Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Noel Reassigned by Sixers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba.../94669000/

Probably the only bust Cal ever produced.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba.../94669000/

not panning out for sure.
Noel was a bust in college.
That 2013 team was the child nobody wants to talk about
Reading is hard apparently. He is reassigned for knee rehab. He's nearly averaged a double-double the last 2 seasons, along with 2 blocks per game. Hardly a bust. Just injured often.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Noel was a bust in college.
That 2013 team was the child nobody wants to talk about

Because he was injured?

He averaged 11 points and 10 boards per game before going out with his injury. Not to mention 4.4 blocks per game, and 2.1 steals per game. That team sucked, but he was the only bright spot on it.

I'm not afraid to hate on Cal either, but Noel is far from a bust. The Harrison Twins on the other hand are a perfect example.
He has had some bad luck
Motley Wrote:Because he was injured?

He averaged 11 points and 10 boards per game before going out with his injury. Not to mention 4.4 blocks per game, and 2.1 steals per game. That team sucked, but he was the only bright spot on it.

Sam Bowie was a bust because of injuries.

Same applies to Noel.

Ummmmm lol. Daniel Orton, Dakari Johnson, Darius Miller, James Young......
dore20 Wrote:Ummmmm lol. Daniel Orton, Dakari Johnson, Darius Miller, James Young......

I agree with all except Miller. Darius was inherited, so not truly a Cal recruiting product and likely would never have been a recruit. But your point is well taken.
If I had to pick the biggest bust of the "major recruits" cal has produced id say Orton was the biggest.
Sad part is most of these guys like Orton, Johnson, Noel, Young, etc. could have been really good NBA players had they stayed in college for a couple of years. They jumped two fast, especially guys like Dakari
Stardust Wrote:I agree with all except Miller. Darius was inherited, so not truly a Cal recruiting product and likely would never have been a recruit. But your point is well taken.

Your right my bad. I hated adding him on the list anyways because he is truly a good guy. He has tore it up over seas though.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If I had to pick the biggest bust of the "major recruits" cal has produced id say Orton was the biggest.
Sad part is most of these guys like Orton, Johnson, Noel, Young, etc. could have been really good NBA players had they stayed in college for a couple of years. They jumped two fast, especially guys like Dakari

I honestly dont consider Noel a bust. He might not be worthy of being a lottery pick but that was one of the weakest drafts ever. But he averages decent numbers and if he can stay healthy should have a nice long career.
dore20 Wrote:I honestly dont consider Noel a bust. He might not be worthy of being a lottery pick but that was one of the weakest drafts ever. But he averages decent numbers and if he can stay healthy should have a nice long career.

That's the problem. The Sixers took him as a lottery pick hurt and he had to sit out his rookie season. That was not Noel's fault. Nice riding the bench collecting a guaranteed contract.
To be honest, now that I think about it, Gilchrist may end up being the biggest bust. Number 2 pick and I think he will be out of the league in a few years unless teams keep him primarily as a defender. He will never be a great scorer
Orton is only a bust because he didn't want to get left behind and entered the draft with all his buddies.

He could have made a decent career out of his talent but he listened to the wrong people.
Nerlens played great yesterday and got the W. He is getting older and stronger and is turning in to a force for the 76ers.
So, extenuating circumstances aside, who's the bigger bust, Noel, Orton, or maybe Young? Dakari is in the D-League but he made the all-star game, the D-League all-star game but still showing some signs of life.