, do it on your own.
How about Bylaw 6 Sec. 2 part B that would seem to relate more to the case being discussed.
The Outsider Wrote:You may want to be careful and talk to an attorney because it is illegal to record someone without their consent in some states.

Really, if someone calls me or text me they will not have an expectation of privacy. I will decide what I want to do with it. Especially, if they are breaking some kind of rules. That argument will not fly with me legal or not. That is like getting harassing calls and report it, record it and the prank caller sues me??? LOL
chs crazy Wrote:How about Bylaw 6 Sec. 2 part B that would seem to relate more to the case being discussed.

OK , I will say it once more for those that fail to read all the way through, I stand corrected. I read the foreign student. You are correct.:welcome:
AnswertheBell Wrote:Really, if someone calls me or text me they will not have an expectation of privacy. I will decide what I want to do with it. Especially, if they are breaking some kind of rules. That argument will not fly with me legal or not. That is like getting harassing calls and report it, record it and the prank caller sues me??? LOL

50-0
48-8
You really think Corbin needs Bell players, after 2 beat downs like this you should have enough respect for yourself and other Bell fans than being on a Corbin thread crying foul like a sore loser :please:
Only response for that is , Then don't do it. I know you know the game better than that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20