Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tackett and Johnson?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've heard that Tackett and Johnson from JC will be attending Pikeville college next year. Any thoughts on how these two will fit in?
We'll learn Monday, that's when Pikeville is supposed to hold their signing day.
yea they have signed with pikeville....i wish both of them best of luck next year
They will be practice players but probably will see time on special teams.
they might be red-shirted this year, but i think that they will be starters in a few, there both just raw head hunters
I have a hard time trying to make a prediction on this one. Does Tackett have the size and can Johnson keep his shoulder healthy? I know he has a never say die attitude but at some point he will be physically incapable.
why wouldn't Tackett have the size? Pikevilles leading tackler is about the same size he is. Tackett will get alot bigger. Johnson's knee not his shoulder is the issue. Tackett's shoulder is what we need to worry bout. The doctor recommended surgery but he told them not right now. he really wants to work hard no matter how much pain there is. These two will be a duo that is an even bigger name in college than in highschool. I wish them the best of luck.
These two will get playing time! Tackett was the #1 man Pikeville wanted this recuriting season. I was told that by PC's head coach.
He may have been, but they are returning their LB corps from last season....I think they will play in a few years though.
SunDoctor Wrote:These two will be a duo that is an even bigger name in college than in highschool. I wish them the best of luck.

Johnson won't be playin LB, if he even plays on the defensive side of the ball it will be on the line. Pikeville never uses a FB unless it is on the goal line, look for him to play TE. Tackett will get some playin this year at LB and will prolly be on special teams..
IRISH4 Wrote:He may have been, but they are returning their LB corps from last season....I think they will play in a few years though.

Not only did they return the starters from last year, they return the LB from Florida who started the year before last but was ineligible this past season.
Johnson is too big and doens't have good enough hands for TE. I look for him to be a DT or DE. Tackett will get some playing time at LB but mainly on special teams, he'll probably be the 3rd or 4th LB this season. But will get a lot playing time the next few seasons.
RayRay Wrote:Johnson is too big and doens't have good enough hands for TE. I look for him to be a DT or DE. Tackett will get some playing time at LB but mainly on special teams, he'll probably be the 3rd or 4th LB this season. But will get a lot playing time the next few seasons.

What does he need hands for, they don't throw to the TE, the TE's at PC are used for blocking mainly.