Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike Central 70 Pikeville 65
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final.
Congrats Pike Central
Congrats Pike Central
Congrats Pike Central on a big win. Yet again I get a prediciton wrong.
Congrats PC. Suprised me
Great win for PC!! Once again the 15th region referee's proved to be horrible and inconsistent with their calls. The refs did their best job to try and help Pikeville win but PC stayed strong and turned in a outstanding performance. Tyler Hamilton and David Hess had great games for PC. #33(ain't sure on his name) came off the bench in the third quarter and give PC a big spark. Congrats to PC once again! Good job and good luck to Pikeville, they too also played a terrific game.
congrats to my boys back at home how was the crowd
Pike Central 21-25 free throws
Hamilton 20 pts
Hess 19 pts
Thompson 10 pts
Varney 6 pts
Adkins, Slone, Nichols-5pts ea

Pikeville 10-17 free throws
Honaker 16pt Clevinger 15 pts
Sword 11 pt Harmon 12 pts
Adams 9 pt Boyd 2 pts
Hawksfan Wrote:Once again the 15th region referee's proved to be horrible and inconsistent with their calls. The refs did their best job to try and help Pikeville win .
The officials were not a factor in this game...perfect?? No, but they weren't bad.
I picked this one wrong. Congrats Hawks!!
Hawksfan Wrote:Great win for PC!! Once again the 15th region referee's proved to be horrible and inconsistent with their calls. The refs did their best job to try and help Pikeville win but PC stayed strong and turned in a outstanding performance. Tyler Hamilton and David Hess had great games for PC. #33(ain't sure on his name) came off the bench in the third quarter and give PC a big spark. Congrats to PC once again! Good job and good luck to Pikeville, they too also played a terrific game.

They were inconsistent at times, but to say they did all they could to help Pikeville win is a kind of foolish statement. If they was trying to help Pikeville win, they wouldnt have gotten Adams in foul trouble in the first 2 minutes of the game. Think about changing that statement in bold.
Shoot more free throws and win and whine about the refs.Rolleyes
Well I said PC would win, I just felt like they wanted it more, Good Job Guys
Congrats PC.
Good win for Hawks!
jetpilot Wrote:Shoot more free throws and win and whine about the refs.Rolleyes

Not whining about them at all. I just said that the refs didnt help Pikeville stay in the game.
you know what really makes me mad is a select few on my PC faithful get on here AFTER A WIN and complain about the refs...you guys we need to show more class then that...i have not seen ONE Pikeville fan get on this thread and complain about officiating and they lost...So how about we drop it and discuss the game like we know and thats talking about how each team looked and where they need to improve...Good Luck to both teams on the rest of the season...Good Job Coach Rowe, Thompson and the rest on a great win on the road
Conrats PC. Central simply played better last night and they couldn't miss a shot in the second half.
HAIL PIKEVILLE Wrote:Conrats PC. Central simply played better last night and they couldn't miss a shot in the second half.
i was going to say the exact same thing....everything was falling.....conrats to PC they simply wanted it more....and the refs werent a problem....it was a good game that the Hawks pulled out...Hopefully both teams can represent Pike Co. well in Post season play!!!!
WTG Hawks. I too predicted this one wrong. I am glad they won and hope that at some point we can have a rematch. the game between the two teams is always a good one and entertaining one at that.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Pike Central 21-25 free throws
Hamilton 20 pts
Hess 19 pts
Thompson 10 pts
Varney 6 pts
Adkins, Slone, Nichols-5pts ea

Pikeville 10-17 free throws
Honaker 16pt Clevinger 15 pts
Sword 11 pt Harmon 12 pts
Adams 9 pt Boyd 2 pts
When Hamilton plays to his potential he can play with anyone in the region and probabily is a top 5 player, but he has been inconsistant all year, this could be a big confidence builder for him. He's a nice player just needs to keep his head up and not get down.
Congrats Hawks
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:you know what really makes me mad is a select few on my PC faithful get on here AFTER A WIN and complain about the refs...you guys we need to show more class then that...i have not seen ONE Pikeville fan get on this thread and complain about officiating and they lost...So how about we drop it and discuss the game like we know and thats talking about how each team looked and where they need to improve...Good Luck to both teams on the rest of the season...Good Job Coach Rowe, Thompson and the rest on a great win on the road
I have said it all year long and I will stick by my opinion, the 15th region has the worst refs I have ever seen. You was not there so you didn't see some of the calls towards the end of the game that nearly cost Pike Central the win, thankfully they didn't though.
If I was a Pikeville fan I wouldn't be complaining about the calls neither, Pikeville fans understand that the refs didn't call the game too bad on their end and that they would have had to play a perfect game in order to have won. PC on the other hand played as close to perfect as you can get and still barely escaped with a victory, why you ask?
Because of bad calls by a ref, not all three but one, I wish I knew his name but I do not so oh well.
But anyway Pikeville did play a really good game as well.
Congrats to the Hawks! I would have given the nod to Pikeville before the game, but it doesn't surprise me that PC won. PC can play when they want to.
Hawksfan Wrote:I have said it all year long and I will stick by my opinion, the 15th region has the worst refs I have ever seen. You was not there so you didn't see some of the calls towards the end of the game that nearly cost Pike Central the win, thankfully they didn't though. If I was a Pikeville fan I wouldn't be complaining about the calls neither, Pikeville fans understand that the refs didn't call the game too bad on their end and that they would have had to play a perfect game in order to have won. PC on the other hand played as close to perfect as you can get and still barely escaped with a victory, why you ask? Because of bad calls by a ref, not all three but one, I wish I knew his name but I do not so oh well. But anyway's Pikeville did play a really good game as well.

I chose you getting better grammar. You were not there...not was...perhaps daddy should pay for you to go back to school or you should try harder in school...

But I did not go to the game but I heard the Hawks were lights out in the second half and at one point Pikeville had a nine point lead but lost it? I could be wrong, so any information anyone can tell me about the game would be great, minus hearing about the refs.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:I chose you getting better grammar. You were not there...not was...perhaps daddy should pay for you to go back to school or you should try harder in school...

But I did not go to the game but I heard the Hawks were lights out in the second half and at one point Pikeville had a nine point lead but lost it? I could be wrong, so any information anyone can tell me about the game would be great, minus hearing about the refs.

Well Pikeville hit a couple of three's early and jumped out to a 14-7 lead...Just as quick as that happened PC went on a 7-0 run and tied it up....From that Point till about mid-way through the third it was a even game...Then Pikeville got on a few fast breaks and strectched the lead to nine....PC then answered by going on an 11-0 run to take a two point lead... From then on it was back and forth with PC getting to a 6 point lead...Pikeville almost clawed back a couple of times but PC hit a bunch of clutch free-throws.....It was a good game a little more quite without any cheerleaders there lol....
Hawksfan Wrote:I have said it all year long and I will stick by my opinion, the 15th region has the worst refs I have ever seen. You was not there so you didn't see some of the calls towards the end of the game that nearly cost Pike Central the win, thankfully they didn't though. If I was a Pikeville fan I wouldn't be complaining about the calls neither, Pikeville fans understand that the refs didn't call the game too bad on their end and that they would have had to play a perfect game in order to have won. PC on the other hand played as close to perfect as you can get and still barely escaped with a victory, why you ask? Because of bad calls by a ref, not all three but one, I wish I knew his name but I do not so oh well. But anyway's Pikeville did play a really good game as well. As far as you having a problem with my opinion, you have 3 options: 1. Get me kicked off here. 2. Suck it up cause after all it is my opinion and that is what we are here to do is give our opinions on these games and factors in those games which believe it or not the referee's can be a factor. or 3. When you see the name Hawksfan, skip right on by what I have to say. Now pick one of the three or possibly even pick all three and then be very proud of yourself for doing so. Now do one more thing call mommy and daddy up and let them know that all that money they are paying for you to be off at college is finally starting work out for the good cause you just made a decision for the first time in your life. Heck daddy may even tell you that he is proud of you for once!!!! Good Job!! I am absolutely blessed to say that I graduated the same high school as you. Just kiddin' with you there buddy, just wanted to see how mad you got by the end of this message!

well thats your opinion and i just do not understand why you and others can not just be happy w/ a win...that is all i was saying and i am sick of ppl on here not being able to be happy with a win, the fact is we are stuck with the refs we have and we just might as well face the fact that it will always be like this...

now to the end of your message...mommy and daddy do not pay for my college i pay for it out of my bank account...as well slama is on this thing called an academic/sports scholarship...as well i think it is funny how you act like you know me so well if you did graduate with me or went to school with me apparently you never had the oppurtunity to get to know me or my family by your post...so good job on making your self look like an @*$...just kidding there buddy...
Hawksfan...It never fails---the refs are always to blame. But why complain if PC won. I know that I complain about refs on here but get over it. We won and go on. There is always harsh criticism on the refs part and in some cases they deserve it. But let me see you go and ref a game and see how much flack you get. Could you do a better job?
Pike Central Won....Pikeville Lost....Refs good or bad...the game is over...move on with it