Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got this schedule through the grapevine...

8/18/17 @ Garrard County
8/25/17 @ West Carter
9/1//17 Bath county
9/8/17 @ Lawrence County
9/22/17 Magoffin County
9/29/17 Knott Central
10/6/17 @ Estill County
10/13/17 Breathitt County
10/20/17 @ Morgan County
10/27/17 @ East Carter
Looks like a schedule where they could potentially have some success. What kind of team is Coach Brewer going to have?
KYFootball3333 Wrote:Looks like a schedule where they could potentially have some success. What kind of team is Coach Brewer going to have?

Lose 4 to graduation. Return all their backs plus their QB. Should have a dandy of a season.
[quote=Strikeout King]Got this schedule through the grapevine...

8/18/17 @ Garrard County
8/25/17 @ West Carter
9/1//17 Bath county
9/8/17 @ Lawrence County
9/22/17 Magoffin County
9/29/17 Knott Central
10/6/17 @ Estill County
10/13/17 Breathitt County
10/20/17 @ Morgan County
10/27/17 @ East Carter[/QUOTE

They could be a solid team but this schedule could also only yield 3-4 wins. Several team on here are supposed to be as good or better than their 2016 versions.
They are actually losing 5 Seniors.
^ Who's the 5th one?
Well who are the four you are thinking of?
Were any of them good?
according to KHSAA Roster

OL/DL Bradley Charles
RB/DB Elijah Oertli
TE/DL-OLB Even Toler
OL-TE/DL Ben Watson
OL/DL Meredith Waugh
Is Coach Brewer going to stay? Heard he was looking to leave before the season started back in the summer.
He's committed to building up his Alma Mater into a team to be reckon with year in and year out.
I think Brewer will be at Powell until he retires. He is definitely committed to building a consistently competitive program. I fully expect a much better season from Powell. 7-8 wins and 1 or 2 in the playoffs.
Big Chief Wrote:I think Brewer will be at Powell until he retires. He is definitely committed to building a consistently competitive program. I fully expect a much better season from Powell. 7-8 wins and 1 or 2 in the playoffs.

Powell's current district alignment will allow them to compete for a home playoff game each year.