Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mr.Football Candidates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1- Jake Johnson
2-Jamale Carothers
3-Walker Wood

That is how I see it.
Thoughts?
Frozen Tundra Wrote:1- Jake Johnson
2-Jamale Carothers
3-Walker Wood

That is how I see it.
Thoughts?

The Trinity kid earned his spot and made a believer out of me

He gets bonus points for being the best player on the best team

I like Johnson #1 and Carothers though ahead of Wood as well. Both those guys are prototypes for what you would want out of a Mr. Football. Greta representatives and great players.
Looks spot on to me! :Thumbs:

This is a Mr Football Award, not Mr Running Back, Mr Quarterback, Mr Wide Receiver. Jake Johnson literally did everything for Pulaski County this year and set school records on both sides of the ball and set about every state record possible at the wide receiver position. It would be a disgrace if someone else manages to win the award.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Looks spot on to me! :Thumbs:

This is a Mr Football Award, not Mr Running Back, Mr Quarterback, Mr Wide Receiver. Jake Johnson literally did everything for Pulaski County this year and set school records on both sides of the ball and set about every state record possible at the wide receiver position. It would be a disgrace if someone else manages to win the award.
I agree. Johnson was the PC team. But if you're ranks are in the top of the country. That's gotta say a lot. Top teams in the country have top nations players. Even if they are from Louisville, Private school.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The Trinity kid earned his spot and made a believer out of me

He gets bonus points for being the best player on the best team

I like Johnson #1 and Carothers though ahead of Wood as well. Both those guys are prototypes for what you would want out of a Mr. Football. Greta representatives and great players.

I know nothing about Spencer Blackburn from Trinity, other than he's very good. Is he from Kentucky or did he move here just to play football? Hard for me to vote for him, over three Kentucky boys. I just never heard of him before this year.
If I had a vote it is without question Johnson. He may not win Mr. Football but no one on here will ever convince me there is another kid that has meant more to his team and program over the last 4 years. Johnson, along with some other fine young men have put PC football on the map for years to come.
No particular order.
Cam Racke
Tanner Morgan
Spencer Blackburn
Walker Wood
Jamale Carothers
FBfan4life Wrote:No particular order.
Cam Racke
Tanner Morgan
Spencer Blackburn
Walker Wood
Jamale Carothers

No Jake Johnson on your list? You have lost credibility fella. :flush:
Jake Johnsons stats pass the eye test for me especially since he was successful on both offense and defense not to mention special teams.
FBfan4life Wrote:No particular order.
Cam Racke
Tanner Morgan
Spencer Blackburn
Walker Wood
Jamale Carothers

No way I would put Racke in over Jake Johnson
How many other players on these lists...

Rushed for a TD, had a reception for a TD, passed for a TD, kickoff return for a TD, punt return for a TD, and interception return for a TD...

AND led a team many left for dead to the state title game for the 4th consecutive year in a row? (Winning one of those.)
If Jake Johnson doesn't win Mr. Football, then do away with the award. It has no credibility and is solely a political award. I credit all players listed as being great football players, but when you look at the body of work by this young man, it doesn't compare to anyone else in the state. He was a complete football player in all phases of the game. He was the most valuable to his team than anyone in the state.

I truly hope this award is given to the correct individual to save the relevancy of the great honor that it is.
All the candidates have a legitimate arrangement after the senior seasons they had. So I think you have to go career and it has to be Johnson. That's my take anyway.
Slotback22 Wrote:Jake Johnsons stats pass the eye test for me especially since he was successful on both offense and defense not to mention special teams.

So did Christian McCaffrey of Stanford and he didn't win the BEST player/ Heisman last season :eyeroll:
2016 Season:
3,047 passing yards
65% completion
30 TD passes
1,321 rush yards
31 rush TD

Career:
8,412 passing yards
74 TD passes
4,199 rushing yards
73 rushing TD
100 receiving yards
1 TD catch
DROP THE MIC! Lol
FBfan4life Wrote:So did Christian McCaffrey of Stanford and he didn't win the BEST player/ Heisman last season :eyeroll:

Nice comparison. McCaffrey also won the Gatorade Player of the Year in the state of Colorado his junior & senior seasons. Mr. Football is a state award, not a national award.
FBfan4life Wrote:2016 Season:
3,047 passing yards
65% completion
30 TD passes
1,321 rush yards
31 rush TD

Career:
8,412 passing yards
74 TD passes
4,199 rushing yards
73 rushing TD
100 receiving yards
1 TD catch
DROP THE MIC! Lol
At that pace, in 4 more years he could possibly have a few state records and a state championship. Sorry, you like your guy and I'll like mine.
Trophy Room Wrote:At that pace, in 4 more years he could possibly have a few state records and a state championship. Sorry, you like your guy and I'll like mine.

Throw us some numbers Sir. This season and all 4 season played.
FBfan4life Wrote:Throw us some numbers Sir. This season and all 4 season played.

You want Jake Johnson's numbers?
Senior:
173 rushing, 2 TD's
55 passing, 1 TD
139 catches, 1701 yards, 18 TD's
9 INTS, 2 TD's
3 Fumble Recoveries
Several Kick Return TD's

Junior
85 rushing yards, TD
104 catches, 1606 yards, 23 TD's
2 INT's

Sophomore
73 rushing yards
82 catches, 1295 yards, 11 TD's
1 Kick Return TD

Freshman
40 rushing yards, TD
89 catches, 1012 yards, 12 TD's
1 Kick Return TD

Kentucky's ALL-TIME leader in receptions, receiving yards, and 2nd in receiving TD's
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Senior:
173 rushing, 2 TD's
55 passing, 1 TD
9 INTS, 2 TD's
3 Fumble Recoveries
Several Kick Return TD's

Junior
85 rushing yards, TD
2 INT's

Sophomore
73 rushing yards
1 Kick Return TD

Freshman
40 rushing yards, TD
1 Kick Return TD

Kentucky's ALL-TIME leader in receptions, receiving yards, and 2nd in receiving TD's
Don't forget most receptions in a season, another state record.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Senior:
173 rushing, 2 TD's
55 passing, 1 TD
9 INTS, 2 TD's
3 Fumble Recoveries
Several Kick Return TD's

Junior
85 rushing yards, TD
2 INT's

Sophomore
73 rushing yards
1 Kick Return TD

Freshman
40 rushing yards, TD
1 Kick Return TD

+ 1 state championship
Ninja Wrote:+ 1 state championship

4 Finals Appearances as well including this year which he literally carried his team to
FBfan4life Wrote:2016 Season:
3,047 passing yards
65% completion
30 TD passes
1,321 rush yards
31 rush TD

Career:
8,412 passing yards
74 TD passes
4,199 rushing yards
73 rushing TD
100 receiving yards
1 TD catch
DROP THE MIC! Lol
I think someone dropped the mic on your head. Its ok if you dont think Johnson should win but to leave him off a list of candidates is absurd and just utterly ridiculous.Confusederiously:
Nick Conley from Russell
Carothers was announced as Kentucky Gatorade player of the year.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Nick Conley from Russell
Good player but in no way mr football candidate
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Nick Conley from Russell

Maybe an All-State candidate, but probably wasn't a Top 7 player in his 3A Semi-State, let alone Mr. Football

Very good player, but just not in the same league.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Carothers was announced as Kentucky Gatorade player of the year.
Congrats to Carothers, only got to see him play once, but he's an outstanding do everything back for sure.
Congrats Carothers, I was hoping for Jake Johnson but either was deserving. Maybe Jake will win the Kentucky "Doug Eads Moonshine" player of the year. LOL
Pages: 1 2